• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do I use to beat MK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
I've never had trouble against anyone but Snake. As long as you know how and when to execute Meta's moveset, only Snake will prove overly difficult; however, not impossible. Just when you play Snake, you have to keep on your toes. If it's late at night, or you're tired, or just looking for an extremely casual matchup - you'll prob lose to Snake, if you follow me.

Shibby

Smash Journeyman
University of Minnesota (Green Bay Wisconsin in Su
I've never had trouble against anyone but Snake. As long as you know how and when to execute Meta's moveset, only Snake will prove overly difficult; however, not impossible. Just when you play Snake, you have to keep on your toes. If it's late at night, or you're tired, or just looking for an extremely casual matchup - you'll prob lose to Snake, if you follow me.
I feel you, just don't think I'm ready to take on the world of Snake. We'll see, thanks for the advice gentlemen.

Shears

Smash Master
not pit, i can explain that later if you want.

snake is a definite counter.

wolf not really a big time counter just a real big pain due to his fsmash, laser, and dsmash. hes trouble so learn how to play him but idk about a definite counter.

falco, holyforce i dont think youve played any good falcos or you wouldve had trouble with him and remembered it. falco can chain grab MK to a guaranteed 50% to the ledge and get a dair or any aerial off, unless you get the upB off as MK, youll prevent that aerial. his lasers are quick and stop every one of his moves, his dsmash is almost as fast as MKs dsmash, his fsmash has good range, his reflector has long range it will stop an aggressive MK, his lasers stop the unorthodox campy MK. MKs strength is getting falco in the air and edgehogging his poor recovery. falco is an MK counter (as of now). btw if you trip as MK, falco can laser lock you off the ledge.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
not pit, i can explain that later if you want.

snake is a definite counter.

wolf not really a big time counter just a real big pain due to his fsmash, laser, and dsmash. hes trouble so learn how to play him but idk about a definite counter.

falco, holyforce i dont think youve played any good falcos or you wouldve had trouble with him and remembered it. falco can chain grab MK to a guaranteed 50% to the ledge and get a dair or any aerial off, unless you get the upB off as MK, youll prevent that aerial. his lasers are quick and stop every one of his moves, his dsmash is almost as fast as MKs dsmash, his fsmash has good range, his reflector has long range it will stop an aggressive MK, his lasers stop the unorthodox campy MK. MKs strength is getting falco in the air and edgehogging his poor recovery. falco is an MK counter (as of now). btw if you trip as MK, falco can laser lock you off the ledge.
Falco is no joke, bro; but Snake is definately the hardest, in my opinion. Everything you said pretty much seems in order, however getting the necessary hits to get a Falco offstage then playing on his poor recovery usually finds its way to me. I would be interested in playing a good Falco you know if you could hook me up. Thanks for your insight.

Shears

Smash Master
your right, getting him off stage and claiming that poor recovery works really well, but its just getting the chance to hit him. this kid DGon has the dirtiest falco ive seen. he plays with forte and light and his falco gives me more trouble than anyone other than chillins snake. the only way you could play DGon is in person because he doesnt have a wii nor wifi.

i also agree that snake is definately the hardest for MK. i play chillins snake and it tools on me. ive managed to get around the holding grenade trick by doing a dash grab and uthrow. he'll drop the grenade and neither you nor him will be hurt by it when it explodes and the grab will be successful and play the MK aerial combo after. actually the uthrow is MKs strength against snake. if snake does an usmash or grenade you can run in there and get the uthrow off without taking any damage. also dash in and stop quickly out of attack range and do a tornado into snake, most likely theyll drop their shield to grab, or tilt, or jab, or do any attack and you can sweep them up with the tornado before they get it off.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
ROB actually has a hard time agains Mk. Out of them, I would say Snake would be the best.

Squidster

Smash Ace
Marth is faily decent as well.

One of the few characters who can out range meta knight... and that means intense spacing games... which means lots of tips.

Counter can screw metaknight over a lot due to him having only... 2 kill moves.

And light charactes are always easy to kill for anyone with decent kill moves.
Marth has decent kill moves.

sesshomaru

Smash Journeyman
Really, no one said zelda? I hate fightin zelda man. Tornadoes out because of her usmash, sh aerials will be shielded and you will be smashed, and shes not comin for you. Shes a camping tank, spacing her perfectly gets you nowhere as her fsmash has no lag and good range. To top it all off if you do start an air combo shes going to spam the lightning kicks. These can kill you while your just starting to make some head way.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Snake definitely. He and his stage are terrible.
A good Ike player can be a nightmare - if you make one mistake or don't dodge in time you're outta there.
Pit can cancel a lot of my moves, something I haven't noticed in any other character.
Zelda can be terrible too, but if you dodge her longer ranged attacks you should be fine.

Marth is a joke once you're used to playing against him - my sister is a Marth mainer. MK's range is longer which already puts him at a disadvantage, and the rest of the moves you can grab or shield in time easily, so no Marth.

samalamading

Smash Cadet
Seriously Yoshi can CG MK, infinitely untill you reach a ledge. I learned from experience when I chose MK, they just have to catch and release with yoshi, then run up and do a Fair to Ko. Sometimes its 0 death. Their is no DI out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom