• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which characters do you hate fighting 1-on-1?

Nubby

Smash Cadet
Just curious who do you not like to fight? For me it's Joker and Young Link. Whenever I encounter any of them, I'm just like "Seriously? Another one?".

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
For me it's definitely Young Link and Ike. For whatever reason those two are all over Quickplay and it gets boring and repetitive o fight against them.

link2702

Smash Champion
Pichu, ness, nair spam goddess, zelda, duckhunt. As a ganon main all those characters are hell to deal with, especially pichu and ness.

MaddaD

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
:ultike:: All my mains/secondaries are close range, so actually getting in is a pain

:ultincineroar:: A good Incin will make you afraid of even getting near him or doing hard read Revenges

:ultjigglypuff:/:ultpichu:/:ultpikachu:: These three, you'll either get an opponent who is a breeze or the lovechild of ESAM and Hungrybox.

:ultisabelle:: :GCR::GCB:

:ultrosalina:: I'm kidding, this character is hot garbage

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Very small characters, particularly :ultpichu:. It's very not fun trying to hit the little electric housefly.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Zoners in general. It just doesn't feel entirely fair that they get to start with the advantage every match, meanwhile I have to keep jumping through hoops just to get a nibble in - if I even get that close to begin with. I'll probably get hate from zoner mains for saying this, but it's really what I think.
Also :ultwolf:. It really bothers me how obscenely good he is at everything and why he can get away with being as good as he is. I can't challenge him with any of my moves since he just beats them out, trying to punish him's a no-go since none of his moves have lag, and if I try playing the campy game with him, he just peppers me with lasers better than I can with any of my projectiles. I'm sorry, but "has poor recovery" is not a valid weakness for a character this strong. Hell, same applies to :ultchrom: as well, albeit to a lesser extent as I usually have an easier time fighting him.
I'm beginning to get sick of fighting :ultjoker: as well. Not only is he pretty overused as-is, but he's a pain in the ass to fight due to the fact that he builds meter off of getting hit, so he can effectively gain the advantage by being in disadvantage. How ass-backwards is that? Add to that the fact that Joker's basically guaranteed to get Arsene a minimum of once per stock (and that's without using Rebel's Guard) and that your only option when he does get Arsene is to run away for 30 seconds and pray for your life, and it's just not a fun matchup.

Last edited:
Top Bottom