• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who did you main in Melee? and who do you main now?

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
I used to main Jiggz and Peach now I main Dedede. Idk why it seems like a lot of old jiggz mains gravitated to Dedede. I know a few other people who did too.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Samus in melee

Pit in Brawl.

Why? Samus isn't in Brawl. There is someone with the name Samus and looks like Samus, but she's nothing like Samus.

lookatthatbaconsizzle

Smash Journeyman
I didn't used to main Toon Link in Melee but I really like him in Brawl. :chuckle: I like falco a lot actually... and when I choose him I never lose the match I'm playing.

/\ /\ /\
and that up there is the truth. The samus bit.

Uncle Fitzy

Smash Journeyman
Samus in melee

Pit in Brawl.

Why? Samus isn't in Brawl. There is someone with the name Samus and looks like Samus, but she's nothing like Samus.
I kind of agree. Samus was one of my mains in Melee but she is horribly nerfed in Brawl.

Anyways on topic...

Melee: Mario, DK, Samus, Link

Brawl: Sonic, Mario, Meta Knight, Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong and Falco.

lookatthatbaconsizzle

Smash Journeyman
I kind of agree. Samus was one of my mains in Melee but she is horribly nerfed in Brawl.

Anyways on topic...

Melee: Mario, DK, Samus, Link

Brawl: Sonic, Mario, Meta Knight, Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong and Falco.
Man Idk how you can stand Donkey Kong.... He just seems super nerfed to me.

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
Captain Falcon In Melee
King Dedede in Brawl

I think they replaced Captain Falcon with Rick Wheeler

R.O.B

Smash Rookie
My main in melee was mario i realy liked him well balanced...But for brawl hmmm i guess R.O.B,Mario and mr game and watch...Guess i will try mastering lucas

Angewomon

Smash Apprentice
Zelda, Marth and Mr. Game & Watch in Melee. Zero Suit Samus, Zelda and Dedede in Brawl.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Lemme see...I want from Fox to Wolf and Meta Knight. I still don't know who I want to main more tho, I think it depends on who I'm best with. But I really can't tell.:laugh:

Moon/Sun

Smash Apprentice
I have and always will main Samus no matter what changes. The same goes for my second Sheik. Naturally I also alternate with their transformations during a match. I dont mind the fact that Sheik and Zelda rely on eatchother more I just wish they would've done that previously. Samus is still my girl for butt whoopin and with Zero Suite Samus added I find her much better. Although I don't like that I can't switch between them with the udownup taunt. Oh well I still like them.

Moon/Sun

Smash Apprentice
:laugh: yeah they hired a super model as the new Samus, thats why shes not how she used to be

Corigames

Smash Hero
Isn't it disturbing how many people fell for Nintendo's clever ruse? But they can't shield my eyes! You know how I found out? She told me. They basically just mo-capped her and through in a "model" (hologram) into the game. They're cheap to leave her out. It's not her fault that during development she was called away! What would you do? Volunteer work for a children's fighter or collect money killing space pirates?

I know, tough decision, right?

Moon/Sun

Smash Apprentice
Wow seems like she had a tight schedule conflict. Hopefully she will return.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Wow seems like she had a tight schedule conflict. Hopefully she will return.
Hey, putting food on the table is, evidentially, much better than being high on the tier list. Maybe there will be a patch and they can let her in to play, or she can just wait 'till next time.

BTW, you think you've seen Zero Suit... but I have seen Zero Suit. Now that is God tier in my book :chuckle:

Moon/Sun

Smash Apprentice
:laugh: If Im assuming what I think you want me to assume then my assumtion is spot on

On topic I will, as seen by my sig, sometimes use Marth and Link along with Captain Falcon.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
used to main Link, Ganondorf, and Sheik
secondaried Yoshi, Marth, and Falco

current mains and secondaries are in my sig...

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
In Melee it was DK, Luigi and Pichu.

In Brawl it's DK and Lucas so far. I'll probaly end up maining Wario as well.

Rash

Smash Ace
I main more characters in Brawl than I did in Melee. But most of all, I've mained Samus the most. She was good in Melee and she's good in Brawl. I don't know what some of you are talking about

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
In Melee: Marth, Roy, Zelda.

In Brawl: Zamus, Olimar, Ike, Wolf. [Butit might change again, except for Zamus].

Grandeza

Smash Master
Melee: Samus

Brawl: Diddy Kong

Some Brawl tester must have been amazing with samus and they decided to make her 30x worse.

Top Bottom