• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where would you rank DK at this stage?

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
I'll give my two cents. DK is, as said multiple times here, a solid Mid tier feeling character. He's got a good kit for handling people offstage, good throws, decent recovery, and good tilts/options for spacing and punishing. The only time I just wanna get up and slap that monkey is when he gets hit with stuff because he's so damn big.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
He could even be towards the lower end of the middle tier though. If you think about it, how many characters can you name that are definitely worse than Dk? I can name maybe 5 or 6 or so. I'd like others to give a list of characters they feel are def. worse than Dk.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
After looking at the characters, including the ones never used like pikachu and olimar among others, I can name 10 Dk is probably better than. Then you have a bunch of mid-ish feeling characters and of course the Mid to high tier ones that everyone online uses.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
I'm sticking to what I said back in october, DK is around 15-25ish, right around the bottom of the top 1/3

TastyCarcass

Smash Apprentice
I think DK is matchup dependent. He translates to the new edgeguarding/trumping game extremely well, but that doesn't apply well to some opponents (Pikachu for example).

That doesn't mean he's useless against those characters, as he has plenty of kill moves. He doesn't have many combos but his attacks do enough damage to make up for that.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I would agree he's very matchup dependant. Some characters DK eats for breakfast, others he has a really hard time with. Do I think he's viable? Absolutely. But if one wants to take DK to tournaments I'd definitely reccomend a secondary for those tough matchups.

Lime Cultivist

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-3457-2010
I'd say mid tier at best.
I like fighting him as Puff, and I definitely think he struggles against fast characters like Pika and Sonic.
No matter how much heavy characters are buffed it doesn't seem like they'll be quite as good as their faster counterparts.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Bottom tier, but unlike Mii Swordfighter, he's still usable. You need a lot of practice to use DK effectively.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
Dk is lower end of mid tier IMO, but he also can do very well vs sheik IMHO. Has a lot of trouble vs other characters though, which is why he's ranked that low.

Top Bottom