• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where's Luigi and Captain Falcon???

NintendoGX159

Smash Cadet
I'm a Captain Falcon and Luigi fan. In about another month and a half, Brawl comes out. but It's been a while since Sakurai announced new characters, and he hasn't announced any characters from the original SSB for quite a while. Since Ness and Jigglypuff are not confirmed, I fear for Falcon and Luigi.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
*throws a bucket of chicken*

Are you seriously worried about Luigi and Captain Falcon while Megaman, Isaac, Krystal, Ridley, Claus etc fans are about 2 days away from seeing their character dreams dashed to dust? .... Regardless, there's a retardly high chance that both characters will be unlockable.

*throws a summer squash upon leaving*

They're hidden! How do people not realize that the Dojo only shows us the starting roster (and Snake and Sonic)? We won't see hidden characters before the release, no matter how obvious they are. Jeese, don't worry.

And for the record, Jigglypuff and Ness (as well as Lucario) are 100% confirmed, just not officially.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion

Are you seriously worried about Luigi and Captain Falcon while Megaman, Isaac, Krystal, Ridley, Claus etc fans are about 2 days away from seeing their character dreams dashed to dust? .... Regardless, there's a retardly high chance that both characters will be unlockable.

Bolded for truth lol

S2

Smash Lord
Its pretty obvious that all 4 secret characters from the original Smash are once again locked as secret characters.

I think Sakurai took the approach of making most of the new characters available from the start so that people could enjoy the game fresh, and then make many of the old favorites unlockables.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
I have an inside source at Nintendo who told me that Captain Falcon and Luigi are both out. Sorry.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I have an inside source at Nintendo who told me that Captain Falcon and Luigi are both out. Sorry.
Very, VERY funny. Luigi puts the 'Bros' into 'Super Smash Bros'.
And Captain Falcon has to be in.
I mean, look at the symbol on the Samurai Goroh AT. The fact that it was a Falcon says something, as if Goroh was going to be the only F-Zero element in the game, the logo I'd imagine would have been based around him.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
I'm a Captain Falcon and Luigi fan. In about another month and a half, Brawl comes out. but It's been a while since Sakurai announced new characters, and he hasn't announced any characters from the original SSB for quite a while. Since Ness and Jigglypuff are not confirmed, I fear for Falcon and Luigi.
How about before you start posting on this forum you leark for a couple of hundred months? Please, for the sake of everyone else.

fuzzy4

Smash Cadet
Long time back Sakurai stated that the Original 12 characters would return. (the true veterans)

The four unconfirmed are

Falcon- The only rep of F-Zero, no one could replace him as an alternative rep in the smash brothers series. Why would the remove a veteran, especially one representing a unique franchise.
Luigi-He put the Bros' in Smash Bros'. Thank you ROOOOY!.
Jiggly-Semi-confirmed (I'm skeptical) Unique gameplay, veteran, and his popularity SKYROCKETED after the release of the original smash brothers. How could they remove such a cute and cuddly puffball?
Ness-Semi-confirmed (again with the skepticism) Veteran, always been the only rep for Earthbound, unique gameplay...Also, if it makes sense to put in Jiggly, Falcon, and Luigi (which it does), then it woud NOT make sense to remove 1 veteran. I know people claim lucas has replaced him but it just wouldn't make sense. And is lucas a clone of Ness? It seems as much, but I would like to think these two will offer very different playstyles.

Fact is, Sakurai has stated hundreds and hundreds of times that Melee was rushed, he didn't have the time he wanted or needed to really perfect the game, but as stated in his interview, he has had all the resources and the best teammembers and ALL the time in the world to get this game right...he's not going to slump and disappoint the countless numbers of Falcon and Luigi fans. I can all but guarantee that.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Long time back Sakurai stated that the Original 12 characters would return. (the true veterans)

The four unconfirmed are

Falcon- The only rep of F-Zero, no one could replace him as an alternative rep in the smash brothers series. Why would the remove a veteran, especially one representing a unique franchise.
Luigi-He put the Bros' in Smash Bros'. Thank you ROOOOY!.
Jiggly-Semi-confirmed (I'm skeptical) Unique gameplay, veteran, and his popularity SKYROCKETED after the release of the original smash brothers. How could they remove such a cute and cuddly puffball?
Ness-Semi-confirmed (again with the skepticism) Veteran, always been the only rep for Earthbound, unique gameplay...Also, if it makes sense to put in Jiggly, Falcon, and Luigi (which it does), then it woud NOT make sense to remove 1 veteran. I know people claim lucas has replaced him but it just wouldn't make sense. And is lucas a clone of Ness? It seems as much, but I would like to think these two will offer very different playstyles.

Fact is, Sakurai has stated hundreds and hundreds of times that Melee was rushed, he didn't have the time he wanted or needed to really perfect the game, but as stated in his interview, he has had all the resources and the best teammembers and ALL the time in the world to get this game right...he's not going to slump and disappoint the countless numbers of Falcon and Luigi fans. I can all but guarantee that.
Sakurai never once stated that the original 12 were returning (just as he never said there'd be a certain number of characters in the game, or that Brawl wouldn't have any clones, and so on).

Atomic Religion

Smash Cadet
Dude, come on....... if they arent in AT LEAST you got to play as them in Melee!!! Us Ridley, Megaman, Geno ETC. fans are just hoping our favorite character gets MENTIONED right now. (Boss, Assist Trophy, Sticker )

So dont bring me your problems man......

Atomic Religion

Smash Cadet
Dude, come on....... if they arent in AT LEAST you got to play as them in Melee!!! Us Ridley, Megaman, Geno ETC. fans are just hoping our favorite character gets MENTIONED right now. (Boss, Assist Trophy, Sticker )

So dont bring me your problems man......

That video was from Nintendo, how can you be skeptical?

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Hello, and welcome to SWF! Please use the search function to look for topics that may have already been posted. Whether every character will return is a highly speculated topic, and using the search function helps reduce clutter on the boards. Happy posting!

(We'll know in two days, when the game comes out in Japan, so don't worry. They're practically guaranteed.)

Davy Jones

Smash Ace

Why only 2 days?

Davy Jones

Smash Ace

Why only 2 days?

Top Bottom