• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

which melee stages should have made it but didn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitro_rev

Smash Cadet
I find that they didn't put in enough good melee stages but they put in some realy bad ones like yoshi's island and onett. which do you think should have been included?

nitro_rev

Smash Cadet
are you serious???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who would think that, those spining blocks where more anoying than the red ring of death and the music, don't get me started. and onett, I agree that some people may like this stage, but seriously, they could have done much better.

Polostick

Smash Apprentice
mute city, i just like that stage
fountain of dreams, peaceful music and good stage
flat zone, if you gonna have flat zone 2 might as well have the old one

redshift71388

Smash Apprentice
are you serious???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who would think that, those spining blocks where more anoying than the red ring of death and the music, don't get me started. and onett, I agree that some people may like this stage, but seriously, they could have done much better.
Once again, your opinion. I really didn't find those blocks all that annoying. And what else would they have brought back? For Yoshi, you have that or Yoshi's Story, which is pretty much the same thing as the new Yoshi's Island.

Same with Earthbound. There were two choices. Onett or Fourside. Fourside is a city. Pretty much like New Pork City.

So no, they couldn't really have done much better if they wanted to add some variety.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Corneria-Check
Pokemon Stadium 1-Check
Temple-Check
Green Greens-Check

That's all I needed, and that's what we got and more...although I kind of wish we didn't get the more, and they made Ganondorf original instead...

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
And what else would they have brought back? For Yoshi, you have that or Yoshi's Story, which is pretty much the same thing as the new Yoshi's Island.

Same with Earthbound. There were two choices. Onett or Fourside. Fourside is a city. Pretty much like New Pork City.

So no, they couldn't really have done much better if they wanted to add some variety.
QFmostlyT. Well, they did a great job over all, but yes- they could have done a little better for variety's sake.
At first I was a bit disappointed with what they chose because I really liked many of the other stages more... then I realized that in most cases what they did was update the better Melee stages with improved graphics.
Examples: (name of Melee stage not returning- name of Brawl stage that replaces it)
Mute City- Port Town Aero Dive
Yoshi's Story- (the new) Yoshi's Island
Venom- Lylat Cruise
Fourside- New Pork City
Icicle Mountain - Rumble Falls
Flatzone- Flatzone II
Mushroom Kingdom, Mushroom Kingdom II- Mushroom-y Kingdom
Fountain of Dreams- Battlefield*

*Fountain of Dreams would have worked as a nice level for Dedede, but it's okay that it isn't back as it was essentially just a moving (and prettier) version of Battlefield (which is now really pretty too). It served essentially the same function as Battlefield though.

Great Bay is an unfortunate stage to lose and Kongo Jungle is also gone without a replacement, but I think they chose the better stages from each of these series to keep (Temple and Jungle Japes).

They also left out Pokefloats and instead opted for Pokemon Stadium, a stage (seemingly similar, but different enough) to Pokemon Stadium II, and I think they made the better decision there too.

The decisions I disagree with:
-I think that they should have chosen Brinstar Depths to return rather than Brinstar, seeing as Brawl will have two Metroid levels with rising lava (Norfair and Brinstar) and loses out on a really unique stage without Brinstar Depths. Though they do explore the world-shifting/rotating aspect again with Frigate Orpheon, it's just not the same.
-Peach's Castle didn't get an update. Instead we got another Rainbow Ride-esque stage (Delfino Plaza), kept Rainbow Ride... and Peach is now homeless. That makes 3 moving Mario stages in Brawl, and what I feel is a lack of castles.

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
The only one I'm upset about is lack of Fountain of Dreams. Oh well, Halberd is good enough I suppose. >_>
I wish DeDeDe's arena from Kirby Superstar and other games got in as a stage, it would have been perfect for a home for DeDeDe.

Tin

Smash Journeyman
Fountain of Dreams could've been drop dead gorgeous. Too bad it didn't make it. The lack of Pokefloats makes me sad.

Meangreenguy

Smash Rookie
greath bay and fountain of dreams are sad losses

brinstar is too. was quite the best stage for my kirby ;)

tanfastic

Smash Apprentice
Brinstar depths and pokefloats with added pokemon for a longer more awesome brawl

ICANTCOUNT123456

Smash Journeyman
Fourside- Music FTW, its not in Brawl, which is disapointing

Great Bay- Hardly ever played on... yet, i somehow miss it.

Brinstar Depths- I will miss Kraid

Peaches Castle- Will miss Bonzai bills

All 64 stages- Yeah...

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I like all the stages in Melee. To be honest though, I doubt I'll ever miss any stages like I miss SSB64 stages :p

I guess I'll miss Poké Floats, Brinstar Depths, uhmm... that's all I can think of atm. ^^;

EDIT: Oh yeah! How could I forget Termina Bay! WTF? Next to no MM representation! :(

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
So glad PokeFloats and Brinstar Depths didn't make it back.
Port Town = Mute City
Great Sea = Great Bay (plus it looks better and Wind Waker pwns Majora's Mask)

I guess Peach's Castle and Fourside. Those were great stages.

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
I would have really liked Fountain of Dreams. It just had a surreal feeling to it.

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
Great Bay is the one I was really bummed about. It doesn't get much more fun than tossing your opponents underneath the pier and watching them fall to their misery...

You shall be missed.

Seabass

Smash Rookie
i like yoshi's island i though it was pretty cool and a good stage i'm not so sure about onett but i really like all the melee stages in brawl

Edit: IMO pokefloats was the worst stage in the history of the world ever

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Stages I hate: Big Blue, Brinstar Depths, Poke Floats, Yoshi's Island (Those blocks ARE annoying but it did have great music), Flat Zone.

Stages I Love: Pokemon Stadium, Fountain of Dreams, Dream Land 64, Battle Field, FInal Destination, Temple, and Peach's castle.

So there's alot of stages I'm glad aren't returning and some stages I'm upset that are. But I REALLY wish Fountain of Dreams would come back. I love that stage. I also like Dream Land 64 and wish that would return. I don't like Rainbow Ride and don't see why they need so many moving stages. I'll miss Great Bay, too but atleast I don't have to see Tingle anymore. :/

There's a couple stages from 64 that I want back, too. Saffron City, Tutorial Stage (though it was never playable) Mushroom Kingdom, Hyrule Castle.

I really wanna play on the Mushroom Kingdom 64 stage! It had pow blocks and warp pipes and GREATNESS!

Wynsickle

Smash Rookie
I'll miss Mute City most of all. It was my first level to play before I even owned the game. I loved the look of the level with it's lavender haze, and the music was great, and the GO sounds was cool too. I know they "replaced" it so I shouldn't be bothered, but the new F-Zero stage looks too depressing and rusted.

Fountain of dreams was good too.
Peach's castle.
and I still can't believe after 2 sequels, Hyrule castle 64 hasn't come back. It was my favorite.

Sinstra

Smash Rookie
Personally, i dont like playing comp. lvl on it but i love messing around with friends on pokefloats!
I would have liked to see it back

J Tangle

Smash Cadet
NNID
JTangle
Actually the one stage I miss the most is Mushroom Kingdom 2. I love the look on my friends faces when they see a PKT2 being pulled off on such a small level. Also Birdo comes spitin eggs at you, but the best thing about that is catching the egg and then hurling it at your opponent(not to mention some eggs would explode).

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
You know what stage I miss? None. I didn't really feel all that attached to any of the stages in Melee, and although there were some I used more than others, I don't really mind them going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom