• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are the smash brothers?

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
They don't mean brother like a real brother, they mean brother like the way black people use the word.

[/Zoolander]

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's NOT referring to Mario and Luigi...

It means like "Brothers in Arms"

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Basically since Iam black,I might know more about this than some.What they mean in the title man is a cult,or the brothahood.You know how we say "whats up my nigg@?"Thats usually meaning in terms of similarity,or something we have in common.

All 35 characters can Smash right? Even if they are smashing with just Jackie Chan type kicks,or using weapons,they all have to use some type of force to keep you from getting back from recovery,even if its not a Smash type techique.Not to forget the fact that no character in the game is named "Smash".So ya,its a hood thing,just Nintendo-fied if you will :laugh:

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
The correct answer:

Two twins who were sitting side by side in the backseat of a car, hands out the windows. The car went through a road construction zone, with concrete barriers on either side. The kids weren't paying attention and their arms hit the concrete barrier, and they lost there arms. The child sitting on the right (and lost his right arm) became traumatized and became ******** and obtained uncontrollable violent tendencies.

Hideously misfigured, and made fun of at school- they were homeschooled and so by definition had no friends. They managed to make crude figurines of their favorite Nintendo characters, and through the wonders of modern medication's side effects, thought they came to life to do battle.

The 'mentally able' child had lots of fun, but always got mad when the 'mentally handicapped' child would come in and in a violent outburst displace all of the crude figures. As a result of their and their arm's (and by extension -pun intended- their hand's) called eachother "Master Hand" and "Crazy Hand" as terms of endearment.

These two children, the owners of Master and Crazy hand are the 'Super Smash Brothers'

Close Thread.

BlargCow

Smash Journeyman
I think everyone asked this question when they first played the game.

chansen

Smash Lord
cuzz err body in the game has either a brother or a hetero-life partner. Like cfal and ganon. You seen falcons pink costume? Total flamer, fa sho. and what about marth and roy!? those guys are the biggest friggin homos in the game and one of them got top tier, i mean seriously sakurai, you one tough pickle. How bout zelda and samus now? hmm...they seem even more compatable to be batting for the other team. Plus they can transform and get freaky. thats always a plus. My fav matchup is obviously luigi and peach, luigis always like im blazed and ridiculously good at wavdashing. and he always breaks out the pimp slap on all ho's. then peach comes in and slaps that ho straight. and then he taunt spikes a doc, that was edge canceled. How bout dk and koopa? who do you think wheres the pants in that relationship, huh?

/way high

fuuzball317

Smash Apprentice
i love reading this thread and seeing the people who are actually serious and say stuff like, they meant fox and falco or mario and luigi. It's obv just a bull**** title to start a series of games and the word "smash" can associate with fighting, and prolly brothers cuz it was all nintendo characters at the time...

smashbot226

Smash Master
Or it could mean we smash your face in!

I kid.

I think it's only called Super Smash Brothers is because Nintendo is some sort of weird cult that considers all of their members brothers and sisters.

Seriously, though, I think they;re all some sort of genetically screwed up family.

Weed

Smash Lord
its obviously mario and luigi

they just replaced "mario" with "smash" and created a fighting game..

Chepe

Smash Lord
The "Bros" part is a nod to the Mario Bros, because of their game titles being almost synonymous to Nintendo, who most of the characters belong to.

But altogether the characters in the game can be called the Smash Brothers, theyre like a family in the game.

Top Bottom