• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which would you prefer: lots of unlockable characters, or lots of unlockable stages?

PF9

Smash Lord
Alright, Ultimate had every stage available at the start but only 8 starter characters (the Original 8).

Some say that's a bad balance.

So I'm asking you this: Would you have preferred this, or a larger number of starter characters and some of the stages being unlockable (like in past games)? Consider the fact that unlock matches get more difficult as you unlock more characters.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Unlike characters, unlocking stages has always been a chore for me (Pac-Land in Smash 4, shudder), so Ultimate’s by a mile.

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I'd rather unlock characters than stages. Especially since in former games, to have Random Stage Select unlocked, you needed every stage. Perfectly happy having them all unlocked at first.

H0L0CENE

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5048-8462-1228
I'd much rather unlock characters than stages. Unlocking characters always feels special and gets me hyped to keep going. Unlocking stages doesn't matter a whole lot to me since I usually play on battlefield/omega forms anyway.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Characters. Unlocking characters is one of my favorite parts of a new smash game coming out

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Unlockable fighters, since you can play as them. Having all of he stages from the start is a blessing.

Top Bottom