• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Style do you Like the Most?

Which Style will you use?

• Fighter

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Swordsmith

Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Gunner

Votes: 25 37.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Fighter, Swordsmith, or Gunner?

I like far range combat so I'm going to use Gunner, which one will you pick?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm leaning towards gunner, but all 3 look fun as all get out.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I really don't know, haha, I'm split between the Brawler and the Swordsman. Gunner looks cool but didn't appeal to me as much as the other two.

I'll still be playing all three, though, whenever I get my hands on the game.

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
Swordsmith I'd definitely my favorite out of the three.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Fighter. As Doc Louis said, "The punch is mightier than the sword!"

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Gunner. Just Gunner ALL THE FREAKING WAY!!!
Why? Because he has freaking LaEZaHs!!! He also appears to have some close-range melee attacks. Just the way I like them. Lots of LaEZaHs and a few melee attacks to add extra possibilities and spice to their move-set.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I like them all. But I think I'll go for the Brawler. It's the simplest looking, but I think it's looking great.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
All of them are so good. My favorite is the swordfighter then the brawler, I've never been a projectile player but that doesn't mean the gunner is bad. I like the simplicity of the brawler and the creativity of the swordfighter. Either way my mii will be one of my most used characters

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I like Brawler. It astounds me how many time Sakurai can make a fist fighter moveste without them being the same.

Maikou

Smash Ace
They have lightsabers and possibly Katana as well as maybe a few other Sword-types. Instant fave. Though I'll definitely have fun with Gunner and Brawler too.

I intend to play EVERY character, except maybe a few, one in particular I will not name but will say is Yellow. And no, it's not Pikachu if anyone wants to jump to conclusions.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Never been a fan of Punching/Kicking. There's very few exceptions to that. FALCOWN PUNCH! They are looking to be the most fun punch/kick characters though.

Gunner has my interest, but ranged characters tend to be rather slow/clunky. But if they are mobile and ranged they are probably going to be my choice, even if they get sent off easily and do terrible damage. I do love arm cannons (blame Samus + Megaman), and well, hopefully they make more use of arm cannons than Samus did in the previous games. X_X

Going with Swords for now. I love swords more than arm cannons (blame Link + Meta Knight for that), for they are reliable, long range weapons. Though, they didn't seem to get much screentime compared to Brawlers + Gunners.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I'm curious as to why that is. I'd love to see more Swordfighter Gameplay. Honestly, I'm not completely sure exactly which of the three classes I like the most. Brawlers look really cool with their Kung-Fu and stuff, Swordfighters are quick and I love Swords in general, and the Gunners look super long ranged which helps avoid damage if your good at dodging when the others get up close.

Also, I believe the Mii's height and "weight" (Width: how thick or thin the character is) may play some factor as well: we see multiple different-sized Miis in there. I know Iwata and Reggie looked around the same in height and width, but that's because their real-life counterparts are that way in the first place.

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
Lasers make me positively giddy so I'm trying the gunner at the first possible chance. However, seeing as I prefer to space rather than zone, I would not be shocked if I dicthed them in favor of the Brawler. I actually like the Brawlers' style. Nobody in Smash has the whole "Kung-fu master' shtick.

Maikou

Smash Ace
~Everybody is Kung-Fu Fighting~ the mind becomes fast as lightning~ I'm sorry, I had to. one simply cannot mention Kung-Fu Masters around me without that song coming to mind. Though, like I said, I'm definitely gonna try them all out. To be honest, I'll probably switch between all three styles whenever my mood changes and I'm not busy Pikachu-ing through other things. I wonder if Miis are unavailable in Smash Run?

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
I'm honestly at a loss. I have no idea who I'd prefer.
There's reasons to like all three, but in classic geeky sense I have these doubts:
  • If I'm a gunner, how could I move about freely with that cannon arm?
  • If I'm a swordsman, how does that differentiate me from Link, Marth, Ike, or a potential Takamaru?
  • If I were fighting Nintendo's best, would I really want to fight without a weapon?
I'm going to have to try all three.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am always interested in zoners; so the Gunner Mii is my favorite. I also like its design the most. It just reminds me too much of Samus/Mega Man.

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
So, is spacing a tactic made for getting distance form the opponent or something? I don't really know a whole lot of "Competitive" terms, so sorry if I sound like an idiot around here.
if I'm not mistaken, spacing is controlling the distance between you and your opponent to create optimal situations

also, sorry for hijacking the conversation

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
So, is spacing a tactic made for getting distance form the opponent or something? I don't really know a whole lot of "Competitive" terms, so sorry if I sound like an idiot around here.
Spacing is just trying to be the optimal distance from you and the opponent. So when the opponent attacks and whiffs, you can punish them.

ThePlayer77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Defenceknight
3DS FC
0559-6785-8830
Brawler, looks like a slightly weaker Little Mac with some decent aerial attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom