• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minetious

Smash Rookie
i say gamecube or wiimote with nunchuck. just customize it and it should be fine. only advantage i find with the gamecube is the grab is easier to do. anyone got suggestions on easier grabing with the wii+nun? pushing a+b just seems to mess up sometimes.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i say gamecube or wiimote with nunchuck. just customize it and it should be fine. only advantage i find with the gamecube is the grab is easier to do. anyone got suggestions on easier grabing with the wii+nun? pushing a+b just seems to mess up sometimes.
i put all my grabs on the d-pad since A+B grab is akward i have that set for shield

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
well, i used 2 use the wavebird but i couldn't carry it around wherever i went. i ended up going 2 a friend's house who didn't have a GC controller and got my a$$ handed to me so i went home and reconfigured the wiimote/chuk to resemble the GC controller in terms of where the buttons are like so:

Wiimote:
dpad up = up smash (don't usually use it, but it's nice 2 have)
dpad left/right = jump (GC would be 'x', which i used to jump)
dpad down = attack (GC would be 'a', making the short hop > attack similar to GC)
a button = special (GC would be 'b')
b button = grab (GC would be 'z')
a+b = grab
1/2 = taunts

Nunchuk:
(normal)

tap jump off
shake smash on

works for me now. =) pretty proficient with it. only problem is the lack of a c-stick, which sometimes hurts; as others have noted, the shake smash will occasionally register the opposite direction. so i only use it when i _need_ to buffer.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Grabbing with down on the d-pad is actually really easy to do. Bottom of thumb on A, top on grab.

N M E

Smash Apprentice
I think it all depends on prefrence, i'd most like likely use a GC control because I used it while playing SSBM. But use should use all the control types you can get your hands on.

-N M E

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
some of the remaining AT's in brawl like snake dashing i have found are a little easier on the GC controller since the remote+nunchaku lacks a C stick, but i think wave smash can even it out to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom