• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Controller are you Using for Brawl

SSB_FANATIC

Smash Rookie
There are four controllers confirmed to work with Brawl.

Which one will you use to duke it out with your friends? I'll use the Gamecube Controller.

Teben

Smash Apprentice
Right now I'm thinking I'll be putting my classic controller to use. But I'm curious about the sideways wiimote control...

Wii analogs > Gamecube analogs.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I'll probably mainly use the GC controller because I'm so used to it...

I'd like to try using the Classic Controller, too.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
There is a poll for this. Search.

I will use GC conroller, or Wii Remote and Nunchuck with custimizable controls.

Definetly start with GC though, I'm used to that.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I won't decide until the game comes out and I try all of them.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Probably just the GC controller considering I don't *yet* own a Classic Controller. I'll definately try out all 4 though, its just I could probably get back into the swing of things easier with just using the GC ones like in Melee.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Gamecube controller. I just like the feel of it more, its much more confortable than the Wii-Mote/Wii-mote+Nunchuck. I'm more used to it, and I just like it.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
personally...while my gcn controller has been good to me.. i find im more open minded then most of you guys

i think the wiimote+nunchuck and classic controller will be what i train with...i need a taste of something new

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I think it would look tough to beat someone with just the wiimote.

However used to the Gamecube controller I may be, I cant go back to wired play when I have the option of wireless.

Maybe I'll end up with the classic controller, although the lefthand joystick at the bottom is really going to tick me off.

Mike Hawk

Smash Journeyman
im thinking of putting the classic controller inside a gcn controller shell or just placing the left analog where the Dpad is, i am yet to open the control to see if its possible though

the grim lizard

Smash Master

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I'll primarly use the GC controller, but I'll give the Nunchuk and Wii remote controls a try once I get it.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
I can see the Wii and Nunchuk combo working, and I'll prolly try that. GCN controller is an obvious alternative, though, as it's what we're all comfortable with.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Well since it says "Using" and not "Going to use" I'm gonna have to say... None.. since I can't play Brawl there is no controller that I can use.

But when it does come out... GC controller will work just fine.. Just wished the cord was atleast a foot longer so I could lean back on my couch while I played.

Sonic80

Smash Rookie
Wiimote and nunchuck, or GameCube Controller, and if I buy a classic, I'll use that too.

Nintendofreak

Smash Cadet
Well I think maybe the wiimote/nunchuck combo might be hard because somtimes people don't even make their pointer onto the screen. But If people get good at all of them, they could have controller tournaments. Personaly I want the classic controller.

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
The only reason a person will be able to use the wii-mote, the wii-mote-nunchuck combo, or the classic controller is because they can't expect everyone to have a GC controller.

Think of the special one-button melee that only uses the A button and is decribed in the game as a good way for beginners to learn. That is what it wil be like for the sideways Wii-mote. You can't use tilts, they couldn't expect you to use the real A and B in the wii-mote cuz that's both with the same hand as the D-pad and that would be too awkward, so that means the 1 and 2 buttons will have to be attacks, which means you have to use up for the jump, it's just all way too awkward and useless. It's just so you can still sort of play without owning a classic controller or a GC controller.

The wii-mote nunchuck combo will also be hard to use because what will you use in place of the R button for your right hand? I'd assume the A button continues to be for A attacks, but then what's the B? Would it be the B on the wii-mote? Then you'd have to use C or Z on the nunchuck for the shield and air dodge, which can only leave the other for the jump which most people will not be cool with, and don't even try to say you'd jump with the motion sensor in the wii-mote cuz that will never be accurate enough to please anyone who's above a beginner level. Still too awkward.

The classic controller will be the best bet if you don't have a GC controller and all the normal gameplay movements will be easy to pull off, but the GC controller will still be the only one longtime fans will use and the only one serious gamers will use.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Well I love games that use the Wiimote + Nunchuck, so that'll be the first one I try. Then after a day or two, or maybe a week, I'll try it out sideways. Then eventually, I'll try the GCN Controller. I'm not going to bother getting a Virtual Console Contoller because I don't plan on buying Virtual Console Games.
All in all, I'm hoping the WiimoteNunchuck controls work out to be good, because I would really like to use that as my main controller because I like to be different (because I know like 90% of you are going to use the GCN) .

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
It has probably already been said, but I don't want to read through all the spam

This thread is just turning into spam, and it will be that way for a while, until the game comes out and people are no longer just taking random guesses

That said, I think GC controller -> Defaults will rule the day with almost everyone.

Jujumasta

Smash Journeyman
GC one, but I would like to know how the control scheme for the other ones turn out.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
GC controller > sideways wiimote > classic controller > mote/chuk.
The Sideways Wiimote seems a bit odd to me besides the mote/chuk. Not enough buttons so I think I seen somewhere that you have to press two buttons at once to do something.. Not sure.. But in terms of comfort.

GC>Classic>Mote/Chuk> Sidemote

BudDudandSlash

Smash Apprentice
GC controller for familiarity and rumble.
Sidemote for convinience. Full rumble.
Classic for full button range, but no rumble and less convinient.
Mote/chuk sounds akward. Rumble in only one hand. Sounds like the worst but sitll usable.

Top Bottom