• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which stage should I ban to avoid the worse counterpick?

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I can't decide which stage is worse for the ICs:

Rainbow Cruise or Norfair?

I've been counterpicked with both of these and they're both terrible. :(
But which one is the least terrible?

I checked the stage discussion thread and they're still discussing neutrals so they wouldn't get to these two for awhile. :dizzy:

My no-grab game is pretty solid, but I'm obviously still at a disadvantage with either counterpick.

What do you guys think?

smaci92

Smash Lord
I personally like norfair more

next time, try the Q&A thread...Hylian seems to be on a closing role lol, so he'll be looking out for threads like this :)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I personally like norfair more

next time, try the Q&A thread...Hylian seems to be on a closing role lol, so he'll be looking out for threads like this :)
Very good ^_^!

I'll leave this open though.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
norfair is good, but be sure to watchout for the lava/flames from the back. i like rainbow more, but they both aren't very good stages...

lain

Smash Master
i prefer rainbow simply because you can still dthrow cg... >< hahaha.

but that's why i play ddd

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I would prefer Norfair because all of it's platforms are flat dispite the lava problems. It also give you the option of which ledge to belay to without being edgehogged.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I'd prefer Norfair too, it has platforms, with the exception of the lava.
Rainbow Cruise is a no no, because you might get an SD easily; disappearing blocks and other objects that can make you fall and can't recover high enough.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Norfair>Rainbow cruise

Iceblock covers some ground if you use them from the top platform, think of the stage as a mountain for the opponent to climb, just make sure you take the % or stock lead fast, then desynched Iceblocks should work fine, if they try to approach you from direcly below, just dsmash and they will regret it (lol, IC´s dsmash on platforms works like peach's one in SSBM XD). Just learn to CG on platforms and you should probably be fine since every platform is small, it´s easier for the oppnent to do a spacing mistake and get grabbed.
Playing this stage against pit could be "lame" though, even though I´ve no real experience with it (one onlinematch on AiB ladder)

If you for some reason play marth, Rainbow cruise shouldn´t be a problem too...

Top Bottom