• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Nintendo console is your favorite?

What Nintendo console is your favorite?

• NES

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Game Boy (original)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SNES

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Game Boy Color

• Nintendo 64

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • GameCube

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Game Boy Advance/SP/Micro

• Nintendo DS/DS Lite/DSi/DSi XL

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Virtual Boy

• Wii

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Nintendo 3DS

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Wii U

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Other

• Total voters

DPKdebator

Smash Apprentice
(If there are still two threads for this topic, this is the correct one)
Out of all the Nintendo consoles that have been released, which is your favorite; only in the terms of games released for a console (e.g. a plethora of Virtual Console games or backwards compatibility does not count)?

My personal favorite is the Wii U, ironically enough Nintendo's worst-performing home console. It has the best selection of original games (Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, Smash 4) that have great graphics, especially compared to the standard definition of generations past.

Last edited:

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
I've only had two consoles, the Wii and Wii U, and I do enjoy their first party games. I'd probably like Splatoon as well if my internet connection wasn't atrocious. I've got seven people in my house who have internet-enabled devices. But we have four Wi-Fi networks... Maybe I should look into how we can utilize all of them.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
N64 easily. Was the first system I ever had and has an amazing library of games on it's console.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
The GCN is my favorite Nintendo console by far. Had some of the best games Nintendo ever came up with. It also had the greatest controller design.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
Super Smash Bros Melee
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

With gems like these...is there really any other choice?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Mm, tough choice... Definitely not the NES, GB, N64 and VB (lol why is that an option) simply because they don't have nearly as many good games, or at least ones I care for.

To me the DS had Kirby CC and SSU, my favorite Pokemon gen, TWEWY, Metroid Prime Hunters, most of the Layton series, and a boatload of great visual novels like Ace Attorney.

The Wii has NSMBW, SMG1&2, DKCR, KRtDL, Sonic Colors, Wario Land Shake It, Megaman 9 & 10... Notice a pattern? LoZSS, Punch Out and Xenoblade too.

3DS has Kid Icarus Uprising, SSB3D, Gunvolt 1 & 2 (little early on 2 but it'll be pretty hard to mess up at this point), Shovel Knight, my second favorite Pokemon gen, Bravely Default and Second, more Layton and AA, and two great Kirby games.

The Wii U has SSBU (has more stuff then 3D but also more stuff I hate so eh), Shovel Knight (basically the same game so it counts for both), DKCTF, Freedom Planet, SF0, Pokken and Pikmin 3.

Going with 3DS, though they're all very close.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
The original backwards compatible Wii is my favorite Nintendo console. It allows me to play GameCube games like F-Zero GX, Melee and Mario Kart: Double Dash as well as exceptional Wii mods like CTGP Revolution and Project M for Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros. Brawl respectively.

Although the original Wii doesn't output true HD graphics, an inexpensive component cable will allow it to display in progressive scan (480p). This is an ideal solution for playing Wii games on modern HDTV's as it also allows for the 16:9 aspect ratio for games that support that format.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
The Gamecube, definitely. Had so many great games, and it had that amazing start-up. Everything about it was perfection.

3DS let's me olay DS games and has so many awesome games.

I can play smash, Elite Beat Agents, pokemon, and my favorite game of all time, Kid Icarus Uprising all on the same console. A+

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
Nintendo 64 and 3DS are my favorites

D

Deleted member

Wii, Wii U, and 3DS

I've had the most fun I ever experienced as a gamer on the Wii and The Wiimote and Nunchuck gave me some exercise to a degree so that's a plus.

Wii U had a comfortable controller the Wii U GamePad that I use and look at when I play my games, plus it had some great titles Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Splatoon, and Mario Kart 8 are dear to my heart as well as the Wii U and Gamepad. And although the system did not do well I never once regretted owning it and the games I listed are some of the best I've played.

3DS is and wil always be my favourite handheld the 3D feature plus Pokemon's titles like Pokemon X and Pokemon Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire and Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright are true masterpieces great handheld.

And who knows maybe the Nintendo NX home console and handheld will be there someday I'll see, but for now these are my favourites and will continue to be wouldn't have it any other way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The three most memorable Nintendo consoles for me would be the DS, Wii, and 3DS.

The DS has a pretty great line-up of games that I really enjoyed: the first four Layton games, the 4th generation Pokemon games, the Super Mario 64 remake, Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, Mario Kart DS, most of the Mystery Dungeon games, Kirby: Canvas Curse, Kirby Squeak Squad, the Kirby Super Star remake, and the Brain Age series all come to mind, all of which were games I got to experience and had fond memories of. I also enjoyed using much the added features of the Nintendo DSi, like the camera, the voice recorder, and Flipnote Studio. The DS still remains my favorite Nintendo console to this day.

The Wii was where I had the least amount of games compared to the other consoles, but I really enjoyed games such as Mario Kart Wii, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Smash Bros Brawl, Mario: Sports Mix, the Mario Galaxy games, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, and Wii Sports Resort. I really liked the motion controls, which made the last game mentioned pretty enjoyable. Even the channels the Wii offered were pretty great to use. The Check Mii Out channel was when I started to become more artistic with my Miis, and I remember being fairly active on the Everybody Votes Channel for a period of time. This was also the console where I began using online multiplayer. Downloading My Pokemon Ranch was the first time I made use of the Wifi experience, and I remember using WiFi Connection in other games since then. It's my second favorite Nintendo console at the moment.

The 3DS experience started out meh at first, but it's become stronger overtime. There were lots of games I really enjoyed this time around: the 6th generation Pokemon games, Fire Emblem Awakening, Fire Emblem Fates, the last two Layton games, Mario Kart 7, that Mario tennis game, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, Kirby: Triple Deluxe, and Kirby: Planet Robobot all come to mind. It has some potential to surpass the Wii for my 2nd favorite console depending on how the next batch of games will go.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
I'd be interested in knowing who didn't choose the first system they played/owned. That seems to be how this polls usually skew.

And I'm not hating on the Wii U or anything but the fact that it's tied with the SNES is odd to see.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I'd be interested in knowing who didn't choose the first system they played/owned. That seems to be how this polls usually skew.

And I'm not hating on the Wii U or anything but the fact that it's tied with the SNES is odd to see.
While I picked the DS as my favorite Nintendo console, it wasn't my first one. That title goes to the Gameboy Advance.

I picked 3DS, which wasn't my first (Nintendo) console. My first one was Nintendo DS.

Top Bottom