• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Are You On Youtube?

Timothy2035

Smash Journeyman
Just trying to learn every PT mainer here who posts videos of PT gameplay on youtube. I would like to view your videos. I already know who PokemonTrainer IRL is on youtube. :)

Timothy2035

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to all who responded. I'm rather new here at Smash boards. I didn't properly introduce myself. I'm of course Timothy, and I love video games still after all these years. I like fighting games and action/adventure type stuff. I don't care much for other genres.

I'm rather new to the Smash Bros. scene. Brawl was very different from the Street Fighters and the Tekkens. Brawl is somrwhat addicting! I bought Brawl mainly due to online and Pikachu. I liked Pikachu in some gameplay videos and tried Melee for a "moment" (rental), but I kept it in mind. I never got deep into Melee as I was playing the other fighters. Godzilla was one of them, as I had the Gamecube version of Destroy All Monsters Melee. I loved that game.

Though when Brawl was announced, plus online confirmed I said I would get Brawl. I started handing out a few threats of taking people down with Pikachu. haha! I got into the game when it came out.

I loved it. In fact, Smash Brawl is the only game I even think about playing now. Pikachu brought lots of fun, and some wins online. I didn't become the dominating gaming king I hoped for, but I had fun. I had and still do have to work out kinks.

I liked Pokemon Trainer a lot. The 3 most well known right behind Pikachu just struck a fancy as I liked watching the anime in the 90s. Though I struggled with recoveries, and I didn't get info on what to do about Squirtle forward shell slide. Which I died a lot. Needless to say, I abandoned PT. The second time around, I played better, but had some problems with recoveries. So I left PT alone again. I have played Olimar, Pit, Kirby, Lucario, Diddy Kong, Toon Link, Falco, Wolf, Samus, ZS Samus, Luigi and now Marth. Marth does well with me, and I always kept my favorite, Pikachu handy. Though Pokemon Trainer kept calling me back like some alien telepathy, so I set out to learn, view and read what I can to make PT more like I want it to be. At the Atari forums, I'm a user super moderator. Some members in Godzilla and Dragon Ball Z play Brawl. I mod 2 forums where we discuss Brawl and do matches. One of the members mentioned this board and so I came here. I first off was reading and posting in the Lucario forum as I was pretty nice with Lucario. I had become more interested in the Brawl pokemon characters (except Jiggly). When I decided to pursue improving PT, I ended up here. :) So here I am. I play the green PT. I hope to "be da best there ever was"!

So I thought to share a little about me, so maybe more people would respond.

I dont post any vids but for those who went to my thread will recognise my utter failure in this vid. (this usually isnt my best)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDdLy...eature=related
Thanks for posting! :) There is something wrong with your link.

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
'kay got it.

Anyway, I wish there were more good videos of PT to watch on Youtube. There's so few that are really worth watching, anyway.

Timothy2035

Smash Journeyman
'kay got it.

Anyway, I wish there were more good videos of PT to watch on Youtube. There's so few that are really worth watching, anyway.
Well I've seen some that were really good, but I don't know if ot how many are from people here. I'll be doing some soon. Hopefully soon as my laptop comes back from being repaired.

What are the best (and not so expensive) ways to record video games for uploading? Like what devices? :)

EDIT: I just watched your Ivy Leaves of Three video. Soooo coool! :)

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
Capture cards are probably about the cheapest things, but they do cost a bit for some good quality.

I got a TV Tuner that records in MPG4 (Best thing ever <3) for $30, but I bought it with extensive cuppon and sales discounts. It originally cost like $129.99. It's discontinued too, but I really like it. The only thing is sometimes the videos get kind of screwed up, but it doesn't matter as much because I figured out that if I convert them to WMV with a program I got then it fixes it most of the time.

Timothy2035

Smash Journeyman
Capture cards are probably about the cheapest things, but they do cost a bit for some good quality.

I got a TV Tuner that records in MPG4 (Best thing ever <3) for $30, but I bought it with extensive cuppon and sales discounts. It originally cost like $129.99. It's discontinued too, but I really like it. The only thing is sometimes the videos get kind of screwed up, but it doesn't matter as much because I figured out that if I convert them to WMV with a program I got then it fixes it most of the time.
ok thanks for the tip.

I watched your new Ivysaur video. Its great! "Amazing job!"

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
I'm dissapointed that I didn't have enough time to get the Ivysaur spasm (It's one of the Win screen combinations) in it. :( Thanks, though. <3

Miles.

Smash Champion
nice ivy vid retro.

good to see some quality stuff.

a lot of our vid thread is soo outdated and like when the game was new.

loved the SHFF Bairs and a lot of the mix ups. Nair spikes and Tether gaurds make me happy too.

I was disappointted in the Suirt vid tho.

It was more the opponents than anything. The Fox side B-ing into you when you still were invinceable from a new stock was silly and just wasnt anything i guess flashy or worth imitating i suppose.

Although I do really like tech chase style with Squirt and I like how you pressure with hid Dair.

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
nice ivy vid retro.

good to see some quality stuff.

a lot of our vid thread is soo outdated and like when the game was new.

loved the SHFF Bairs and a lot of the mix ups. Nair spikes and Tether gaurds make me happy too.

I was disappointted in the Suirt vid tho.

It was more the opponents than anything. The Fox side B-ing into you when you still were invinceable from a new stock was silly and just wasnt anything i guess flashy or worth imitating i suppose.

Although I do really like tech chase style with Squirt and I like how you pressure with hid Dair.
Thanks. I think the Fox (Whoever that was :laugh: ) was actually trying to get back to the center, since he was already at 80% -ish. But I 'dunknow.

Elliot Gale

Smash Ace
Well, I'm SmashWiselugia, though I'm probably going to make a new account considering I don't much like the name and don't have anything uploaded anyway...

peeup

Smash Lord
I might try to record some matches and put them up... it will be fairly bad quality though, I don't have an SD card so I'd probably have to record them with a normal clam quarter (if you clam up, you get a quarter!).

When/If I do record/post any of my matches, I'm peeupoxy.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I haven't really uploaded much (especially with the Trainer), but here's my PT mirror match. My Charizard sucked royally back when I did this, but most of it holds up okay. I'll probably upload some more vids as I go along, although I still play Yoshi more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqSfE7Tf4to

zeta

Smash Journeyman
I've seen your other videos, and you really need to work on your Ivysaur.
I agree i've spent a lot of time working on combos and hydroplanes with squirtle, and space with charizard, but have neglected training my ivysaur. Worry not though I will complete the training :laugh::laugh::laugh:.

Top Bottom