• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Bowser alt costume do you use and why?

Which Bowser alt costume do you use and why

• Total voters

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
I like his grey because it makes him look like his skeletal form every time Mario tossed him into lava

Cronoc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cronoc
Grey (better described as Swag/Bling Bowser) is the only real answer. The title of this thread should actually be "What Bowser color do you use, and if it's not bling Bowser please explain yourself." No Bowser swags harder. I admit there is some ego involved in playing swag Bowser. I accept that some people can't bear the responsibility of swagging on opponents, or feel insecure when considering how totally sweet Bowser looks in this color and think their play can't possibly live up to the king of koopas' finest war paint. But there is no question which is the best.

Smash 4 is to the WWE as Bling Bowser is to John Cena.
Clicked that link? Yeah, I thought that picture was weird too. But it's on topic.

Everything in this post is a fact, even the opinions. Prove me wrong... you can't.

Last edited:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I use the blonde one for a few reasons. Primarily because I've been using the Grey colored Bowser for years; got sick of it. I think after 2009 I switched from the Black costume to that one. After I saw that (blonde) color in the Smash 4 demo, I said I was going to use it.

I mean, I like it, yeah--but a lot of his other costumes are really bad as well. There aren't too many options. If you're not using costume 1, 2, 3, 6 or MAAAAAYBE 5 (it really looks terrible in this game) you kind of lose me at that point...and I probably don't take you seriously.

The colors on that blonde one blend the best imo aside from the default looking costumes, and even then I actually don't really like Bowser's default colors/Bowletta costume (it's literally the SAME thing. Still irritated by that). I can't remember the last time I used Bowser's default colors in a smash game.

They kind of trashed the black Bowser because his hair is orange now instead of blood red, and all of the other ones have really strong colors that don't really blend well.

Compared to the version in Brawl, this Grey one looks like trash; there are noticeable differences.

Also primarily because my waifu (Sena) is blonde and I usually tend to enjoy blonde female characters in anime more for some reason. I actually hate blondes irl.

The 4th one, the all green/retro is a sleeper pick for my next favorite. It's actually pretty dope despite how bad it looks lol. But yeah a lot of Bowser's alternate costumes are really bad. It's really not that hard to **** up a turtle's alternative costumes. I'd like to think that they had it right in Brawl basically, but Smash 4s color style just doesn't lend itself well to Bowser I guess

Last edited:

Lakuto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lakutos
I use Blonde hair because of Dio Brando from JoJo. Wryyyyyy

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I use the black one because it most resembles his Melee alt. To me, they ruined his alts. They looked so crisp in Melee...

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
I used the blonde costume and called him Vegetowser for his immense power and pride
Dbz fans give a holler!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Alternate between Melee Black, Pink Hair and Red.

Really miss all of his old colors that got swept under the rug. Used Copper Bowser in Brawl, and SMW/Blue in Melee.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
I was default for a few weeks until my friend pointed out that pink hair makes him look like Link from A Link to the Past. I guess I was enamored by the joke because I don't use any other color.

I have to say that Bowser looks really good with blue skin. He really pops with that color scheme, and I think that one would be a must for any Bowser duo team.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
I always have been the grey one since Brawl, I dont have any reason except I think its the nicest one.

_Rated D.R.K_

Smash Apprentice
That's probably the thing I struggle with the most in this game, Bowser's colors. Something seems a bit off about them. I dunno lol. Haven't really settled on one yet, but I dig the Incredible Koopa green, Valentine's Day, and Punk Pink.

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
Always rocking the Super Saiyan color, fits the beast mode vibe of the color if you're a few stocks behind.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I like Pink Hair Bowser. It suits him but his skin is a bit too bright a green.

Other than that, Super Saiyan and Chocolate Brown are my next two favourites alongside original.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Bowser is pretty cool too.

Both Red and Blue Bowser are too bright and I only use them occasionally in singles and in doubles.

Grey is just outright bad, soz.

pitfall356

Smash Apprentice
I roll Retro Bowser. Swag is fine and Saiyan is cool, but I don't really care for the other costumes.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Default because they got rid of my favorite one from Brawl and I don't like any of the new ones.

Boozer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevilBoozer
3DS FC
4124-5214-3831
i used to use the default skin but then i saw the light and ascended to super sand koopa scoopa C:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Tend to mainly stick with his Black alt, most of the time (although it looks a bit more Brown this time around, probably not as Brown as his Brown alt was in Brawl.)

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
The default is just so vibrant and awesome-looking that I rarely stray away from it. Will sometimes pick the Nicki Minaj palette when I want to be different.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I use Blonde hair because of Dio Brando from JoJo. Wryyyyyy
In before Dio himself arrives and starts dropping tractors on everyone along with bulldozers (no wonder I get a Dio/SSJ ref when using Yellow Bowser, now I wanna see Yellow Bowser start dropping tractors and dozers on every character in the current Smash Bros roster just for lulz).

No wonder JoJo's Bizarre Adventures is soo bizarre, because anything can be spawned at random.

Last edited:

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
I usually run stock Bowser skin, but my favorite alternate is Melee/Giga Black. It's just a super sleek skin as opposed to most of the others. I'm partial to Grey, Blue and Punk, but they'll never be as good as default and Black imo.

Kooky Koopa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koopa1989
3DS FC
4184-2976-0132
I've always used Bowser's default costume since the beginning. The alt colours weren't really my cup of tea and I'm quite happy with Bowser's normal look.

Last edited:
Top Bottom