• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where would you place Lucario on the tier list?

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
I'll show you on my tier list (NOTE: characters are NOT ordered left to right! I don't think Isabelle is the worst character in the game or that Inkling isn't Top 20, it's meant to be a general placement of characters.)
Tier List 700.png
As you can see, not great for Lucario (between #54 and #64). I think its harder for Lucario to make use of its aura, with the max aura and rage being toned down and Lucario being lighter. It can be difficult to recover in this game due to Extreme Speed's controls, and I feel its kill confirms aren't very reliable. It does have some strengths, like aura can in some situations be deadly, B-reversing aura sphere as well as ASC helping its neutral, and has good results thanks to players like Tsu (though he's using Lucario less in favour of Terry).

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I can relate & understand what anyone's input about Lucario would be. The character's hard to play, & the turnout reward for playing the character well is not always given justice you deserved like in past titles.

But no matter what, the character's mid-tier. You can't be a low tier character, or a top tier character with the way Aura's designed, & how some of Lucario's move-set is currently designed with flaws.

JoeZegers

Smash Cadet
As a Lucario main, I think he's underrated.
However, no matter how good my smash main is to me, he ain't always perfect.
Overall, Lucario may be a mid-tier due to minor problems with aura and his final smash, but I've gotten around that. You just need to know when and if you need to turn it up to 11.
:ultlucario:

Last edited:
Top Bottom