• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Capcom character would you like to see in Ultimate (no echoes)

Choose your character

• Total voters

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Following the last two poll threads about characters from a particular company, I'd like to see the opinion of users regarding Capcom characters.

Now, I know that we already have two characters from this company already, but at the same time, there's a lot of characters from there that people still want and some are pretty popular in gaming.

As for me, I'd go for Monster Hunter, because of all the weapons and armours that could be featured in the game. If not, Dante would be my second choice.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Resident Evil is the only big Capcom franchise not in Smash yet.

Wouldn't mind seeing Chris/Leon alts/echoes of each other, with Spenser's Mansion and the iconic RE4 village as stages

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice
Top pick would be Dante but i’d be down with Chun Li, Ammy, Leon Kennedy, Chris Redfield or Zero

PlasmaSnow12

Smash Cadet
If I couldn't pick a mega man character, I'd definitely choose Amaterasu.
However, if I _could_ pick I character from the mega man games, I'd choose Vent/Aile from ZX
I love the idea of a character who changes movesets in the middle of a match, and I think they would be a fantastic character to do that.

They gain the ability to merge with an artifact called a biometal. They can merge with Model X, who represents X from the X series, though mostly him in the Zero series. People must be compatible with the biometal, otherwise they wont be able to merge.
Model X also grants them a very special ability, to copy any other biometal in the user's possession, effectively allowing them to use any of them.

So, in gameplay terms...
Hold Down Special to rotate through a ring floating around you representing the forms you can take, or press down special to quickly change to the next form.
That'd be 5 whole different forms jeez.
Zero, Harpuia, Fenrir, Leviathan, and Phantom
X isn't included mostly because I wouldn't want him to clash with Mega Man, and also because there isn't much resources to pull a moveset together for that form, haha.

Sorry this got a bit out of hand, but I just felt a little explanation of the character was in order.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Jill Valentine. While Leon would be cool too, she's the most iconic one out of all the Resident Evil protagonists you can't deny.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I want to see Leon S Kennedy in smash ultimate more than any other Capcom Rep.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The only Capcom rep I really care about now is Phoenix Wright.

Ace Attorney is so closely linked to Nintendo as a series, first appearing on the gameboy advance back in 2001.

Plus it would mean a whole collection of Ace Attorney music would get added to Smash. That would be amazing.

(Second choice would probably be Amaterasu, but I'm not that bothered about her getting in)

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Amaterasu has my choice. Very fitting for Smash, and Okami was a legendary game. Played it on the Wii, and it took my breath away. Awesome game, and likeable character overall.

Second choice is Monster Hunter.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
I had to go with the SF main Chun-Li. I'm also cool with choices such as Amaterasu, Dante, Jill Valentine, Leon, Viewtiful Joe, and a Monster Hunter character.

A complete left field Capcom choice that I would love to see in Smash is someone from Powerstone, Rival Schools, and Darkstalkers.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I feel like there's enough potential Capcom characters to make an entire Smash-like game with nothing but Capcom representatives (or a Nintendo vs. Capcom game), but if I had to pick one, I'd go with Dante from Devil May Cry.

He may not have the strongest connection to Nintendo (about as much as Cloud), but he would be a TON of fun to play as, even if they limited his moveset to just weapons from 1, 3, or 4.

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Amaterasu gets my vote. For anybody that played Okami, you would know that she has incredible moveset potential and would be an amazing addition to the roster.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Street Fighter series = Chun-Li

Okami series = Amaterasu

Ghosts 'n Goblins series = Arthur

Final Fight series = Mike Haggar

Breath of Fire series = Ryu (from the first game)

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
I voted for Other
My Character choice is Lord Raptor from Darkstalkers
I also support Cody,Hakan,G,Rashid,Dhalsim,Dudley
Sasquatch,Victor,Rikuo
Katt,Rand,Jean,Sten,Bow(Breath Of Fire 2)
Sigma,Phoenix Wright,Harp Note
GutsmanEXE, NumbermanEXE, SharkmanEXE ,Killerman/ErasemanEXE ,VideomanEXE BowlmanEXE,LasermanEXE,CosmomanEXE

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Given that I've been playing through Okami HD on Switch, I would love to see Amaterasu, or Clover studios' Viewtiful Joe - and also Dante for the middle-finger to DmC Dante in All-Stars (and hopeful DMC Switch ports)......

But truthfully, I want Leon above these.
For me, he represents a defining entry in the Gamecube's library that revolutionised third-person shooters such as Gears of War - whether you like RE4 as a Resident Evil game, or how it changed the franchise, you can't deny it's success as a shooter. Personally, it was my entry into the RE franchise and easily one of my favourite Gamecube games, and Leon represents that for me over Chris Redfield.
But we shall see - I'd be happy for Amaterasu, Joe, Dante or Leon

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
Palico > Hunter

I have nothing of substance to add to that

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I want Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Featuring Dante From The Devil May Cry Series(TM)

Memes aside, we’ll also get some pretty dope music Devil Trigger pls

LuisSLS_HQ

Smash Rookie
I would love Phoenix or Leon.

But my vote will be always for Frank West.

HORDES OF ZOMBIES
ON THE HORIZON
WHO YOU GONNA CALL
WHEN THE DEAD ARE RISING

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If I'm totally biased, Mega Man X, as a unique character, though that wouldn't likely happen, but might as well put in the vote for him.

Among the named choices, I guess Phoenix, since he's the closest to Nintendo. And I know people that would like him.

Last edited:

JCSuperCell

Smash Rookie
I know she'd never happen, but gimme Tron Bonne. People love mega man legends, the first game did get an n64 port and was supposed to have the 3rd game on 3ds. She could easily fit with her moveset from mvc3, with beacon bomb's, bonne strike, bandit boulder, gustaff fire, servbots, bonne mixer command grab and just general moves would easily fit. And to top it off, girl's got an evo moment.

Ardisan

Smash Rookie
I dont think any of these characters would really add much new to Smash other than just being there but of course that's my opinion. I think I'll just vote other, like Tron Bonne or Sir Arthur.

SIAD

Smash Rookie
I dont think any of these characters would really add much new to Smash other than just being there but of course that's my opinion. I think I'll just vote other, like Tron Bonne or Sir Arthur.
Amaterasu wouldn’t add much new but a medieval knight would?

NukeA6

Smash Master
The one I want is an assist trophy and the same guy that Vergeben claimed would be playable.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sir Arthur would be awesome.

We could get Ghosts n Goblins stage and Firebrand from Gargoyle's Quest as Assist Trophy.

But what do people mean when they say Character X wouldn't add much new? Add what exactly?

SIAD

Smash Rookie
Sir Arthur would be awesome.

We could get Ghosts n Goblins stage and Firebrand from Gargoyle's Quest as Assist Trophy.

But what do people mean when they say Character X wouldn't add much new? Add what exactly?
Oh, don’t get me wrong— I think he would be a great character. I just find it strange to immediately discount all the unique, creative characters on the poll like Amaterasu and then immediately say that a generic knight character would be better.
“Adding something new” would probably be bringing a moveset or playstyle that is unique or interesting in some way. I don’t really know why Arthur blows all the poll options out of the water in that regard.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Realistically speaking, Ammy, Phoenix Wright, and Monster Hunter seems plausible.

But if I got to pick a cool Capcom rep with awesome moveset potential, it'd be someone obscure like Yellow Iris (from Battle Circuit) or Ruby Heart (MvC2). Heck, even a Lost Planet rep.

Last edited:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Ruby Heart (MvC2).
Ah, I see you're a person of culture as well.

I know she has zero support by the Smash community as a Smash character but how popular is she as a Capcom character? I remember from watching a MvC2 stream by Maximilian dood, a year or two ago where he was talking about how Ruby was the main character for the story, and showing a lot of concept art for the game.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
HENSHIN-A-GO-GO, BABY! Viewtiful Joe would fit in beautifully to the crazy world of Smash.

Last edited:

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
I'd really love Amaterasu (my pick, underappreciated masterpiece, Okami's easily one of the best games of all time), Dante and Viewtyful Joe in Smash.

But i'd much rather have Sakurai closing some of the First Party Gaps the Roster still has before he takes on another Third. And evem then i could imagine some even better Third Party Characters than those Capcom has to offer.

And i adore the original Phoenix Wright Trilogy, but he is just such a weird pick for a fighting game. I know he worked in marvel vs capcom, just as Wii fit trainer, to name another weird pick, works for smash. But isn't using a spot for him, that could have been used for a char with actual Moveset Potential, not wasted potential?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Dante is the one that sticks out to me the most. I love hack and slash and he'd make for a fun character to contrast Bayonetta.

Amaterasu is the only other one of slight interest, but not nearly as much. At least directly on the poll. Jill Valentine and Zero would both be neat on their own merits.

Ardisan

Smash Rookie
I'm mostly looking at their movesets from the MvC games and I dont personally see anything that stands out to me other than a few minor things.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Ah, I see you're a person of culture as well.

I know she has zero support by the Smash community as a Smash character but how popular is she as a Capcom character? I remember from watching a MvC2 stream by Maximilian dood, a year or two ago where he was talking about how Ruby was the main character for the story, and showing a lot of concept art for the game.
She's not iconic, but she's had a couple of cameos outside of MvC2 2 and she has a character based off of her in the Street Fighter universe. At best, she'd be a nice representation of Capcom's golden age of 2D sprite crossover fighting games. Though a French speaking, anchor/whip wielding, ghost-throwing pirate captain that uses magical artifacts and pilots a giant ship is undoubtedly awesome. Therefore, she'd make a great Smash character, as far as her moveset and uniqueness is concerned.

Btw, she was my main in MvC2 2 (alongside Morrigan); it's a shame that she wasn't in any entries after that.

Last edited:

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Pheonix Wright

Though I'd doubt that they could give him the moveset from Marvel Vs Capcom; as THAT'S A VERY DIFFERENT TYPE OF FIGHTING GAME than SSBU. . . though it WOULD be cool to see them use the Judge's Overrule Hammer bash from that game as a Final Smash; I'm not sure sakurai could implement that Investigative Evidence-searching moveset in Smash; so Maybe THAT'S why he's not a playable character; alongside his Own Personal Preferences(that's most likely WHY Waluigi will always be an assist trophy; Honestly, I Stopped caring about the purple beanpole since the people kept harrassing Sakurai about him. . . due to how utterly ungrateful they are)

though I WOULD love to see a Nintendo vs Capcom Game; I Wonder how Nintendo's Characters would work in a Traditional Fight game; especially a Tag-team Fighting game. . . I Mean they couldn't just use their Smash moves; since it's not the same type of fighting game; Vs Capcom fighting games, aren't like the Sumo-esque Battles of smash, where the main goal is to force the other player off-screen or into a bottomless pit; It's to drain their health bar down to 0, and the stage has no pits for either player to fall in, and only 2 players at a time, as part of 2 teams. . . It'd take a LOT of Brainstorming to figure out how to properly implement the Nintendo Characters to play good, and feel good playing them; Honestly; even if it WERE Greenlit. . . Tekken Vs Street Fighter is STILL In Development HFIL. . . And I bet if Nintendo vs Capcom were to be made; It'd take even longer. . .

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Dante.
It's about time the creator and master of the genre makes his Smash Debut.
20190416_234505.jpg

Top Bottom