• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who actually mains Kirby?

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
This thread has popped up in a few character specific boards, so I thought I'd bring it here.

Anyway, I main him. Link and C. Falcon are secondary.

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
I play him and G&W about the same amount and to about the same levels of success, so it could be said that he's my co-main. <3 Kirby longtime.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord

Samochan

Smash Master
Kirby main here. ^o^ Kirby is the king, though can't handle finnish tournaments, where those who could be beaten with kirby use marth and sheik. :/ Bah, so Peach has been my second main for a while in tournaments, but my love for kirby hasn't gone anywhere. ^^ Secondaries are Zelda, Doc and dorf. Still training my Luigi, Yoshi, Samus and y.link. >.>

Liveit_

Smash Apprentice
I main Kirby :)

My secondary is Peach, but I find it a bit annoying sometimes because she is so much more complicated than Kirby (probably because she's a girl xD).

custo

Smash Rookie
My main is kirby ever since I brought the game.Hopefully I can get better to face some kirby players on Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

WildStar

Smash Journeyman
One thing that I'm looking forward to in brawl is the way they're making Kirbs. From the look at the trailer it seems he might be good like he was in SSB64. Only one can hope.. theres hope for Kirby in the future.

Professor X

Smash Apprentice
I main Kirby exclusively.

And Wildstar, I'm calling you out. I just played at the tourney in your hometown and I didn't see anyone else playing as Kirby.

WildStar

Smash Journeyman
We did play, remember? They saved you by saying "Stop the match". I know I didn't play Kiryby.. that was my "I don't care what happens" day. I wanted to go home I had something else I had to attend to so I was hoping to get knocked out early.

jazblack009

Smash Ace
I main Kirby. Hes da best character in the game... i dont care what everyone else says lol.
Runt ftw!

oooh wildstar got busted :p
i'm going for best kirby in Oz lol (i'm the only one who uses him) so yeah i main him here
funnily enough... i'm nitro-blazers clone i also main link and falcon
Nitro have you tried Ylink? he's weaker and has less range but maaan, after playing link for so long, its like Ylinks on drugs or something, sexy WD aswell, i recommend it ;)

Professor X

Smash Apprentice
Wildstar, I didn't mean my post as offensive as it sounded. I'm sorry if it seemed as if I was attacking you. But all I remember you saying when we played was "I play some Kirby too." That ain't the same as bringing your Kirby to every tourney.

As for "saving me," I'd say that is a bit strong. I won the first match, and you won the second. And you were winning in the third, but I don't think it was by more than one stock. Which, against Kirby, means very little.

Are you coming to Devotion? Care for a Kirby ditto money match? Seeing as you main him and all.

WildStar

Smash Journeyman
I want to go to Devotion so bad, but nobody from here is going. Kiyo said he was planning on going but he has to work Sunday. If I could drive I would be there, but I'm not able to drive until March.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Nitro have you tried Ylink? he's weaker and has less range but maaan, after playing link for so long, its like Ylinks on drugs or something, sexy WD aswell, i recommend it ;)
I have, I can't play Y-Link. My opponent gets up to 200% + and I always have trouble killing.

With Kirby, I have the edgegaurd.

Samochan

Smash Master
I have, I can't play Y-Link. My opponent gets up to 200% + and I always have trouble killing.

With Kirby, I have the edgegaurd.
But Y.link is good with edgeguard too. Double nair/bair to nair works like a dream with his high jump and vertical recovery, not to mention dsmash and dtilt, projectiles, dash attack, anything. As for kills, uair, dair, dsmash and fsmash work very well. You just have to mindgame them into those, like z-bomb drop (no lag) to dair, ect. :3

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
But Y.link is good with edgeguard too. Double nair/bair to nair works like a dream with his high jump and vertical recovery, not to mention dsmash and dtilt, projectiles, dash attack, anything. As for kills, uair, dair, dsmash and fsmash work very well. You just have to mindgame them into those, like z-bomb drop (no lag) to dair, ect. :3
Yeah, but I think my main issue with Y. Link is, I used to Main link, so I try to play Y-Link in hte same fashion.

jazblack009

Smash Ace
hey nitro... you said you mained falcon...
i got utterly gayed by marth, now i play link, falcon and kirby, link is too slow, falcons recovery sucks so kirby acvtually won me most of my marth and peach matches in the tourny i went to :p
so how do you approach a good marth?

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
With Kirby? Mindgames lol.

With Falcon? Fake him out. Use your speed to your advantage,m and hope you can get through that range... I usually use Link / Marth against Marth, so...

jazblack009

Smash Ace
lol as wrong as this sounds... i like, can't use marth... it annoys me to the nth degree
i guess i'll just have to work on falcon more... which sucks cause i enjoy kirby so much :p

experiment111

Smash Journeyman
Kirby is my main. hes just teh best. my other mains wud have to be link and ganondorf. secondarys include samus mario and marth. But kirby pwns all

Demoyoshi

Smash Cadet
I main Yoshi, Kirby, Link, Mr. Game & Watch.

I love to make Combo whit Kirby because it is easy and useful.

Yoshi is my main since i loved the character at young age.

Mr. Game & Watch F air-Shuffle-L Cancel ftw.

If enemy is Marth, Sheik, Falcon or Peach my defensive char is Link.

clownrus

Smash Rookie
I love playing as kirby, but no I dont have him as my main, he is more like my second.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Is your name "Clown 'R Us" or "Clown Rus"? Or "C, Lown Rus"? Or shorthand for "Cloe Won Russia"?

I know I'd like to win Russia! That's quite a prize. What contest was this and when was it? Are there any more countries up for the taking? Hopefully it's a tropical place next... like Brazil! Those babes are hot with two "t"s... so hott! :upside-down !: Chicas esta muy picante!

(Too bad that's incorrect Spanish and they mainly speak Portuguese. :( )

clownrus

Smash Rookie
Is your name "Clown 'R Us" or "Clown Rus"? Or "C, Lown Rus"? Or shorthand for "Cloe Won Russia"?

I know I'd like to win Russia! That's quite a prize. What contest was this and when was it? Are there any more countries up for the taking? Hopefully it's a tropical place next... like Brazil! Those babes are hot with two "t"s... so hott! :upside-down !: Chicas esta muy picante!

(Too bad that's incorrect Spanish and they mainly speak Portuguese. :( )
It was supposed to be Clown 'R Us, back when I played runescape. Then I left it like this, and now I just keep this name in every thing I join online.

Ryuker Reo

Smash Apprentice
I mained Kirby before.
That is until I found out I was better with Samus.
I still love to use him though.
I really want to main him, but I'm just so much better with Samus.

Top Bottom