• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Sonic character deserves to be a second rep the most? (A Sonic general support threads.)

Which Sonic character deserves to be a second rep the most?

• Amy Rose

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Blaze the Cat

Votes: 11 5.3%
  • Dr. Eggman

Votes: 40 19.2%
  • Knuckles (R.I.P Assist Trophy)

Votes: 9 4.3%
  • Mighty the Armadillo

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Shadow the Hedgehog

Votes: 40 19.2%
  • Silver the Hedgehog

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miles 'Tails' Prower

Votes: 92 44.2%
  • Vector the Crocodile

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Big the Cat

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Metal Sonic

Votes: 6 2.9%

• Total voters

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Intro
Hello, I have seen more and more sonic reps getting attention and polls lately so I decided to make a thread on which Sonic rep the community deserves to be the second rep if Sonic ever got one. I have seen the Shadow and Tails threads gaining more and more support with new ones popping up for other sonic characters. So I decided to make a thread seeing all of the supports all in one place to see who deserves a spot the most. There is also a voting poll which everyone can vote on who they think deserves the second spot the most. The only rule is for a sonic rep to be in the poll the need to have a support thread made on Smash Boards.
AMY ROSE

Amy Rose, a hammer-wielding hedgehog who loves and adores sonic and would do what it takes to protect Sonic. She is the Peach of the Sonic franchise who can bring in more female representation to the Smash Bros series. Amy differently has love and support to carry her into being in Smash Bros if we ever got one. Plus, with her hammer would add a variety in gameplay that can bring a unique fresh breath to the smash bros franchise.

BIG THE CAT

Big the Cat one of the most unique choices on this list. Big loves Froggy and will do what it takes to make sure no one hurts him. Big would play as a heavyweight character and could use attacks based on a fishing pole, definitely a first for smash bros. Even though big is considered a meme he is still relevant in the Sonic spin-off games like the Sonic racer games. While he may not be everyones 1st choice for a 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th sonic rep he still brings that "what the" feel for the character that could be so off the walls it may actually work and be fun.

BLAZE THE CAT

Blaze the Cat - Help?

DR. EGGMAN

Dr. Eggman the main villain to the Sonic franchise and master of weapons and gadgets. Dr. Eggman can be represented in multiple different ways. He could make a cool and unique fighter and bring villains to the smash bros series. He could also be a stage boss or even a story mode boss. There are a variety of ways of how Eggman can be used. He can be just himself as a fighter with using different wheapons, or he could be like bowser jr. and have a vehical where he travels around in. Eaither way, Dr. Eggman has beem with Sonic since the begening and has much fan support to bring him in some form or the other.

KNUCKLES (R.I.P Assist Trophy)

Knuckles the Echidna who is part of the "classic three" has much fan support. His fighting style could relay on multiple punches with great knockback. He can also glide around which adds a new and unique recovery in the game. He may be an Assist Trophy in this game, but he could always be moved up in the next game or 2.... or 3.

METAL SONIC

Metal Sonic, the original Sonic echo. Metal Sonic was the original rival to sonic who has a lot of fan support to be the one who echos sonic if he ever got one. Metal Sonic could also be a good fit for a stage boss or story mode boss along with Dr, Eggman.

MIGHTY THE ARMADILLO

SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG

Shadow the Hedgehog Sonic's edgy rival who can do what sonic do but more. Shadow had the ability to harness the chaos emeralds and use chaos powers such as; Chaos Spear, Chaos Control, and Chaos Blast which allows him to differ from Sonic. However, his build and arguably one of the most popular Sonic characters in the Sonic franchise has great potential to be an echo fighter for Sonic. Excluding the guns (please let's put the guns in the past) Shadow could be a great echo with chaos control included in his animations for attacks. Shadow has a great chance as his Assist Trophies has not been seen yet and third parties can get echos now

SILVER THE HEDGEHOG

Silver the Hedgehog the one who gets memed on because of his debut game was Sonic 06. Excluding Sonic 06 Silver could actually bring in a cool and unique move style relying on telekinesis and psychic powers. Silver has great potential for a new fighter and the fandom for this character keeps growing and growing in popularity. Even though silver is looked down on out of the main hedgehog trio he could bring a lot as a fighter to the seires.

MILES 'TAILS' PROWER

Tails, Sonic's #2, the Luigi to the franchise would be a great candidate to the sonic franchise. Tails could bring a unique set of moves that can have him different from Sonic. With the power of flight and abilities using his Tails he could bring a new and interesting moveset to Smash Bros. Tails has enough support to bring him into the series and with him as a Mii Costume in Smash 4 the want for him is known so it is only a matter of time before he gets put into the game in some way.

VECTOR THE CROCODILE

RULES
Keep it, civil everyone. If you are here debating with another person on who is the best to be a second sonic rep no need to get all heated about it. Both of you WANT a SECOND Sonic rep. There are many people who believe Sonic should only get one rep. So let's stick together on this one and make sure we don't look toxic to the community.

Supporters for a second Sonic rep
Mastermiine​

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
I think Tails deserves it in my opinion. He's been Sonic's best friend/ally, Game 2 and onward. Him and Sonic are two peas and a pod. That, and I think Tails would have a more unique moveset than a few of the other potential choices.

But if it came down to personal preference, I'd be torn between Tails and Amy Rose. And I would also gladly welcome Shadow as an Echo fighter.

:131:

josh bones

Smash Lord
Shadow.

"He's only the second most popular character in the whole canon!"-Eggman, Sonic Boom.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Eggman deserves it more because he's been around with Sonic since the first game. If we go by who can be a good echo of Sonic then the list opens up to Tails, Shadow, Metal Sonic, and Mighty. I'm not sure if Sakurai currently has the Dev time to make Eggman fight in a mech and be fully unique unless he was a priority for the base roster. Eggman could also be a semi clone of Bowser Jr if Sakurai recycles Bowser Jr's custom moves from Smash 4. Or Eggman could end up as an Echo Fighter of Bowser Jr, he would just be a special case due to Eggman would be bigger obviously. If this happened I would bet Eggman would be the better character pick than Jr if we go by tier list seeing the heavies in this game look pretty buffed so far.

Tails would probably be the first choice due to being around longer than the rest of the choices, as well as Tails being the side kick type character to Sonic.

Shadow could be picked due to him being an assist trophy in past smash games and now that Sakurai introduced Echo Fighters he could choose a Sonic character that not only has a similar build and appearance to Sonic but Shadow most likely had the biggest Sonic rep votes on the past Ballot.

Metal Sonic could be an Echo of Sonic if Sakurai wanted a classic Sonic villain with easier time to develop in Ultimate. Of course his running animation would need to be changed, a similar case to Shadow's and Tails' should have a unique running animation.

Out of all of the choices above, my personal pic for a new Sonic character in Smash would be Mighty now that he's finally made his canon/official debut by Sega in a video game. If Sakurai wanted a new Sonic character in Smash and Sega decided it should be from a recent game in the market with great reception, then showing off Mighty in 3D along Sonic Mania content would be a good idea. Mighty would also be great as a different variety choice to Sonic because Mighty can be the heavy/stronger/slower version of him (around Mario's running speed perhaps?).

That's pretty much my opinion on how some of the Sonic choices could be in Ultimate. But if I wanted a Sega character from another game in Ultimate but has been in more Sonic games than it's own franchise I would choose NiGHTS in a heartbeat, which in the past NiGHTS' first game had the comparison to Sonic by being "Sonic in the air", which of course there's a lot more to the NiGHTS games than that. Unfortunately NiGHTS' only chance in Smash Ultimate would be as an Assist Trophy which would be cool with honestly.

Last edited:

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
I think Tails deserves it in my opinion. He's been Sonic's best friend/ally, Game 2 and onward. Him and Sonic are two peas and a pod. That, and I think Tails would have a more unique moveset than a few of the other potential choices.

But if it came down to personal preference, I'd be torn between Tails and Amy Rose. And I would also gladly welcome Shadow as an Echo fighter.

:131:
Shadow is my personal favorite choice. I wanted him in smash since brawl. Tails and Eggman would be awesome and have those 4 would really round up the Sonic reps in brawl. But yet having four sonic reps in brawl is a big no no. even though he is a 3rd party. Which is stupid in my opinion because if he was a Nintendo character people would be clamoring for more sonic characters. I feel he is a unique 3rd party though, Nintendo has so many exclusive sonic games and we have a Mario and Sonic series. He is enough of a nintendo character to me, but that is just me. Silver would be cool if we have Sonic and Shadow. It would be cool to see the trio in the game.
#HedgehogTrio:ultsonic:

Big the cat
I saw you added a support thread for him. I will add him to the main post shortly.

Shadow.

"He's only the second most popular character in the whole canon!"-Eggman, Sonic Boom.
Hahaha very true. Shadow is for sure my 1st pick. Tails and Eggman will be cool also. I would love to have them in the game. Wish we could get all four. Sadly there will be outrage. Eggman could be a cool representation in a boss battle mode also if we ever got one. I know if we had sonic and shadow in the game then part of me would really want silver in the game.
#HedgehogTrio::ultsonic:

Eggman deserves it more because he's been around with Sonic since the first game. If we go by who can be a good echo of Sonic then the list opens up to Tails, Shadow, Metal Sonic, and Mighty. I'm not sure if Sakurai currently has the Dev time to make Eggman fight in a mech and be fully unique unless he was a priority for the base roster. Eggman could also be a semi clone of Bowser Jr if Sakurai recycles Bowser Jr's custom moves from Smash 4. Or Eggman could end up as an Echo Fighter of Bowser Jr, he would just be a special case due to Eggman would be bigger obviously. If this happened I would bet Eggman would be the better character pick than Jr if we go by tier list seeing the heavies in this game look pretty buffed so far.

Tails would probably be the first choice due to being around longer than the rest of the choices, as well as Tails being the side kick type character to Sonic.

Shadow could be picked due to him being an assist trophy in past smash games and now that Sakurai introduced Echo Fighters he could choose a Sonic character that not only has a similar build and appearance to Sonic but Shadow most likely had the biggest Sonic rep votes on the past Ballot.

Metal Sonic could be an Echo of Sonic if Sakurai wanted a classic Sonic villain with easier time to develop in Ultimate. Of course his running animation would need to be changed, a similar case to Shadow's and Tails' should have a unique running animation.

Out of all of the choices above, my personal pic for a new Sonic character in Smash would be Mighty now that he's finally made his canon/official debut by Sega in a video game. If Sakurai wanted a new Sonic character in Smash and Sega decided it should be from a recent game in the market with great reception, then showing off Mighty in 3D along Sonic Mania content would be a good idea. Mighty would also be great as a different variety choice to Sonic because Mighty can be the heavy/stronger/slower version of him (around Mario's running speed perhaps?).

That's pretty much my opinion on how some of the Sonic choices could be in Ultimate. But if I wanted a Sega character from another game in Ultimate but has been in more Sonic games than it's own franchise I would choose NiGHTS in a heartbeat, which in the past NiGHTS' first game had the comparison to Sonic by being "Sonic in the air", which of course there's a lot more to the NiGHTS games than that. Unfortunately NiGHTS' only chance in Smash Ultimate would be as an Assist Trophy which would be cool with honestly.
Yeah, I feel Eggman, Tails, and Shadow are for sure the top three choices for what the fans are split on. I guess we will see who is the 2nd rep, if we even get a second rep. Who knows, we may even have three reps. Idk how the fandom would react to that though.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
It's a very close toss-up between Tails and Eggman. Both characters are extremely iconic to the series, gaming in general and I would even say pop culture as a whole. Both are incredibly recognizable and well loved. If I had to choose between the two, I would have to pick Tails as more deserving (even though Eggman is my boy) since he is really the next character anyone would think of when talking about Sonic.

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
#HedgehogTrio:ultsonic:
My rendition of #HedgehogTrio would be :ultsonic:
(Because Amy is indeed a Hedgehog)

My fave choice is between Amy and Blaze for different reasons. I like both of the character's abilities and I think they could both be cool characters. I like Amy as an under-suggested classic Sonic Character and I like Blaze as a character to represent Sonic Rush which I think is a pretty good game.

I really would like to see more Sonic Characters playable because I feel there could be fun things to do with them. I think i'd be cool to have more than one character representing a 3rd Party series, hence why I made a lot of Final Fantasy Character support threads.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Metal Sonic wasn’t in the poll, so I went with Tails.

Honestly if it’s a newcomer, I’d go Tails, knuckles, or Eggman.

But if it’s an echo, I’m all about metal for the spot. Go metal. He was the best part of Sonic 4.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Metal Sonic wasn’t in the poll, so I went with Tails.

Honestly if it’s a newcomer, I’d go Tails, knuckles, or Eggman.

But if it’s an echo, I’m all about metal for the spot. Go metal. He was the best part of Sonic 4.
Metal was not in the polls because no one made a support thread for him. If he gets a support thread I will add him to the poll.

It's a very close toss-up between Tails and Eggman. Both characters are extremely iconic to the series, gaming in general and I would even say pop culture as a whole. Both are incredibly recognizable and well loved. If I had to choose between the two, I would have to pick Tails as more deserving (even though Eggman is my boy) since he is really the next character anyone would think of when talking about Sonic.
I would be happy with either one. Tails and Eggman are iconic to sonic. While Shadow is my number one, I would be happy with those two also,

My fave choice is between Amy and Blaze for different reasons. I like both of the character's abilities and I think they could both be cool characters. I like Amy as an under-suggested classic Sonic Character and I like Blaze as a character to represent Sonic Rush which I think is a pretty good game.

I really would like to see more Sonic Characters playable because I feel there could be fun things to do with them. I think i'd be cool to have more than one character representing a 3rd Party series, hence why I made a lot of Final Fantasy Character support threads.
I always forget she is a Hedgehog. We just call her Amy and not Amy the Hedgehog vs Sonic/Shadow/Silver the Hedgehog.

Knuckles deserves it most, but Shadow is more likely because echo.
R.I.P assist trophy. Hahah

StormC

Smash Hero
I really don't see an argument for anyone besides Tails and Eggman.

Tails is Player Two, Eggman is the main villain and has been in practically every Sonic game since the very first one.

I'd go with Eggman because of seniority and bigger moveset potential, but there is definitely an argument to be made for Tails.

I have no idea why anyone would think someone like Knuckles or Shadow would supersede either of these two.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
I really don't see an argument for anyone besides Tails and Eggman.

Tails is Player Two, Eggman is the main villain and has been in practically every Sonic game since the very first one.

I'd go with Eggman because of seniority and bigger moveset potential, but there is definitely an argument to be made for Tails.

I have no idea why anyone would think someone like Knuckles or Shadow would supersede either of these two.
Shadow is really popular within the Sonic community. I would not be surprised if he was the most popular sonic character in the ballot.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
No Cream the Rabbit option? :psycho:

Really though there are so many good choices to pick from! Shadow, Metal Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Eggman, or Amy, any of them would be a fine choice~

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
No Cream the Rabbit option? :psycho:

Really though there are so many good choices to pick from! Shadow, Metal Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Eggman, or Amy, any of them would be a fine choice~
Is there a cream the rabbit support thread I may have missed?

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Rouge The Bat! Ya I know she is a bit ugh "mature" orientated of the cast, but she is the only female in the series that actually demanded some respect. Note that this is in comparison to Cream, Maria, and Amy who are all more girly victims or annoyances than women who can stand toe to toe with the males. I liked her double agent role in SA2 and how in the end she was mostly out for herself and not either side.

Seriously though, I'd go with Tails followed by Shadow. Knuckles or Eggman would be next after that, but Knuckles is already out of the running and Eggman is better suited as a boss. I think Shadow has good chances though due to his echo possibility and his popularity. Tails however has been around for a longer time and is very iconic.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
No I don't think so.. that character is only mildly popular. I think she has more of a following than Silver or Vector/Espio, etc. though. You pretty much named all the popular ones~
Well, I only added characters that had a support thread. So if you made a cream the rabbit support thread Will add her to the poll. XD

Did you make that Amy stock icon? If so do you mind making me one for silver? I would really appreciate it.

Rouge The Bat! Ya I know she is a bit ugh "mature" orientated of the cast, but she is the only female in the series that actually demanded some respect. Note that this is in comparison to Cream, Maria, and Amy who are all more girly victims or annoyances than women who can stand toe to toe with the males. I liked her double agent role in SA2 and how in the end she was mostly out for herself and not either side.

Seriously though, I'd go with Tails followed by Shadow. Knuckles or Eggman would be next after that, but Knuckles is already out of the running and Eggman is better suited as a boss. I think Shadow has good chances though due to his echo possibility and his popularity. Tails however has been around for a longer time and is very iconic.
I feel like Rouge is so obscure. A Non-Sonic fan would be like who?

Whereas Tails, Eggman, and Shadow have outside recognition. I can support her being a sticker or something.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Well, I only added characters that had a support thread. So if you made a cream the rabbit support thread Will add her to the poll. XD
Nah I'm not that big of a fan of her, my top 5 should be in my sig.
Honestly I can't decide on a single solid 2nd Sonic rep, all of the ones I mentioned before would be great choices by me~

Last edited:

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Nah I'm not that big of a fan of her, my top 5 should be in my sig.
Honestly I can't decide on a single solid 2nd Sonic rep, all of the ones I mentioned before would be great choices by me~
Your sig is actually not showing up for me.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Tails is probably the best option, considering that he has been Sonic's partner since Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Shadow is really popular within the Sonic community. I would not be surprised if he was the most popular sonic character in the ballot.
I don't think so because Shadow was an AT, and stood little to no chance of actually getting in.

In terms of the second Sonic character, I believe that it is between Blaze and Amy at this point. In terms of the other big name Sonic characters, Knuckles is an AT, Tails is in the background on a stage, Shadow may be an AT again, and Eggman isn't really interesting with Bowser Jr. doing what he can do and he's more fitting as a boss.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Shadow, as an echo.
I'm generally not a fan of third party series receiving more than one character. At its core, Smash is a series celebrating Nintendo. Guest characters are cool, but I feel like one guest per series is good enough.

Echo characters on the other hand are fine. Wouldn't mind seeing Shadow, Ken, Mrs. Pac-Man, etc.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
I don't think so because Shadow was an AT, and stood little to no chance of actually getting in.

In terms of the second Sonic character, I believe that it is between Blaze and Amy at this point. In terms of the other big name Sonic characters, Knuckles is an AT, Tails is in the background on a stage, Shadow may be an AT again, and Eggman isn't really interesting with Bowser Jr. doing what he can do and he's more fitting as a boss.
With all due respect how does Amy and Blaze have more of a chance over Shadow, Tails, Eggman and even Knuckles (he is the new assist.)?

Shadow was so popular after SA2 they brought him back to life for his own game. Forces has Episode Shadow. Team Sonic Racing has both Sonic and Shadow in the trailer. Shadow also has Echo potential.

As for Tails, Toon Link is on spirit tracks and h is playable.

Then we have Dr.Eggman is the main villain of the series which puts him higher then Amy and Blaze.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Blaze, Mighty, Silver and Vector are never going to happen. They are all secondary characters (or worse in Mighty's case) who don't really make sense to pick before the more iconic cast members.
Big has a chance but only a slim one. He's the troll pick, iconic for no reason other than how out there his gameplay was compared to the rest of his game.
Metal Sonic is slightly better but he won't be a character. He's too obvious a clone to be anything more than an echo. And his sole characterisation is being built to be Sonic's rival.
Eggman is probably the second most major character in the series but he has next to no moveset potential. I refuse to vote for a vehicle but, given that the clown kart got a roster spot, he's certainly possible.
Amy is annoying and defined entirely by her relationship to Sonic but she is a prominent character.
Tails is also largely defined by his sidekick role but he at least has his own, well defined, fluid motion and invention based moveset. I could see him getting a spot.
But Shadow, despite being designed purely as another rival character, has completely transcended any relationship to Sonic. He's the posterchild of adolescent edginess and the only Sonic character to warrant their own spin off game. He's who my money's on.

Last edited:

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Sonic Moc up.png

I am not the best at Microsoft paint 3d and its really hard for me to use but this is the best I could do. Thoughts?

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Blaze, Mighty, Silver and Vector are never going to happen. They are all secondary characters (or worse in Mighty's case) who don't really make sense to pick before the more iconic cast members.
Big has a chance but only a slim one. He's the troll pick, iconic for no reason other than how out there his gameplay was compared to the rest of his game.
Metal Sonic is slightly better but he won't be a character. He's too obvious a clone to be anything more than an echo. And his sole characterisation is being built to be Sonic's rival.
Eggman is probably the second most major character in the series but he has next to no moveset potential. I refuse to vote for a vehicle but, given that the clown kart got a roster spot, he's certainly possible.
Amy is annoying and defined entirely by her relationship to Sonic but she is a prominent character.
Tails is also largely defined by his sidekick role but he at least has his own, well defined, fluid motion and invention based moveset. I could see him getting a spot.
But Shadow, despite being designed purely as another rival character, has completely transcended any relationship to Sonic. He's the posterchild of adolescent edginess and the only Sonic character to warrant their own spin off game. He's who my money's on.
Big has zero chances as a newcomer, and there's no such thing as a troll pick character (not even Waluigi would be one). Also making the argument that a character is unlikely because of next to or no move set potential is flawed and outdated because Sakurai has proved otherwise with every smash game that any character can have a unique move set and play style. For Metal Sonic's case just because Metal Sonic has potential to be an Echo Fighter doesn't mean it cuts is chances as a new fighter (clone/semi/unique). He's not as popular as Shadow but he certainly has more history and relevance than him. Plus Metal Sonic returns as a villain in Sonic Mania & Plus, two games with better reception than Sonic Forces (which Shadow and Metal Sonic were in), as well as Shadow's spin off game.

Another thing is you've mentioned that Shadow was only Sonic character to get a spin off game but left out the fact that Tails, Knuckles, and Eggman had spin off games way before Shadow's creation was even a thought.

With all this said I do believe that out of the Sonic characters mentioned in this thread I believe Sakurai would choose Shadow, but it's a 50/50 choice. Just because Shadow has popularity and was an Assist Trophy for 2 games doesn't mean he won't be one Ultimate regardless of the introduction of Echo Fighters.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Now we know 3rd party can get a second rep. Hop on the Sonic 2nd Rep train!

thespoiler

Smash Cadet
I personally would love to see tails as an echo, and Eggman as an entirely new character. The possibilities and creativity are near limitless for him. He could play similar to Bowser JR, or he could even take advatage of transformations in a unique way, swapping from different machines to fit the situation. I think the chances of this happening are slim, but havin a villain would round out the representation. And plus, Sonic is a huge franchise from the past that deserves it.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Big has zero chances as a newcomer, and there's no such thing as a troll pick character (not even Waluigi would be one). Also making the argument that a character is unlikely because of next to or no move set potential is flawed and outdated because Sakurai has proved otherwise with every smash game that any character can have a unique move set and play style. For Metal Sonic's case just because Metal Sonic has potential to be an Echo Fighter doesn't mean it cuts is chances as a new fighter (clone/semi/unique). He's not as popular as Shadow but he certainly has more history and relevance than him. Plus Metal Sonic returns as a villain in Sonic Mania & Plus, two games with better reception than Sonic Forces (which Shadow and Metal Sonic were in), as well as Shadow's spin off game.

Another thing is you've mentioned that Shadow was only Sonic character to get a spin off game but left out the fact that Tails, Knuckles, and Eggman had spin off games way before Shadow's creation was even a thought.

With all this said I do believe that out of the Sonic characters mentioned in this thread I believe Sakurai would choose Shadow, but it's a 50/50 choice. Just because Shadow has popularity and was an Assist Trophy for 2 games doesn't mean he won't be one Ultimate regardless of the introduction of Echo Fighters.
Just because Smash never hard a character who was designed from the start to be a joke/troll character in Smash, doesn’t mean there can’t be one, get your head out of your ass man. Like enough of this there is no such thing as this and that so on and so forth.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
My vote goes to Shadow. Tails has always been kinda boring to me though I do like his design.

Top Bottom