• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which playable characters as of now, do you think would make great assist trophies instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DorboDIO

Smash Rookie
I believe Simon and Richter would have been cool assist trophies. They could spawn in battle and just use their whips, crosses, axes, and holy water to hit your opponent. I'm super glad they're characters in the game but I wouldn't complain if they were assist trophies.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Dr. Mario would have been a pretty cool assist. I can also see Pac-Man filling the role, he'd literally be the face of assist trophies.

DorboDIO

Smash Rookie
Dr. Mario would have been a pretty cool assist. I can also see Pac-Man filling the role, he'd literally be the face of assist trophies.
I could see Dr. Mario and Pac-Man as assist trophies too! especially Pac-Man. When he spawns he basically uses his final smash to hit opponents.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
:ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig:

Now I personally enjoy how they're already in the game as alts for :ultbowserjr: and wouldn't change that but I also think they would have been great assist trophies that could have had references to their boss battles in Super Mario.
thAB9ZNOLP.jpg

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
How about we just be happy with the characters we have? Is that too difficult?

Some things never change I guess.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
This thread will go down terribly but I’m gonna be brutally honest.

- :ultisabelle: & :ultpiranha: both for obvious reasons.

-Maybe :ultcorrin: replacing Tiki (not necessarily having her playable instead just simply replaced)

-:ultwiifittrainer: would fit very well as one too tbh but I’m fine with them playable since the Yoga concept is unique.

-:ultduckhunt: makes for a good dud AT with him laughing but I actually liked DHD and wanted him as the token WTF character for 4 so nah.

Everyone else stays where they belong, those I don’t like I’d cut entirely.

Last edited:

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
Uhh, it's actually too late for both of them to be assist trophies in Smash 6 because all playable characters will be present from now on. And also, if you compare Joker/Ren's iconicess to Quote (Cave Story), Beck (Mighty no 9) Yuri (Fatal Frame), Shovel Knight, Akira (Virtura Fighter) who are assist trophies, you will realize that Joker/Ren is definitely a character who merits to be an assist trophy instead of a playable character.
Yeah, Beck is iconic.
An iconic failure. He doesn't even deserve to be a spirit.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Nope. Persona is more iconic and has sold more than most of those series. You're letting your personal bias get in the way.
Uhh, just because Joker/Ren and Persona are more iconic than all of those other series still doesn't make Joker/Ren deserve to be playable, and he still merits to be an assist trophy. In fact, Beck (mighty no 9), Quote (cave story), Shovel Knight, and Yuri (fatal frame) all also merit to be assist trophies.

I've already aforementioned that Joker/Ren would've definitely been a better assist trophy role than Bomberman. Bomberman does actually have a moveset potential if you think about it. Although Joker/Ren is playable now, he could've still worked as an assist trophy. But how would he function?

Yeah, Beck is iconic.
An iconic failure. He doesn't even deserve to be a spirit.
Nah, I think Beck merits to be an assist trophy and a spirit.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Uhh, just because Joker/Ren and Persona are more iconic than all of those other series still doesn't make Joker/Ren deserve to be playable, and he still merits to be an assist trophy.
So, why do you keep repeating Joker isn't iconic enough to be playable? Your argument is inconsistent within itself.

I've already aforementioned that Joker/Ren would've definitely been a better assist trophy role than Bomberman.
That's completely subjective and nobody has to agree with you.

Bomberman does actually have a moveset potential if you think about it. Although Joker/Ren is playable now, he could've still worked as an assist trophy. But how would he function?
Bomberman and Joker have nothing to do with each other, yet you keep comparing them obsessively. It's just sad at this point. Can't you just drop it? It's obvious your half-baked argument won't change any self-respecting fan and it sure as hell won't affect Smash itself. The fact that you claim your repeated Bomberman-Joker pissing contests aren't trolling is insulting.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This thread seems like it's going to consist of little more than character bashing and trolling, seeing as nobody would want a character that they're a fan of to get demoted from being playable to being an assist trophy. I'm going to lock this thread as of now, since it doesn't seem like it's going to lead to any constructive discussion, and it will likely lead to more flaming/trolling than it already has if it is left open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom