• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Ryu color will you use?

NNID
Majorasmask66
Which color do you plan on using most for Ryu? I'm personally thinking either his default color or his orange color.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
It looks like the pink one is Dan's color, so I'll probably go with that. If it isn't, I'll just stick with default.

D

Deleted member

I'm planning to use colors 1 and 3 and then 4 so that I can run around with an Almost-Goku tag.

Default, white and red is my favourite colour combination

Really disappointed there is only one skin with the headband and glove colours matching.

Last edited:

Agro_98

Smash Cadet
NNID
leafsfan98
The second Ryu colour is my favourite, I also really like the 6th colour. I was hoping for a Ken alt but these are still great

Shinji Mimura

Smash Rookie
His colors being SF2-inspired definitely makes sense. Color 3 reminds me of Alpha, so I'll likely go for that.

Sucks there's no CVS2/USF4 Evil Ryu/Akuma/Ken/Dan/Gouken swaps. Yellow being slightly Sean-ish is all we can get :|

AgentHX

Smash Cadet
NNID
HotShotHunter
Sad there's no Ken colored alt, but they do look pretty cool. I'll use default, white, gray, or black most often I bet.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
In order:

1. Oddly enough the Gray palette (the 1 after his default, is starting to grow on me really quickly, similar to how Lucario's green alt was before I swapped to his black alt)

2. Black palette, shame it's not based on Akuma or Evil Ryu.

3. Lime Green palette I might give a try (no one took it and it's my most used pallete, next to the gray alt)

4. Red pallete, like the Black 1 before it it's not based on Ken's red gi, it looks a little more closer to the joke Dan Hibiki's pink gi.

5. Orange palette, and someone took the Goku joke already.

Last edited:

Reidlos Toof

Foot Dive!
The lack of a Ken color makes me wonder if they are considering making him a character as well. Seems like a pretty obvious color choice.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Green/Yellow Sprite Ryu. I would've chosen a pink Dan Gi but...I can't have nice things..

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Probably Yellow/Black. That's the closest I can get to Ibuki, who is my favorite character in Street Fighter.

dav3yb

Smash Journeyman
His colors being SF2-inspired definitely makes sense. Color 3 reminds me of Alpha, so I'll likely go for that.

Sucks there's no CVS2/USF4 Evil Ryu/Akuma/Ken/Dan/Gouken swaps. Yellow being slightly Sean-ish is all we can get :|
Color 3 is SUPPOSED to remind you of SF2 Vanilla/Hyper Fighting

But i wont complain much, Alpha was supposed to be a prequel game to SF2, so it makes sense.

taoxadasa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
taoxadasa
3DS FC
2251-5157-5936
Man, they all look great, I dunno if I even have a favorite. I'll definitely use all of them.

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
All of them of course.

"Using no way as a way, having no limitation as limitation" - Bruce Lee

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Orange Ryu and Lime Ryu for me.

Thank goodness Ryu finally decided to bring back his brighter-colored gi to his fights. He's been such a fuddy-duddy lately. :troll:

Last edited:

Bullys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bullys23
Tough, likely default but depends if any really strike me once I see them in action.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm a bit sad there's no Ken recolor, Ken is one of my favorite video game characters ever. Not that Ryu is far behind.

I'll probably use Original, Greenish and Blue. And I'll be using them ALOT.

Top Bottom