• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which buttons do you never use?

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Which buttons do you never use in your control scheme?

For me, I use the gamecube pad and never use the R button ever, always the L button.

I also never use the Y button, always the X button to jump.

Buttons I rarely use are Z (i only use it to throw items, I used to grab with it, but I now do it with shield and A) and the C stick (for certain characters)

Spire

III
BRoomer
I have never used X to jump; always Y. Easy for my thumb to cover both A and Y.

And for the record, I never use the C-stick nor have I ever been a user of it.

Esoteric

Smash Apprentice
X.

I use the default control scheme with tap jump off. I never ever ever use X though. Poor thing.

Azumouse

Smash Cadet
I never use the X button, but i use the Y button for easier short hopping, i dont use the L button, i use R
instead.
So i use every thing but X and L

:peach:

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
I use everything but Y and R.

Different spectrum much?

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I use the default control scheme (yes, tap jump is on). Sometimes I play Peach with B stick and tap jump on.

I never use y for anything, very rarely use L.

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
i can tell you which i ALWAYS use, the button on my pants. i love to play with my genitalia exposed and sometimes i even press the start button on the character select screen with my genitalia. its a form of respect to my opponents, and also very effective.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
I use dpad more than y or l, lol... Taunting is addictive.
xD

i can tell you which i ALWAYS use, the button on my pants. i love to play with my genitalia exposed and sometimes i even press the start button on the character select screen with my genitalia. its a form of respect to my opponents, and also very effective.
..............*shakes head*

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
As i told you in the 4th of July thread...yougot some issues. It wasn't funny then and it sure as hell isn't funny now. It's just sad and disturbing so quit it.

On topic i have never used Y to jump. I've always used X since Melee.

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
As i told you in the 4th of July thread...yougot some issues. It wasn't funny then and it sure as hell isn't funny now. It's just sad and disturbing so quit it.

On topic i have never used Y to jump. I've always used X since Melee.
y u H473 on teh G3N174LZ?:confused: iz wuv teh G3N174LZ

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
L, I never use it.

Y I only use to Thunderstorm or w/e it's called with Ganondorf and the other chars who can use that effectively.

Majora_X

Smash Cadet
I tap jump! :(

Plus my 'a' button jams, so I'm a Cticker.
L trigger is just too far away.

No need for A, X, L, or Y!

Jake - ***** =/= button. I learned that the hard way.

iEatPikmin

Smash Journeyman
I set 'x' to grab, but I still don't use it.:ohwell: I forget whether I use 'R' or not. I don't use C-stick, either. Tap jump is off on my control scheme.

Demon_Fox

Smash Apprentice
I don't use Y. Using X to jump seems easier to me.
I don't use L either. I once tried using it for specials instead of B but it doesn't work for me.
I rarely use Z. I mostly grab with R+A but sometimes the old habit comes back.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I use L button cause all my left hand does is move and taunt, my right hand has enough to do, so spredin the finger love is more efficient for me.

and i never use up to jump, except with meta knight.

holding up and pressing a many times ftw

swypa101

Smash Apprentice
for me i never use the R

or the Z

or Y

i like using X to short hop because all you have to do is slide your finger of the but and onto the A for an easy Nair

Luigi player

Smash Master
I rarely use R, and nearly never Y. In Melee I sometimes double jumped by pressing X+Y at the same time. I like that, but it doesn't work in Brawl, I have to release one of the two so the other one works, so I don't use it anymore. I could probably change it to something useful, like maybe grabbing...

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
I don't use the C-stick. I've been used to doing smash attack without the C-stick. Plus people that I played around back then spammed the C-stick...

I don't use the Y either. And I rarely use the L button.

Top Bottom