• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which characters is FLUDD particularly effective against?

tonkamike

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to practice using fludd and I've noticed he's particularly effective vs a recovering marth. Any other character that it's specifically good against?

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Luigi in some cases,Ike for sure.Marth surpringly during a up+b if you react to it accordingly,Ness and Lucas too since it pretty much destorys their 3rd jump due to water making their electricity ball disappear+knocking them slightly outta position resulting to be very,very bad for the Earthbound crew,if you dont understand why,ask any Lucas/Ness player. :laugh: So far the only few weakness I see in F.L.U.D.D is against heavy types when they are on their recoveries.Bowser,DK,King DDD,Snake(wtf..Gear)and floatly b@stards like R.O.B,Meta knight,or Pit.They seem to counter F.L.U.D.D more edgeguard-wise.

Maldazzar

Smash Cadet
It's pretty effective against Wolf as well as his recovery is rather substandard. I've seen it destroy Ike multiple times as well (along with Squirtle's water cannon since it has the same general effect).

Mike Hawk

Smash Journeyman
if you hit DK on the first frames of his UP B you will make him completely cancel the animation and thus the recovery.there is others that you can do this to i know for sure of Ike and Zelda.

im on a trip right now so no smash for me so try all the chars see which recoveries you can cancel.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
if you hit DK on the first frames of his UP B you will make him completely cancel the animation and thus the recovery.there is others that you can do this to i know for sure of Ike and Zelda.

im on a trip right now so no smash for me so try all the chars see which recoveries you can cancel.
:laugh:
Omg,Zelda too?! Wow,cuz I know I can confirm Lucas/Ness offically screwed vs F.L.U.D.D recovery wise but wow,after all them buffs,rofl! :laugh:

Mac2492

Smash Apprentice
I've found F.L.U.D.D. to be excellent against...

Lucas
Ness
Yoshi
Ike

Sir Brane Damuj

Smash Rookie
NNID
sirbranedamuj
Yea, I was going to say Lucas or Ness. Push them out of the way when they do PK Thunder and they are done.

Although I hate FLUDD and I will probably never use it. Waste of a move.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I've always thought they were effective against tether recovery users...am I wrong? sorry, I don't know how mario works at all lol

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Ness, Lucas, Snake, Ike, Yoshi are the easiest to mess up

it is effective on tether recoveries however just grabbing onto the edge as they tether is much easier

I have seen it work on Space animals but I'm not to sure how reliable it can be

Top Bottom