• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which characters got the most changes in the transition to Project M?

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
So, I'm kind of a casual player. I just downloaded Project M for the opportunity to play as Mewtwo and enjoy a new game. I don't really have an interest in learning all the inner workings of the game, but I do want to try out any characters that got significant changes.

So, what characters would you say are the most different in Project M compared to how they played in the original smash titles?

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Snake, Lucas, Squirtle, Toon Link, Metaknight, and Ivysaur stick out off the top of my head... I'm probably missing some.

Honestly, everyone but the Melee high tiers are pretty different.
So really everyone but Fox, Falco, Sheik (Sheik is the most different of the high tiers, but still similar to Melee Sheik), Marth, Jiggs, Peach, and Captain Falcon

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I'd say Lucario is the most changed character.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Lucas was altered pretty intensely. If you haven't yet gotten the chance, try out his Neutral Special, and then a Charge Attack.

I think you'll like what you find. :smirk:

Lagann

Smash Rookie
Lucas was altered pretty intensely. If you haven't yet gotten the chance, try out his Neutral Special, and then a Charge Attack.

I think you'll like what you find. :smirk:
I have to agree with him, kit wise, there is not much that has changed but the just "how" he plays is much better than he was in brawl.

Fortress

Smash Master
I think comparisons to Brawl MK are unfair ...

In any case, in terms of sheer number of changes? Lucario, no freaking question.
To be fair, he changed a lot in that he's not godlike easymode.

Zelda also changed quite a bit, if I hadn't mentioned her yet.

Celestis

Smash Ace
Lucas, Toon Link.

I feel like Lucas is PM's brain child. It's lik they took Lucas, A character I expected to be pcaed more like Ness and made him the next Spacie.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Bowser is the most changed Melee vet, with Zelda being second, While Lucario is the most changed Brawl vet, with Wario being second.

Last edited:

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link and Pit are pretty different. Pit has many new tools and options. Lucario and Lucas win most changed, then maybe Snake. Zelda and Link win "most improved".

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Lucario cause is turbo mode and Roy cause he has more than 2 viable moves lol

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
IMO Lucario has changed the most, not only is his moveset very different but his playstyle has totally changed from Brawl. In Brawl he's quite defensive due to his Aura mechanic rewarding him for surviving a long time, now he's a much more rushdown-oriented character since it's not primarily offense that fuels his new super system.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Rules of relativity are horrible in the comparison of Brawl MK vs PM MK.
It's like saying Hitler wasn't that bad of a guy because that Stalin guy over there murdered like 5x as many people.

I know this is an extreme example.
But SMASH IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!

Top Bottom