• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which fighters should've faced which bosses in Classic Mode?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I did a similar kind of post in my "What would YOUR boss lineup look like, if YOU were Sakurai?" thread, but that was for EVERY SINGLE FIGHTER IN THE GAME. This thread is on a far less ambitious scale in comparison; basically, which fighters should've faced bosses like Giga Bowser, Ganon, Marx, etc.? Keep in mind that this is ONLY applicable for characters who either fight Master Hand as a boss or don't have a boss at all. This is ALSO only applicable for bosses currently in the game (so you can't suggest a boss who ISN'T in the game).

Pretty self-explanatory, so I'm gonna dive straight in:

Master Hand/Crazy Hand
:ultdarksamus: (CH; team battle w/Meta :ultridley:; Crazy Hand is the dark, corrupt counterpart to Master Hand)
:ultjigglypuff: after Giant :ultdk: (MH; Final Destination (64); I know Giant :ultdk: existed in 64, but so did Master Hand. We've seen certain routes precede Master Hand with a fighter in the Final Round, so this is clearly doable.)
:ultvillager: (CH; The Valedictory Elegy; Killager joke please laugh)
:ult_terry: (MH; Soy Sauce for Geese - FATAL FURY SPECIAL; you can keep the :ultryu::ultken::ult_terry: before. Just change KOF Stadium to Ω.)

Giga Bowser
:ultganondorf:
(Fated Battle; Imagine a world where all the heroes have lost, and all that remains is the climactic showdown between two Miyamoto villains)
:ultzss: (Giant claws)
:ultwiifittrainer: (Technically big-boned, but it still applies)
:ultlittlemac: ("Friendly" sparring)
:ultincineroar: (not preceded by :ultbowser:; team battle w/:ultgreninja:; Giant wrestling monster)

Galleom
:ultsheik: (Galleom CLEARLY has a giant mask on)
:ultsonic: (Could be a Death Egg Robot stand-in)
:ultshulk: (Round 6, while :ultmegaman: gets moved to the Final Round; could be a stand-in for the Mechon)
:ultcloud: (Steampunk robot that transforms into a vehicle)

Rathalos
:ultsamus:
(BOUNTY hunter in the world of MONSTER Hunter)
:ultpeach: (Fortress Boss - Super Mario Bros. 3; dragons are known for keeping princesses in castles in fairy tales. I did consider Giga Bowser, but I went with Rathy for the reason I stated last sentence)
:ultbayonetta: (Round 6; Time for the Climax!; the :ultpit:'s would be moved to the Final Round with :ultpalutena:)

Ganon
:ultroy: (
Are we going to ignore the TWO giant SWORDS in Ganon's hands?)
:ultkingdedede: (The World to Win; Ganon is literally the Demon King)
:ultpalutena: (preceded by :ultganondorf:; Hades' Infernal Theme; evil being granted divine power)
:ultbanjokazooie: (team battle w/:ultdiddy:; reference to Wizpig from Diddy Kong Racing, :ultbanjokazooie:'s first appearance in general)

Marx
:ultfox: (Bit further off from Andross, but still there)
:ultdoc: (Colors out the wazoo)
:ultlucas: (Magical being)
:ultolimar: (Marx is a space traveler)
:ultridley: ("> 3, 2, 1, BLAST OFF!" remember that quote from Milky Way Wishes?)

Dracula
:ultgnw: (Battle Map 5 - Fire Emblem Gaiden; boss from a classic 8-bit game)
:ultpit: (team battle w/:ultdarkpit:; both Kid Icarus and Castlevania came out in 1986, plus Dracula is a dark being rivaling the forces of heaven)
:ultwario: (Vampires-of which Wario was one on occassion, believe it or not-hate the smell of garlic)
:ultike: (Against the Dark Knight; black-clad, blatantly)

Last edited:
Top Bottom