• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Characters Have the Longest Grabs?

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
Hey, forums. A Melee/PM player that's looking to get into Smash 64 here. Just wondering which characters have the longest grabs, as that will play into who I decide to check out first. Doing some research, I know that Donkey Kong has the longest, but there's not much info as to who's in second, third, fourth, etc. Any resources/threads that you know of that could help me out with this?

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
Why is this so important to make your decision? Wouldn't the tethers be the longest?
Guess I should've elaborated; being a Sheik player, I like have a long grab to use in neutral without having a tether. Maybe that doesn't really factor into the meta of competitive Smash 64, but figured I would ask anyway to see if it makes enough of a difference to be noticed.

And like I said, tether grabs (grab, really, since it's only Samus that has a tether) don't really work for me since they're ridiculously punishable.

Sangoku

Smash Master
You can watch the hitboxes of every char's grab to see which have the longesr range.

You can find links to hitboxes in the index.

Olikus

Smash Champion
If I had to switch username with one person for a day it would be with DrLobster.

Top Bottom