• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who decides the flashiness of moves...

captainlukey

Smash Ace
why is it that some moves are considered flashy (edge hopped double lasers) and others not... (wavedash)

cause personally i find the wavedash looks a hell of a lot better than ehdl imo and therefore should be a flashier move no?

anyhoo wats your opinion

how is the flashiness of moves measured?
is it measured on
1) how aesthetically pleasing it is?
2)how hard it is to do?
3) how many moves you can follow it up with?
4)how much knockback it has?

clowsui

Smash Legend
flashy is more like a synonym for unnecessary but cool looking, so generally the criteria would prolly be:
1) does it look like something shiz or silent wolf would use?
2) is it relatively useless outside of specific instances?
3) is it relatively difficult to do (harder than reverse waveshining across 1/3-1/2 of FD, as fox or falco)?

captainlukey

Smash Ace
flashy is more like a synonym for unnecessary but cool looking, so generally the criteria would prolly be:
1) does it look like something shiz or silent wolf would use?
2) is it relatively useless outside of specific instances?
3) is it relatively difficult to do (harder than reverse waveshining across 1/3-1/2 of FD, as fox or falco)?
lol
and i agree...
but then why do some moves (ehdl again) get this "flashy" label, its not even that hard to do.. im not shiz or pc but i can do this move, i just dont understand why shffld moves arent considered flashy, i mean they are unnecisarrily hard to do and arent even really in the game (if you get my drift),
but theyer not considered flashy they are considered more as just the meat and potatoes of the game

clowsui

Smash Legend
lhdl is not considered flashy, it's rather useful
shffls are not flashy because they are very useful and they are indeed in the game; they're all components can be put together without exploiting physics, no?
shffls are the meat and potatoes of the advanced/competitive scene

captainlukey

Smash Ace
lhdl is not considered flashy, it's rather useful
shffls are not flashy because they are very useful and they are indeed in the game; they're all components can be put together without exploiting physics, no?
shffls are the meat and potatoes of the advanced/competitive scene
they are in the game obviously cause we use them... but they are not in the game
(i feel like neo ore something) there is no spoon man... there just is no spoon...
i wont disagree with the useful ness of the move tho, it has helped me

and its obviously not me that thinks they are flashy that just seems to be the general opinion of the board... i swear

Top Bottom