• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which player will have the most potential?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Nobody needs to be removed (well maybe Lucas he is useless.)

+King K. Rool
+Isaac
+Krystal
+Knuckles (**** Shadow.)
+Waluigi

Why do ppl think Diddy will be removed? That's like saying Luigi will get removed but worse since the DK series only has 2 reps atm while Mario has 4 and 2 that I still count as Mario franchise despite the icons (Yoshi and Wario)

ellelaby's younger brother

Smash Apprentice
If there ever is a Smash 4, I cant see many characters from Brawl not being in it.

Id like to see the removal of Toon Link, Wolf, Lucas, Falco, and Ganondorf

But that would NEVER happen

Ganondorf for sure, he should have never been in the game. Nor should wolf, he was uneeded.

I thought TL was good though, good replacement of Young Link. Possibly the removal of Zelda/Sheik? Lucario and maybe Bowser too...

iLike2EatPiez

Smash Rookie
Why the heck wound Ganondorf be out? That's like saying they'd remove Bowser; Ganondorf's the main villain of Zelda games, and there's no one to truly replace him there. If they do anything to him, it would be a change of his moveset, as they could do a lot better with that (sword, anyone?). Sure, to most people he sucks, but all Nintendo cares for is the fact that he's one of the most important characters in his series. As far as they're likely concerned, he deserves to stay.

I could see Toon Link going as soon as they stop using him for games, which I thought had already happened just before Phantom Hourglass. He's really not that important to Zelda as a series, just a different animation style used to give the game a different look. But I could be wrong.

As for Pokemon, Lucario will be replaced. By the time a new SSB comes out (if a new SSB comes out), no one will care to remember Lucario anymore (he's not even legendary). There'll probably be another new-gen Pokemon that's bursting with popularity, and it'll be in. If not, Lucario might be safe.

Jigglypuff just seems like a cut waiting to happen. The thing was only popular during the early days, and by now when you think of the word "Pokemon", Jigglypuff isn't usually the first thing that comes to mind. She's cute, and she has an original moveset, but she's really not very popular any more.

As for who gets in, there's a ton of possibilities. Sonic and Snake showed us that we really can't know what to expect, and that might be a good thing or a bad thing. I can guess that if Sonic gets in again, then at least either Tails or Shadow is going with him (or both). Otherwise, almost anthing could happen.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
All I wish for is for donkey kong to get more representatives, I wouldn't mind Playing
King K.Rool (I think it would be him, as thats the most recognised K.Rool in my book(also, everyone complains that there not enough villains in the Smash bros series)
Dixie Kong (first of all, She could have a completly different moveset from Diddy Kong)

And for another representative for sonic would be Dr.Robotnik, and I think this moveset would be good for him, besides people want more villains, so.....
(many people think he should be a Boss, but people also want more villains!)
A: a standard punch (3%)
A, A: and standard kick
Forward tilt: a back hand, 9%, low knockback, used to set up a grab
Forward Smash: he lunges forward with a fist, and a buzz bomber attacks by moving forwards fast (23% highest, mid-high knockback at highest
Down Tilt: he does that downwards slap like he did in the SA2B in the chao garden (8% low knockback)
Down smash: He kicks hard into the ground, anyone in its hit box will be buried (17%, gets buried)
Up tilt: an upwards clap, combo starter (10% mid-low knockback)
Up smash: two Buzz Bombers come to both sides of Robotnik and goes upwards (20% Mid-high knockback)

Dash Attack: he does a the kick he does in SA2B in the chao garden

Grab: he holds the enemy by the neck
Grab attack: he squeezes the opponent’s neck
Grab forwards: a standard push!
Grab downwards: he sweeps the opponent and slams the enemy with two hands on their legs to the ground
Grab backwards: a throw similar to DKs
Grab upwards: same as downwards, but upwards

Nair: similar to king dededes
Fair: meteor smash, he uses a motor bug and slams it in-front of him
Bair: turns around with coconuts holding a bomb, lag after the move would be great, but the rewards is great (18%, high-high knockback)
Dair: points that walking spike thing downwards(it’s a meteor smash, 15%)
Uair: claps upwards, similar to wario

Standard B: Robotnik first pulls out a Robotnik face box, and then he pulls out
Randomly
A sword(able to do 2 attacks and does 15% and sends the opponent
Up-wards, mid-high knockback)
A Pistol (12 bullets, all do 1% and no Knockback)
A Bazooka (3 Bullets, each do 24%-27%, and high knockback, sending
Them Upwards)
Up B: Clings on to 2 Buzz Bombers for a maximum of 3 seconds

Side B: Coconut bomb, he throws it underarm, and it doesn’t bounce, does 17% hit in
Perfect position, takes time to blow up and the knockback is relatively high!

Down B: He climbs into the Egg mobile from Sonic adventure 2, a totally different
Character with a different moveset(not doing that one)

Whew, anyway I think Dr.Robotnik would have his own stage which would consists of all of the most memorable boss fights, like the drill tank for example(Metal sonic would control the machine), and every boss area last for 20 seconds (a simular effect to warioware) .

If anyone would be getting the cut, it would be Falco, R.O.B is unique and should stay, just like mr Game and watch! other than that the current Roster is absolutly fine in my Humble Opinion, also Kirby should have more stages dedicated to the series!

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
I'll be very surprised if neither Isaac, Saki, Lyn or Shadow get in.
Also, a Final Fantasy character (from 1 to 6, obviously), like Terra, Cecil or the Black Mage would be good. The franchise is more than successful enough, and the DS remakes of 3 and 4 make me more hopeful that Nintendo and Square will like each other again by then.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
And for another representative for sonic would be Dr.Robotnik, and I think this moveset would be good for him, besides people want more villains, so.....
(many people think he should be a Boss, but people also want more villains!)
A: a standard punch (3%)
A, A: and standard kick
Forward tilt: a back hand, 9%, low knockback, used to set up a grab
Forward Smash: he lunges forward with a fist, and a buzz bomber attacks by moving forwards fast (23% highest, mid-high knockback at highest
Down Tilt: he does that downwards slap like he did in the SA2B in the chao garden (8% low knockback)
Down smash: He kicks hard into the ground, anyone in its hit box will be buried (17%, gets buried)
Up tilt: an upwards clap, combo starter (10% mid-low knockback)
Up smash: two Buzz Bombers come to both sides of Robotnik and goes upwards (20% Mid-high knockback)

Dash Attack: he does a the kick he does in SA2B in the chao garden

Grab: he holds the enemy by the neck
Grab attack: he squeezes the opponent’s neck
Grab forwards: a standard push!
Grab downwards: he sweeps the opponent and slams the enemy with two hands on their legs to the ground
Grab backwards: a throw similar to DKs
Grab upwards: same as downwards, but upwards

Nair: similar to king dededes
Fair: meteor smash, he uses a motor bug and slams it in-front of him
Bair: turns around with coconuts holding a bomb, lag after the move would be great, but the rewards is great (18%, high-high knockback)
Dair: points that walking spike thing downwards(it’s a meteor smash, 15%)
Uair: claps upwards, similar to wario

Standard B: Robotnik first pulls out a Robotnik face box, and then he pulls out
Randomly
A sword(able to do 2 attacks and does 15% and sends the opponent
Up-wards, mid-high knockback)
A Pistol (12 bullets, all do 1% and no Knockback)
A Bazooka (3 Bullets, each do 24%-27%, and high knockback, sending
Them Upwards)
Up B: Clings on to 2 Buzz Bombers for a maximum of 3 seconds

Side B: Coconut bomb, he throws it underarm, and it doesn’t bounce, does 17% hit in
Perfect position, takes time to blow up and the knockback is relatively high!

Down B: He climbs into the Egg mobile from Sonic adventure 2, a totally different
Character with a different moveset(not doing that one)

Whew, anyway I think Dr.Robotnik would have his own stage which would consists of all of the most memorable boss fights, like the drill tank for example(Metal sonic would control the machine), and every boss area last for 20 seconds (a simular effect to warioware) .
I dont mean to sound like a complete ****, but this would be terrible. The Sonic series should have 1 representative, thats it. No more. And besides, even if the Sonic series absolutely had to have another rep, it would never be Robotnik, it would be either Tails or Knuckles.

I am completely against any character who has never been playable in any game before, being playable in Smash Bros. For example, Ganondorf (I think, not 100% sure). I hate the fact that Ganondorf was even considered. And also Zelda/Sheik? I dont think she was ever playable either. Im sure there are more as well.

And Im also against characters that have been playable in previous games, but only to a very small degree. None of the Pokemon characters have ever really been playable to a high degree, as in the Pokemon games you dont take the role of the Pokemon itself. I agree it needed representation, but nowhere near the amount its got. Pikachu would have been enough. Im also against Bowser, he was playable in what, 1 game before Melee? And that was a game where the character you chose made absolute **** all difference to the gameplay. I could go on, but on this basis half of the characters in the game wouldnt be there. I suppose Nintendo had to scrape around a little bit.

I just went way off topic :ohwell:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Yoshi and CF are looking kinda lonely
I've been thinking about this for awhile and I think for a perfect WTF fighter they should add the Stork as a playable character in the next game, you know the bird that carries baby mario.

The Stork could have glide/swoop capabilities where he could swoop down on characters and pierce them with his sharp beak.

L ryusaki

Smash Apprentice
I dont mean to sound like a complete ****, but this would be terrible. The Sonic series should have 1 representative, thats it. No more. And besides, even if the Sonic series absolutely had to have another rep, it would never be Robotnik, it would be either Tails or Knuckles.

I am completely against any character who has never been playable in any game before, being playable in Smash Bros. For example, Ganondorf (I think, not 100% sure). I hate the fact that Ganondorf was even considered. And also Zelda/Sheik? I dont think she was ever playable either. Im sure there are more as well.

And Im also against characters that have been playable in previous games, but only to a very small degree. None of the Pokemon characters have ever really been playable to a high degree, as in the Pokemon games you dont take the role of the Pokemon itself. I agree it needed representation, but nowhere near the amount its got. Pikachu would have been enough. Im also against Bowser, he was playable in what, 1 game before Melee? And that was a game where the character you chose made absolute **** all difference to the gameplay. I could go on, but on this basis half of the characters in the game wouldnt be there. I suppose Nintendo had to scrape around a little bit.

I just went way off topic :ohwell:

Um how about shadow and they wont get rid of Bowser, Zelda/shiek, any of the pokemon unless lucario

stop trolling

FootFace

Smash Apprentice
I'll be very surprised if neither Isaac, Saki, Lyn or Shadow get in.
Also, a Final Fantasy character (from 1 to 6, obviously), like Terra, Cecil or the Black Mage would be good. The franchise is more than successful enough, and the DS remakes of 3 and 4 make me more hopeful that Nintendo and Square will like each other again by then.
Issac, I feel, is assured, just for the fact he is one of Nintendos well-know characters
Shadow won't get in if Sonic doesn't get re-added(Duh)
and the Final Fantasy Character is a good Idea,
its just who to add? The only person I would think could be added as a standalone character would be Cloud, but that would be just as smart as adding Master Chief. (Sarcasm) :dizzy:

I honestly really want Paper Mario in the next game tho,
with maybe a Rawk Hawk Assist Trophy. anyone?

ACSephiroth

Smash Rookie
Issac, I feel, is assured, just for the fact he is one of Nintendos well-know characters
Shadow won't get in if Sonic doesn't get re-added(Duh)
and the Final Fantasy Character is a good Idea,
its just who to add? The only person I would think could be added as a standalone character would be Cloud, but that would be just as smart as adding Master Chief. (Sarcasm) :dizzy:

I honestly really want Paper Mario in the next game tho,
with maybe a Rawk Hawk Assist Trophy. anyone?
Heh, I can imagine Cloud being a complete clone of Ike :chuckle:

templar rage

Smash Cadet
Why the heck wound Ganondorf be out? That's like saying they'd remove Bowser; Ganondorf's the main villain of Zelda games, and there's no one to truly replace him there. If they do anything to him, it would be a change of his moveset, as they could do a lot better with that (sword, anyone?). Sure, to most people he sucks, but all Nintendo cares for is the fact that he's one of the most important characters in his series. As far as they're likely concerned, he deserves to stay.

I could see Toon Link going as soon as they stop using him for games, which I thought had already happened just before Phantom Hourglass. He's really not that important to Zelda as a series, just a different animation style used to give the game a different look. But I could be wrong.

As for Pokemon, Lucario will be replaced. By the time a new SSB comes out (if a new SSB comes out), no one will care to remember Lucario anymore (he's not even legendary). There'll probably be another new-gen Pokemon that's bursting with popularity, and it'll be in. If not, Lucario might be safe.

Jigglypuff just seems like a cut waiting to happen. The thing was only popular during the early days, and by now when you think of the word "Pokemon", Jigglypuff isn't usually the first thing that comes to mind. She's cute, and she has an original moveset, but she's really not very popular any more.

As for who gets in, there's a ton of possibilities. Sonic and Snake showed us that we really can't know what to expect, and that might be a good thing or a bad thing. I can guess that if Sonic gets in again, then at least either Tails or Shadow is going with him (or both). Otherwise, almost anthing could happen.

I agree that Ganon will not get cut because he is definitely essential to the Zelda series. Toon Link could get kicked for another Link wannabe, though I don't know if there are anymore. I don't think Lucario will get the Mewtwo treatment because many more people like him, and that should be enough. Jiggs is up in the air, but may win out just from being a true veteran. ROB and Snake should be booted, IMO. ROB seems like an afterthought to me and Snake is too real-world for Smash.

As for people getting in, I would like to see a Shadow to complement Sonic. I want to see someone from Final Fantasy, preferably Cloud. Or even Sora/Riku from Kingdom Hearts.

Addressing the Fire Emblem thing, I think they should drop Ike and replace him with Sothe. Or keep Ike and throw Sothe in instead of someone else, like Snake. Sothe would be a speed complement to Ike's power. Plus the fact that Sothe worships Ike, its a match made in heaven.

The only character who does not have to worry about being kicked is Mario, duh.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I know for sure that Snake and Sonic won't return. Guest characters usually stay for one game and then disappear.

Pit: He will stay since Kid Icarus is one of the most remembered and cherished games of the NES era.

Ice Climbers: They will stay for pretty much the same reason (although, I thought their game sucked).

Ike: He could be booted but then again, he's the second most recurring lord after Marth so he may return.

Zero Suit Samus: She isn't going anywhere, guaranteed. She's always been a part of Samus anyway.

Pokemon Trainer: is 50/50 and I doubt he will have new Pokemon other than evolutions/devolutions of what he has.

Lucas :If there is another Mother game, it's goodbye to Lucas. It's different with Ness since he has worldwide publicity and is considered a classic character to this day.

Olimar: might return since Pikmin was popular and innovative back in the GCN days.

Ganondorf: Some people in this thread say Ganondorf will be booted but that's not gonna happen. He is the main villain (whether as Ganon or his human form) of Zelda series and represents the Triforce of Power. In other words, he's an IMPORTANT character.

Toon Link: He can be replaced with another version of Young Link (if there is one in the future) or just will have his moveset modified further.

Sheik: She could be replaced by another form that Zelda could have in the future but that's doubtful.

Jigglypuff: The second most known Pokemon after Pikachu. She's not leaving whether you hate her or not.

Falco: Not going anywhere. He's more important than Wolf or Krystal and could easily have be a star in his own game.

Wolf: Could be replaced with Krystal but I doubt it. He's been around when the Star Fox franchise was at its peak and still appears in the later games. Krystal only appeared when the series was dying out.

ROB: He is a classic character and might make it again but it seems that he's there only for Subspace Emissary. I could picture him absent in SSB4.

Mr. Game and Watch: He's gonna stay. Game and Watch is a videogame icon now.

Lucario: Yeah he's cool and all but I don't think he's gonna last long. Only a few Pokemon remain popular for all-time and I do not think Lucario is one of them. But who knows?

Who could be added in the future?

-Isaac
-Lip (I doubt the Puzzle series is gonna die out anytime soon)
-The newest lord in Fire Emblem
-Saki
-Lyn (maybe)
-Waluigi (if he has a better role besides existing in party games)
-Dixie Kong
-Balloon Fighter

That's all for now.

6footninja

Smash Ace
Tay zonday......
and cloud would be a complete clone of ike
I dont know if rob is gonna stay in he isnt one of the best players
Best player? Players are the people who hold the controller. Players are what makes or breaks a character. Don't be doin no nerf rage on us.

Superperson

Smash Rookie
IDK if this has been mentioned before, but rumor has it Megaman and all other Capcom characters were omitted because Nintendo was pissed Capcom took RE4 exclusivity away from the Gamecube.

I would like to see:

Pokemon Rival/Other Pokemon Trainer: Same as PT, but with totally different Pokemon with different attacks.
9 Volt (Warioware): All his attacks can involve classic Nintendo. Say, whacking them over the head with an old-school NES controller, or throwing a disc at them.
I would love to see Knuckles or Tails sneak in there.

L ryusaki

Smash Apprentice
IDK if this has been mentioned before, but rumor has it Megaman and all other Capcom characters were omitted because Nintendo was pissed Capcom took RE4 exclusivity away from the Gamecube.

I would like to see:

Pokemon Rival/Other Pokemon Trainer: Same as PT, but with totally different Pokemon with different attacks.
9 Volt (Warioware): All his attacks can involve classic Nintendo. Say, whacking them over the head with an old-school NES controller, or throwing a disc at them.
I would love to see Knuckles or Tails sneak in there.
o that makes sense i was wondering why they didnt put megaman in there and why they put wario im already tired of wario bieng in there so plz no more people from that game lol jk 9 volt is kool and i have said this a million times but im sure one of the other sonic characters would be added if they remade brawl right now reason i say that is cuz this is no longer a SSB4 thread its now a Brawl remake thread lol

Top Bottom