• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are you gonna main and why?

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
MasterChief. Because IMDB/Wikipedia/GFaqs just confirmed him!!!11111111111

Seriously? Look @ mah names.

Link + Snake = Main.

If in the unlikely event Snake sucks, he'll be replaced with Pit or MetaK. But even if Snake is in like OMFGUBERLOWTIER I'll still use him because, well. MGS is epic.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
I am maining Zelda.
Simply because she has a beautiful character design and uses magic.
I like me some magic users *o*

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
I plan on using Lucas as my main. He seems like a buffed version of Ness (SSB/SSBM main), and that's great for me! Plus I love Mother 3!

My secondary will probably be... Pit, maybe. I guess I need to play the game to figure that out. I want to see Geno in it, and if he is then I'll work to make him my secondary.

miller483

Smash Ace
MasterChief. Because IMDB/Wikipedia/GFaqs just confirmed him!!!11111111111

Seriously? Look @ mah names.

Link + Snake = Main.

If in the unlikely event Snake sucks, he'll be replaced with Pit or MetaK. But even if Snake is in like OMFGUBERLOWTIER I'll still use him because, well. MGS is epic.
I would have never guessed.... <__<

SpaceFox

Smash Rookie
I'll probably be maining Pit. I heard he's a pretty fast character with good combos.

Other than him, I'll end up maining either Sonic, Mario, or Lucario.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
So far there's not one new character i don't want to try so I'm going to have to hold off on whom I'm going to main with as i don't know yet i want to try all the new people out and then go from there.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
1. Link/Lucario (Depending on if Lucario makes it or not)
2. Falco/Wolf depending on who makes it
3. KING DEDEDE!!! (Such an awesome character. ^^)
4. Captain Falcon

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
Heres my list of mains, 1 is best, 5 is worst.

1. Sonic (ABSOLUTELY!)
2. Ice Climbers (I played Melee the other day, and they OWNED Master and Crazy hand. Thats why there my mains. Plus, there Side A and Up+Down A is awesome.)
3. Mario
4. Captian Olimar & Pikmin
5. Diddy Kong

Judgment Angel Zero

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure I'll have 1 main...I'll probably rely on the Random button. But when I feel like actually choosing, it'll be one of these:

King DeDeDe:
He's my favorite character in the game so far...And he's one of my favorite characters in any game.

Mario:
Mario is the man, and he was my main in Melee.

Kirby:
Huge Kirby fan.

Sonic:
I'm a huge Sonic fan.

Snake:
He's cool, and he looks like a balanced fighter. (Balanced and heavy are my preferred play styles)

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
*Points to sig*

Add in Olimar and we're good to go.

As for the why...

I play the characters I like/think will be fun to play, not the ones who are "top tier".

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
For now I say Zelda, though nothing is set in stone. I don't know how well I'll like the playstyles of existing characters, and furthermore I don't know for sure what surprise characters are in store. Link was my main in SSB, Zelda was my main in Melee (even though I began that game thinking Sheik would be my main), so it won't be outside of my realm to switch again. But for now, I'm counting on Zelda.

CreamPuffDoom

Smash Apprentice
Hmm ... the five main characters I will probably be playing with the most are the Kirby representatives, Peach and Sonic. I have a feeling though I will be playing with everyone this time round till I find who I will like.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Main: Pit

1st Reason: Angelic beings have always peaked my interest. I just wish that he was a Cheribum angel. They have 6 wings instead of just two.

2nd Reason: The Fallen Angel Pit is bad@ss. Nough said.

Mewruler

Smash Cadet
Luigi because he is the most fun to play with for me

Pit because he looks cool

Link because he was my 3rd main in melee and I have heard he has improved

Marcman2020

Smash Cadet
Out of the confirmed characters... most likely:
1. King Dedede
2. Mario
3. Ike

Might main:
1. Pokemon Trainer
2. Lip (If she makes it in)

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
Let the record show that I'm currently considering
Mario
Dedede
Pikmen and Olimar
Zelda(sans shiek)
and Lucas

Yo Mang

Smash Rookie
I'm going to stick with Peach and Lucas at first, as they're my Melee mains (or at least analogous to them":(" I miss Ness already) and I'm going to start experimenting with Pokemon trainer and maybe Pit or someone.

Anonymousity

Smash Cadet
Will be following in tradition from the first SSB, I'm going to main Yoshi for my 8th year now. :)

If Geno is in the game though, I will be very hard-pressed not to stop everything I'm doing and learn the **** out of him.

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
Sonic
Pokemon Trainer
Captain Olimar
Ike
Donkey Kong

I want to use Sonic because he's just auto-cool. Pokemon Trainer and Captain Olimar have some severe innovative content that I want to get my hands on right away. And Ike, according to his reviews, is slow. That's just cool.

GnooroopoftheGerudo

Smash Rookie
It's tough to say until I've played as all of them, but I don't plan on dropping Link as my main. He's my main in Melee, and my secondary is Ganondorf, then probably Luigi and Jigglypuff.

As far as new characters go, Wario seems just twisted enough that I'm going to try him first, but pokémon trainer has been growing on me (or rather, his pokémon have...not a big fan of the guy himself. Too generic). Diddy's pretty high on my list too...so we'll what happens, aye?

0ranger

Smash Cadet
Wind Waker Link

Young Link was my favorite character from Melee, even though he wasn't in a high tier; and Wind Waker is one of my favorite Zelda games. Plus, a cel-shaded character will look pretty cool next to everyone else.

I_R_Hungry

Smash Journeyman
Assuming no L-cancelling: Pikachu, Fox

Fox is my main in Melee so it's only natural I at least initially use him for Brawl. Pikachu looks solid overall.

If L-cancelling makes it into the final version of the game in one form or another, the above two plus Dedede. From impressions he sounds like Ganondorf with great recovery and a projectile.

Salamandra

Smash Rookie
Ike for my first main due to small similarities with Roy. Plus I like power characters.
Meta Knight for his speed based ways and to mix up my gameplay.
Olimar & Pikmin for their unique-ness and how fun they'll probably be to utilize.

darkknight07

Smash Rookie
i am gonna main mario as always, but for others pikachu, link and kirby
newcomers ill try meta knight diddy PT and sonic

Pkaz01

Smash Cadet
So far Olimar because I'm liking the way he plays. If I can hit and run i'll totally main him. I try that with yoshi currently but I think it would be better with olimar.

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
My mains out of the confirmed ones.

1.Metaknight
2.dedede
3.Sonic
4.Kirby
5.Snake or Mario

Top Bottom