• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which moves send opponents into knockdown (Melee)?

Finger

Smash Rookie
I'm new to the forums so I'm not sure if this already exists, but I'm interested in knowing which moves send opponents into knockdown for the whole cast.

I mostly play Fox, so the only moves I've seen that put the opponent into knockdown are:

Shine - All percents
Down-throw - All percents
Up-throw
Forward-throw
Back-throw

All help is appreciated.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Up/down throws always tumble. Everything else is weight/percent dependent.

Edit: except for glitched throws that put the character into a standing state, like Falco's dthrow on Fox.

Last edited:

Finger

Smash Rookie
Thanks #SplitsOnTrees, that will keep preoccupied for a while.
Good to know Yeroc, that reminds me I'm also curious at what percents characters can escape up throw.

Ten of Nine

Smash Apprentice
Something that would be good to research are moves that players often will miss techs on (hard to react before hitting a floor), and scenarios where tech traps are possible. (usually weak hits at higher percents, platform sharking, or shallow angle KB moves)

That's something I've been looking into with Ness, he has a lot of very underdeveloped tech traps and guaranteed follow ups thanks to his moveset.

Top Bottom