• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Battlefield alts are you most looking forward to?

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I really liked the idea of Omega stages and how Sakurai was at least attempting to give every stage a competitive alternative. It's a little sad that it didn't work out but it seems to be coming back in a big way in Ultimate. I'm even more excited about every stage getting its own Battlefield variation too since that seems to be the preferred stage from a competitive standpoint.

So since we know almost every stage is coming back, and every stage gets an alt skin for Battlefield (and technically FD too but it looks to be Battlefield without the platforms), which ones are you looking the most forward to going to?

For me, probably the one I'm most excited about is Boxing Ring. I love the stages that take place inside actual stadiums as it just ups the competitive vibe even more. Since the Pokemon Stadiums are most likely going to get their time to shine with hazards off, it'll be really cool to be on Battlefield with this giant screen in the background.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Palutena’s Temple and Green Hill Zone (would say Rainbow Road and Delfino Plaza aswell, but they don’t really need it)

Grizzexploder

Smash Apprentice
green greens battlefield form=dream land

Nah, just kidding, probably Final Destination

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Green Hill Zone, because it's battlefield arrangement will almost be the original boss platform arrangement vs Robotnik/Eggman there. Except with a bonus platform at the top.

Also Great Bay.

Next Door Dog

Smash Apprentice
Some that come to mind: Temple, Great Cave Offensive, Spear Pillar, Fourside, Kongo Falls, New Pork City, Warioware, Shadow Moses Island.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Every franchise with a soundtrack that I love has at least one or two stages that I play on regularly. Gaur Plains however, sucks. Even as a casual stage, I think the layout is horrendous. I've never cared much for FD either, so that will easily be the most played Battlefield variant for me.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
It's largely about which music plays on the stage to me, so may have to wait until release when I know exactly which song is in which stage. The DKC stages are the immediate frontrunners though.

haunt

Smash Rookie
The music from Temple, Pokemon Stadium and Fourside make those seem super fun to play.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Magicant because it's my favorite stage.

I predicted Magicant would happen. No one believed me.

Kaberman

Smash Rookie
Orbital Gate Assault was always my favorite Omega stage, looking forward to having it as a Battlefield stage too.

So pretty!

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
Fourside is the big one, but I'm also looking forward to Battlefield Prism Tower, Saffron City, Gaur Plain and Princess Peach's Castle.

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I just remembered, I'm really looking forward to seeing what Big Blue looks like as Battlefield.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I want to see all of them, but ones I am especially excited to see are these.

Battlefield ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Final Destination
Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1
Luigi's Mansion
75m

Mario Bros
Hyrule Castle
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Both Pokémon Stadiums
Unova Pokémon League
Kalos Pokémon League
Spear Pillar
Arena Ferox
Port Town Aero Dive

Flat Zone X
Suzaku Castle
Shadow Moses Island
Umbra Clock Tower

Pictochat
Hanebrow

Colors symbolize Confirmed and Unconfirmed as of July 28th, 2018.

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I’m looking forward to seeing what items from each stage stay in the background, like the laboratory from Great Bay. Here’s hoping we get more breakable Suzaku Castle signs :)

Lucas Storey

Smash Cadet
I want to see all of them, but ones I am especially excited to see are these.

Battlefield ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Final Destination
Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1
Luigi's Mansion
75m

Mario Bros
Hyrule Castle
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Both Pokémon Stadiums
Unova Pokémon League
Kalos Pokémon League
Spear Pillar
Arena Ferox
Port Town Aero Dive

Flat Zone X
Suzaku Castle
Shadow Moses Island
Umbra Clock Tower

Pictochat
Hanebrow

Colors symbolize Confirmed and Unconfirmed as of July 28th, 2018.
Mario Bros.? Yet another person whom understands Smash bros. and gaming.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
More stages I was thinking of.

Super Mario Maker
Gerudo Valley

Poké Floats
Distant Planet
Boxing Ring
Smashville
Green Hill Zone

Windy Hill Zone
Living Room
Tomodachi Life

Probably a stupid question by the way, but what would the Battlefield versions be called? The Final Destination versions are called Ω (Omega) forms. Maybe using a Greek letter to keep consistency?
Α (Alpha)
Β (Beta)
Γ (Gamma)
Σ (Sigma)
Δ (Delta)

Last edited:

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
More stages I was thinking of.

Super Mario Maker
Gerudo Valley

Poké Floats
Distant Planet
Boxing Ring
Smashville
Green Hill Zone

Windy Hill Zone
Living Room
Tomodachi Life

Probably a stupid question by the way, but what would the Battlefield versions be called? The Final Destination versions are called Ω (Omega) forms. Maybe using a Greek letter to keep consistency?
Α (Alpha)
Β (Beta)
Γ (Gamma)
Σ (Sigma)
Δ (Delta)
Judging by the E3 presentation, they're just calling them Battlefield forms. I always thought they should be called Alpha stages.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
It's probably a temporary name though. I highly doubt they will stick with the long name of Battlefield form as opposed to one that requires the word "form" and only one extra character.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I can’t remember how Sakurai presented them in the time before Smash 4 was released, but I’m pretty sure the name Omega came later.

If it stays Battlefield I’m cool with it, but going with the Greek alphabet theme I’d either go with alpha or delta because of their shapes. Beta has different connotations when technology is involved.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I can’t remember how Sakurai presented them in the time before Smash 4 was released, but I’m pretty sure the name Omega came later.

If it stays Battlefield I’m cool with it, but going with the Greek alphabet theme I’d either go with alpha or delta because of their shapes. Beta has different connotations when technology is involved.
Delta would be cool. It has three sides as Battlefield has three platforms. I am not understanding what you mean about Alpha having different shape though? It looks identical to the English letter A.

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Just that A looks like a triangle too. Plus the whole “alpha and omega” thing :)

I was just thinking that Summit should look pretty cool too, and if that rumored Minecraft stage gets in.

Top Bottom