• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character has the best match-up against sheik?

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
You already asked the same question earlier this month, please refrain making multiple threads for the same purpose. Regarding the question, Lucario and Meta Knight are our worst matchups.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Pikachu, meta knight, and kirby all go even or 55:45 against us.

Lucario depends on if you wanna time him out or no.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
I say characters with the best chances are mario, Rosalina, Yoshi, Meta knight, Lucario, sonic, pikachu, possibly g&w actually but that is debatable. Most of those are around 50/50 meta knight, Lucario, and yoshi i feel slightly have it in their favor.

murdey

Smash Rookie
Definitely lucario, just remember that his recovery is super easy to bouncing fish

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
How do you guys handle Bayonetta? Whats the best approach strategy wise with that MU?
Play the lamest you can ever think of, basically you have 0 reasons to approach unless you're seriously down in terms of the lead. You should pretty much always needle camp 100% of the time and only go for extremely guaranteed punishes and always beware of witch time when u do dthrow for the 50/50 because she can do a 50/50 of whether she'll witch time or airdodge or jump lol. If you think a string might NOT true combo then DON'T do it because she has a frame 1 airdodge.

And seriously, needle camp. Don't throw stray hits just cuz you're playing sheik, an ftilt at the wrong time or even a ****ing jab can be witch timed and cause you to lose the stock.

I recommend staying away from t&c and lylat and going to battlefield or dreamland, and camping under platforms. Bayonetta's main approach tools are grounded side b and aerial approaches, be it divekick or fair or nair, and she can only approach on the ground if you're standing under a platform, which is very predictable/can be reacted to and punished.

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
As a side note, we can punish her F-smash on block by dashing in for a sweetspot Upsmash. No joke, that's how slow it is.

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
Play the lamest you can ever think of, basically you have 0 reasons to approach unless you're seriously down in terms of the lead. You should pretty much always needle camp 100% of the time and only go for extremely guaranteed punishes and always beware of witch time when u do dthrow for the 50/50 because she can do a 50/50 of whether she'll witch time or airdodge or jump lol. If you think a string might NOT true combo then DON'T do it because she has a frame 1 airdodge.

And seriously, needle camp. Don't throw stray hits just cuz you're playing sheik, an ftilt at the wrong time or even a ****ing jab can be witch timed and cause you to lose the stock.

I recommend staying away from t&c and lylat and going to battlefield or dreamland, and camping under platforms. Bayonetta's main approach tools are grounded side b and aerial approaches, be it divekick or fair or nair, and she can only approach on the ground if you're standing under a platform, which is very predictable/can be reacted to and punished.
Bayonetta using witch time will actually take the same frames it would to jump. So it's still a 50-50 on her. If you're tight on the input you can uair before the witch time even comes out.

But well save all that for the bayo discussion.

OathToAwesome

Smash Cadet
Bayonetta using witch time will actually take the same frames it would to jump. So it's still a 50-50 on her. If you're tight on the input you can uair before the witch time even comes out.

But well save all that for the bayo discussion.
How much startup lag does double jump have out of tumble/hitstun/whatever state you're put in during the dthrow 50/50, anyway? I swear this should be an easy find, but it's not anywhere I can find.

D

Deleted member

:4diddy:and :4ryu:, even if they still lose. Diddy has it better though.

Illuminose

Smash Ace
I think Sheik beats Ryu pretty definitively. Ryu is a character that you have to focus on keeping out, and if you can do that the matchup isn't that hard. He has poor mobility and a linear approach that you just have to understand; the answer to the matchup is camping out. It's 55-45 at best, but if Sheik plays the matchup optimally I think it's 60-40.

The characters with the best matchups against Sheik imo are Sonic, Cloud, Pikachu, Mario, Rosa, Lucario, Diddy, and perhaps Bayonetta (we'll see how this one develops), in no particular order. These are all even or very slightly in Sheik's favor, primarily because these characters can contend in neutral, keep up or outdo in terms of punishes, and other character-specific reasons (such as not getting gimped or being better at killing).

Last edited:

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
I think Sheik beats Ryu pretty definitively. Ryu is a character that you have to focus on keeping out, and if you can do that the matchup isn't that hard. He has poor mobility and a linear approach that you just have to understand; the answer to the matchup is camping out. It's 55-45 at best, but if Sheik plays the matchup optimally I think it's 60-40.

The characters with the best matchups against Sheik imo are Sonic, Cloud, Pikachu, Mario, Rosa, Lucario, Diddy, and perhaps Bayonetta (we'll see how this one develops), in no particular order. These are all even or very slightly in Sheik's favor, primarily because these characters can contend in neutral, keep up or outdo in terms of punishes, and other character-specific reasons (such as not getting gimped or being better at killing).

I can't call your opinion wrong if it's a opinion... But maaaan I really want to.

Topskunium

Smash Rookie
Honestly, I hate the DK matchup, because of how easily and early he kills with ding dong. Same goes for Ryu, but because of true Shoryuken reads. Both characters are super pressuring to play, and I always switch to Marth for them, although the situation might not be much improved. I would consider these to be among the few matchups that are bad for Sheik aswell.

Top Bottom