• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who did you play in Melee?

Foofshenheimer

Smash Cadet
Since Lucas is a newcomer, i was curious as to see what character you all played in Melee. I'm curious if there is a corelation or something.

My Melee Main: Falco (Lucas' Short hop Pk fire feels like a short hop laser)

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
I mained Mario and Fox in Melee, mostly Mario though. I think I like Lucas so much because he actually has methods of killing the opponent (unlike Melee Mario).

TwilightKnight

Smash Cadet
I mained Luigi and Sheik in Melee. The funny thing is I wasn't planning on maining Lucas before but after I played as him in SSE. I've started using him in 1vs 1 afterwards and ended up enjoying playing as Lucas and now he's one of my mains.

Batteries

Smash Cadet
Peach/Ness.

I used Samus for a while, and Marth for a while, and I tried to learn Pichu, but to no avail

64 was Kirby/Ness.

Trozz

Smash Ace
Marth.
I was emulating melee on the Wii (no GC), so there was some 'emulation lag'. If I had sharper setup, I'd main Fox.

Bizzenya

Smash Rookie
I mained Peach and DK, but ironically rarely played them as my play group couldn't handle the fury.

SMS028

Smash Rookie
I mained falco. I think that lucas is close to the style I played in melee. SHL = SHPK fire.

I played pikachu in 64, but never could get back into it after I started in with melee.

shae_hawk

Smash Rookie
I mained Fox and also messed around a bunch with Link and Jiggly. Fox doesn't feel the same in Brawl, nor does Jiggly. I like Lucas because he has so many options for playstyle and has many ways to quickly finish enemies.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Played as ness since 64 up until around 3 months ago when I was playing ganon non stop in melee. He sucks now and idk lucas is just like ness but better

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I mained Fox and Ness in melee. I like Lucas because he has more technical things to develope than most characters in Brawl at the moment. Plus PK Thunder and PK Fire own.

mzink*

Smash Ace
I used Fox in Melee, I usually like the quicker characters but for some reason I clicked with Lucas in Brawl.

mzink*

Smash Ace
Fox

I used Fox in melee, I usually like the quicker characters but for some reason I clicked with Lucas in Brawl

Attractive Penguin

Smash Apprentice
There's no correlation if you consider all those that were lolfoxmarthshiek in the last game. This is, after all, smashboards.
Me? I mained Kirby. And he's still one of my mains. I just tend to use Lucas more now.

Maldazzar

Smash Cadet
For me, Link/Bowser/Fox. Sadly though, I just don't see Link as working for me as well in Brawl, so my entire main team was replaced. Lucus just clicked, and while he isn't a main for me, he's up there on my list.

Top Bottom