Which playable characters as of now, do you think would make great assist trophies instead?

DorboDIO

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4227-7427-3809
NNID
DaidenEvolved
I believe Simon and Richter would have been cool assist trophies. They could spawn in battle and just use their whips, crosses, axes, and holy water to hit your opponent. I'm super glad they're characters in the game but I wouldn't complain if they were assist trophies.

UserKev

Smash Lord
Dr. Mario would have been a pretty cool assist. I can also see Pac-Man filling the role, he'd literally be the face of assist trophies.

3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
:ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig:

Now I personally enjoy how they're already in the game as alts for :ultbowserjr: and wouldn't change that but I also think they would have been great assist trophies that could have had references to their boss battles in Super Mario.
thAB9ZNOLP.jpg

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
This thread will go down terribly but I’m gonna be brutally honest.

- :ultisabelle: & :ultpiranha: both for obvious reasons.

-Maybe :ultcorrin: replacing Tiki (not necessarily having her playable instead just simply replaced)

-:ultwiifittrainer: would fit very well as one too tbh but I’m fine with them playable since the Yoga concept is unique.

-:ultduckhunt: makes for a good dud AT with him laughing but I actually liked DHD and wanted him as the token WTF character for 4 so nah.

Everyone else stays where they belong, those I don’t like I’d cut entirely.

Last edited:

Sebas22

Smash Apprentice
Uhh, it's actually too late for both of them to be assist trophies in Smash 6 because all playable characters will be present from now on. And also, if you compare Joker/Ren's iconicess to Quote (Cave Story), Beck (Mighty no 9) Yuri (Fatal Frame), Shovel Knight, Akira (Virtura Fighter) who are assist trophies, you will realize that Joker/Ren is definitely a character who merits to be an assist trophy instead of a playable character.
Yeah, Beck is iconic.
An iconic failure. He doesn't even deserve to be a spirit.