• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which DLCs did you buy? (Updated with September 30th DLCs)

Of all current released DLC so far, which of them did you get on either version?

• Mewtwo

Votes: 147 91.3%
  • Lucas

Votes: 140 87.0%
  • Roy

Votes: 145 90.1%
  • Ryu + Suzaku Catle stage

Votes: 142 88.2%
  • Dream Land stage

Votes: 130 80.7%
  • Peach's castle stage

Votes: 111 68.9%
  • Hyrule Castle stage

Votes: 113 70.2%
  • SSB T-shirt Mii outfit

Votes: 32 19.9%
  • Link Mii costume

Votes: 30 18.6%
  • Majora's Mask Mii hat

Votes: 28 17.4%
  • Mega Man X Mii costume

Votes: 29 18.0%
  • Proto Man Mii costume

Votes: 33 20.5%
  • Dunban Mii costume

Votes: 29 18.0%
  • Cat Mii costume

Votes: 26 16.1%
  • Monkey Mii costume

Votes: 24 14.9%
  • Isabelle Mii costume

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • MegaMan.EXE Mii costume

Votes: 25 15.5%
  • Zero Mii costume

Votes: 31 19.3%
  • Inkling Mii costume

Votes: 42 26.1%
  • Inkling squid Mii hat

• Akira Mii costume

• Jacky Mii costume

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • Heihachi Mii costume

• Hoodie Mii outfit

• Bear Mii costume

Votes: 21 13.0%
  • King K. Rool Mii costume

Votes: 42 26.1%
  • Flying Man Mii costume

• Chrom Mii costume

Votes: 31 19.3%
  • Black Knight Mii costume

Votes: 26 16.1%
  • Lloyd Mii costume

• Samus Mii costume

• I didn't download any DLC

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Super Mario Maker stage

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • Pirate Ship stage

• Business Mii outfit

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Toad Mii costume

• Viridi Mii costume

• Monster Hunter Mii costume

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Rathalos Mii costume

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Fox Mii costume

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Captain Falcon Mii costume

• Total voters

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I bought everything for both versions... Except Mewtwo which I got free for both.

xRichy

Smash Rookie
NNID
lRichyl (l = L)
I only bought Ryu and Roy because Lucas and Mewtwo don't fit my play style and I don't use Mii's so no need for the costumes.

Hathaway12

Smash Rookie
I bought all of the characters and stages except for Hyrule Castle. I will probably get it when/if other stages/characters come out. As for mii costumes they don't add anything to game play so i will take a pass on them.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Alright, now I have:

Mewtwo (technically free)
Ryu + Suzaku Castle
Dream Land 64

I wanted to buy Peach's Castle, Hyrule Castle as well as Lucas, but my country is currently facing an economic crisis so I am short on money.

Mask and Mirror

Smash Apprentice
All... the packs give enough of a discount for it to be worth it, and I can't stand to feel like I'm missing out on anything. Characters are the absolute must have, though

RorioPizazzle

Smash Rookie
I got all the character DLCs and some stages... and maybe a few nostalgic Mii costumes. But Roy has to be my favorite without a doubt. Sorry Mewtwo, but Roy's Nair is a monster

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Updated with new contents added today! Simply use the "Change my vote" button to update your vote accordingly. Though it sucks that you can't change the order of the vote options.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Got all characters and stages except the ones released today, which I'm getting soon.

The Jiggernaut

Smash Cadet
I bought all of the stages and characters with a few mii costumes:

Akira
Black Knight
Chrom
King K Rool
Fox
Samus
Link
Captain Falcon
Lloyd
Flying Man

Zelduh!

Smash Cadet
I just purchased the new Super Mario Maker stage, I'm still going with just purchasing all characters and stages as none of the Mii costumes interest me yet.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I have every previously released stage and character, and I'm getting the new ones today.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Purchased Mario maker, Toad and Viridi this morning. I might bite and get pirate ship and a monster hunter costume.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I have now bought Super Mario Maker (both versions), Pirate Ship and the Monster Hunter Mii costumes.

Whatever new characters and stages they add in the future, I'm gonna have it all.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Today, I picked up the Super Mario Maker stage, the Fox Mii costume, and the Hoodie Mii outfit, all for both versions.

I originally wasn't sold on the Mii costumes, but now that I have a Mii Brawler Amiibo, with plans to buy the Mii Sword Fighter and Mii Gunner ones as well (they're sold singly, here), I wanted to pick up a couple that I really liked.

I don't play the Wii U version anywhere near as much as the 3DS one, so I haven't yet picked up the Wii U-exclusive Pirate Ship stage (I might at some point, though). The freebie 3DS port of the Wii U Duck Hunt stage was a really nice surprise, though! :grin:

Last edited:

Gamr_8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer807
I buy ALL of the DLC (I buy them all so I can have them for the future, I can careless about the Mii Costumes now)

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
I'm currently sad that I didn't have enough money on my eShop account for both new stages plus the Viridi costume. One of the few times I've been seriously sold on an outfit as opposed to just "Looks cool, it's cheap, and I have money. May as well get it." The other two Mii outfits I was seriously sold on were Lloyd and the Black Knight.

Mask and Mirror

Smash Apprentice
I just bought the new content. Stages are nice but I'm so sad there's no new character. How long til the next chance? :(

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Well, today I spent my first actual cash on paid DLC for this game (Mewtwo was free for me). I got Hyrule Castle 64 because that stage is the greatest for FFAs, and Super Mario Maker because how the heck could I not. I might get Pirate Ship later, but for now, I'm thinking I'll just save my cash for when the next big stage/character is revealed.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
Characters and stages are an absolute must have for me. I've gotten every single character and stage for both versions. Even if they don't fit my playstyle, its nice to have them around for FFA's so my friends can play them if they want. Stages are as equally important to me, I love more variety. I'm so glad they brought back Pirate Ship.

As for Mii costumes, I've gotten King K. Rool, Rathalos, Link and the hoodie. I don't like most of the default costumes for Brawler and Swordfighter, so I got these.

Last edited:

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Not counting Mewtwo (the free download codes), I got everything only for Wii U, because I don't play the 3DS version that often.

-Characters: Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, Ryu.
-Stages: Dream Land 64, Suzaku Castle, Peach's Castle 64, Hyrule Castle 64, Super Mario Maker, Pirate Ship.
-Costumes: Inkling costume.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
I just realized the other reason I really need that Viridi costume (aside from Viridi being awesome and Viridi's staff with that pointed beak on it probably looking really brutal performing moves like FSmash or Hero's Spin): long hair with wind physics. I'd still really like to see a patch that adds wind physics to the normal Mii hairstyles, but Viridi's hair would work in the interim.

Last edited:

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Lucas
Roy
Ryu
Chrom :awesome:
Flying Man
Lloyd
Dreamland 64
Peach's Castle 64
Hyrule Castle 64
Pirate Ship
Super Mario Maker

Last edited:

CCTANK93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CCTANK93
3DS FC
4296-3062-4792
I bought everything because I'm a crazy Smash fanatic and will buy everything else in the future lol.

Mask and Mirror

Smash Apprentice
I wish they'd give some kind of preview or release schedule so that DLC can be exciting whether it contains a new character or not. As it is, I wait with great excitement for the date, and then cry when there's no new character.

ralph458

Smash Cadet
NNID
larosawiiu
Like the OP and others, I only bought new characters and stages, though I only have the Wii U version, as I do not own a handheld newer than the GameBoy Advance. Mii fighter costumes seem pointless to me at this time.
Pretty much same here. I got all Characters and Stagers. Ignored the mii costumes as I don't use the miis at all. And none of the DLC I got seems pointless. Even if I don't play regular Peach's Castle and Hyrule Castle that much, it was honestly worthit for the music, and the Mario Maker Stage and Pirate Ship Stage are really fun and Dreamland 64 is just Perfect. As for Characters, Roy became one of my mains, Mewtwo just a fun character I use regulary, while Lucas and Ryu are good characters I occasionally use.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I bought every character and every stage alongside the Mii costumes that i found cool:

Chrom :awesome:
Lloyd
Black Knight
Zero
Rathalos Hunter
Viridi
Dunban
Mega Man.EXE
X
Protoman
King K Rool
Jacky
Akira
Heihachi

all for the Wii U version. (i could have bought the normal Hunter set, but i realized i could buy Shovel Knight with the money i had so i went with that).

Scurry059

Smash Cadet
I bought Roy, Ryu+Suzaku castle, Peach's castle, Hyrule castle, and dream land. I might buy more depending on the stages

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
I have had some help paying. (I bought the system and game on my own... but my group plays with me enough where a couple of them were ok pitching in for DLC. I have split costs of games that they own in the past in exchange for a file that nobody else but me touches.) Once again, we are at all stages & characters. Eventually might get a Mii Costume or 2... but for now we haven't got to into Miis.

I suspect that even with there relatively low popularity those Mii Costumes run a decent profit margin. We almost impulse bought the 1st DLC bundle before I opted to do the math and realized how much stuff we wouldn't likely use.

If the right Mii Costume came out I might get it... but I don't see myself making so many Mii fighters that the costume would be worth it to get all of them.

I am mildly surprised we haven't seen more pallet swaps as DLC. (Different generation Mega Mans, Ryu Swap to Ken, among others)... but those are probably a bit harder as all hit/hurt boxes would need to remain the same as the original model, still be clearly visible, while changing the look of the character enough to persuade people to buy.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I suspect that even with there relatively low popularity those Mii Costumes run a decent profit margin.
They're also now a value-add for the three types of Mii Fighter Amiibos. I can say that this definitely pushed me to pick up a couple more, in the end, after originally only planning on buying the K. Rool one. I've used them more for the Mii Amiibos than I have for the standard versions of the Mii Fighters, since the Amiibo AIs are a lot more interesting.

I am mildly surprised we haven't seen more pallet swaps as DLC. (Different generation Mega Mans, Ryu Swap to Ken, among others)... but those are probably a bit harder as all hit/hurt boxes would need to remain the same as the original model, still be clearly visible, while changing the look of the character enough to persuade people to buy.
I would love to be able to pick up a cosmetic alt of Masked Dedede, for Dedede. He wouldn't be an especially difficult one, either - he would only need the addition of his power-amplifying mask and the different hammer, and 3DS assets for both of these already exist (which I make note of purely because so much of the DLC content pulls assets from elsewhere, such as StreetPass Mii Plaza, Tomodachi Life, and other games).

Tempest

Smash Cadet
I purchased all current DLC released for the wii U version only, and I will continue to purchase every new batch of DLC no matter what it is, because I strongly want to support DLC for smash bros and I'm happy that they are continuously working on the game, even if it is just mii costumes.

Top Bottom