• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where would you place Jigglypuff on a tier list

Where would you put Jigglypuff on a tier list

• Top Tier

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • High Tier

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • In Between High Tier and Middle Tier

• Upper Mid Tier

• Mid Tier

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Lower Mid Tier

Votes: 23 21.9%
  • Low Tier

Votes: 21 20.0%
  • Bottom Tier

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • Worst Character

Votes: 15 14.3%

• Total voters

Furret24

Smash Master
That's seriously depressing. If Jigglypuff hasn't really been buffed from brawl then something needs to change.
I still don't get why she's the only low/bottom tier character who's still yet to be buffed, even after 5 patches.

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
I'd say it's debatable whether she actually got buffed from Brawl. Sure Rest and bair are better, but at the cost of having a much weaker shield, even worse ground game, a massive nerf to Rollout, worse recovery, and a nerfed aerial game due to an overall buff to recovery and ledge mechanics.
and what really sucks donkey balls is that Jigglypuff has barely been getting buffed since the release of the game. She's like Dedede where she was low tier around the release, but everybody around her has been getting buffed and she's stayed almost the exact same. She might even be bottom tier now until Sakurai starts to give her some attention. Dapuffster was a Puff main in Brawl and he dropped her because she was so bad. The only consistant Puff main right now is Serynder who almost never goes outside of Xanadu tourneys. Today is a dark day for Jiggs.

Furret24

Smash Master
King Dedede hasn't been buffed either.

Which makes matter even worse.
Can't believe I forgot about him.

Atleast he's better than bottom tier, despite getting...nerfed of all things, which is more than what can be said for Jiggles. :/

DarkK

Smash Apprentice
Some would argue that Puff was NERFED from Brawl, which I might even consider a possibility at this point.

Puff was fun to play in Brawl, but she's not in 4 outside of extremely, let's-go-bad-characters-guys casual play.

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
Jigglypuff is interesting in this game...

Real good players or previous good players of the smash 4 puff know of her hidden potential, but if you look at every character in the game, she falls just short of everyone. You can't be optimistic, and look at everything she can possibly do, and put her at high, or even high-mid or just mid...

Jigglypuff to me is the most interesting low tier (also what I voted) on the tier list. A lot of players compare her to melee and how much worse she is, and brawl to how similar she is, probably creating a more negative look on her. She also doesn't have any really powerful representatives quite yet (though an uprising is brewing), and the world thinks her absolute best is probably space around fairs, and GET DAT REST AWWHHHHH YEAH!! (And also Hungrybox, who is good, but I don't think he's quite with the current meta of Jigglypuff). Because of that false image, she is often a character used for heavy disrespect, especially where I'm from, and it almost offends me that people think of her that way to the charcter I love and the charcter I know can be way more than no threat, unless you're bad, and then humiliated. Heavily disrespectful characters are considered the worst characters in the game, and even some top players put her as the absolute worst any charcter could get, but this cannot be true. A lot of people play her for fun, but not competitively enough to play her well, and listen to the communities thoughts, and don't try anything new, and look on how we get no buffs, or learn the new things.

The other side of this placement has problem due to some of the mains. They often focus in all the amazing Jigglypuff has, and how the world doesn't know about it. It's good to be optimistic, and have faith, but her placement on the list won't EVER be ran on thought of how she could possibly be the considered mid to high tier. It's ran on results, and once you start playing REALLY good players, it can get terrifying compared to just good players. Especially when mains talk about match-ups, but seriously, we don't win every match-up because we can half the time easily edge guard with this one given option, and punish here, and space around. A lot of match-ups are HEAVILY and I mean HEAVILY underrated on threads, and we seem to win A LOT, at least from more influential people on these boards. It's absolute poppycock! If this was true, the whole community would know some of this, and puff would HAVE to be voted at least low mid or mid, but time and time again, she's either very bad, or the worst. Not ALL because she's underrated, and there is some truth behind that result.

Jigglypuff is not unviable. If people can win tourneys with Zelda (worst character as of now), and many of us can get decent to good tourney results with her, than there shouldn't be a viable and unviable. Everyone's viable. This heavily accepted philosophy is BS to me. So is this idea of disrespect charcters. We ARE underrated, there's no denying that. But we can't be misleading enough to be anywhere near the high. At the very-very most, she's mid tier. Jigglypuff does have things that make us want to vote her higher than she is now. I want to vote her higher than she is now. We have been advancing our meta tons recently. But as of now, we are where we are.

As of now, she shouldn't be placed in OMG-she-is-the-worst-I-can't-breath-PLEASE-help, or, seriously-she's-so-underrated-and-deserves-at-least-high-mid. She's low. MAYBE low-mid. Not because she's bad, becuase others are better.

Thanks to listening to me rant. I'm not trying to call anyone out, and to be honest, and can't pinpoint everyone to these categories, but most people I know fit into them somewhere. But please,

Don't be super optimistic; we won't learn...

Don't be unfaithful: we'll never advance to a better a rank. If you are a true and DEVOTED Jigglypuff main/secondary, you must have some optimism.

Optimism is a good thing, but for how much some of us use it, it poisons us just as much. I know this was basically on why she's voted this way on the tier list and not why she should be (in that case, I would've voted higher), but I feel like it's more important than repeating the qualities we know Jigglypuff has.

Last edited:

Ninja Girl

Smash Rookie
I'm surprised no one ever mentions this but I feel like the introduction of rage really hurt this character. She rarely lives to high percents to benefit from it, and it puts a lot of pressure on her to get early kills with rest or edge guards or risk dying to any random rage boosted attack from her opponent. It can really feel like the game is working against you sometimes playing this character.

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
I place her in bottom. Appart of what Ninja Girl Ninja Girl says, I think we have a TON of losing matchups:
:4cloud::4darkpit::4myfriends::4lucario::4lucas::4lucina::4marth::4ness::4pikachu::4pit::4ryu::4feroy::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4villager::4yoshi:
are the ones that I think we absolutely lose.

Also not worst in the game because there's no way Puff is worse than Zelda :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I place her in bottom. Appart of what Ninja Girl Ninja Girl says, I think we have a TON of losing matchups:
:4cloud::4darkpit::4myfriends::4lucario::4lucas::4lucina::4marth::4ness::4pikachu::4pit::4ryu::4feroy::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4villager::4yoshi:
are the ones that I think we absolutely lose.

Also not worst in the game because there's no way Puff is worse than Zelda :p
Zelda has a player that's on Power Rankings (#7), has made top 10 placements in state and regional tournaments and has taken games off players like FOW (the best SSB4 Ness player). He's even going to Genesis 3, soooo

Furret24

Smash Master
Zelda has a player that's on Power Rankings (#7), has made top 10 placements in state and regional tournaments and has taken games off players like FOW (the best SSB4 Ness player). He's even going to Genesis 3, soooo
Can I see some videos of this Zelda main? That's pretty amazing.

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
this last patch coming up soon is the last chance puff has to get buffs. lets all hope for the best.

D

Deleted member

I will laugh so hard yet feel so bad for you guys if Jiggs doesn't get any buffs next month lmao

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
I will laugh so hard yet feel so bad for you guys if Jiggs doesn't get any buffs next month lmao
this is what i hate about Japanese made games. Its VERY hard to communicate with their developers with the language barrier and they really don't even try to see how we feel. Only the Japanese audience gets a say.

Jiggs will not be touched at all. the balancing team will probably even leave that pound bug in. It sucks big time for Puff players.

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
I think we'll get buffs this time. It's the last chance and people have been asking for it more than before.

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
this is what i hate about Japanese made games. Its VERY hard to communicate with their developers with the language barrier and they really don't even try to see how we feel. Only the Japanese audience gets a say.

Jiggs will not be touched at all. the balancing team will probably even leave that pound bug in. It sucks big time for Puff players.
What pound bug?

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
You are aware RDR7 is making PR on SC's power rankings soon, around #4/7 right?

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I would say Puff is better than Zelda BUT where is results?

Basically non-existant at this point. There's only Serynder. There's no Jigglypuff that's even PR'd on anything. I would add BrianYDG but he's been out of the scene. There was smash con but that was a while ago. There is RDR7 though.

Zelda has ven who's PR'd on NV whose even taken games off of people like Z and ven. Zylach is PR'd in WI and is constantly top 8 in tournaments. Zolda has recently won many tournaments in WI. Fairess is completely dominent in Kuwait and PR'd as number 1.

Overall Zelda just has more Results.

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I would say Puff is better than Zelda BUT where is results?

Basically non-existant at this point. There's only Serynder. There's no Jigglypuff that's even PR'd on anything. I would add BrianYDG but he's been out of the scene. There was smash con but that was a while ago. There is RDR7 though.

Zelda has ven who's PR'd on NV whose even taken games off of people like Z and ven. Zylach is PR'd in WI and is constantly top 8 in tournaments. Zolda has recently won many tournaments in WI. Fairess is completely dominent in Kuwait and PR'd as number 1.

Overall Zelda just has more Results.
RDR7 is actually about to be PRd for SC after an impressive showing at a regional recently. Might be ranked around either #4 or 7 I believe.

D

Deleted member

yes you

community tier list... why are these even considered. there are literally uneducated people in there saying stuff like that roy is top tier.
Literally nobody thinks Roy is top tier anymore though, lmao. He's still mid tier in the community tier list.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Literally nobody thinks Roy is top tier anymore though, lmao. He's still mid tier in the community tier list.
I think the point he was making is that the community tier list is bs regardless

Last edited:

RDR7

Smash Cadet
My personal opinion. Yes she's pretty bad. Like top 10 worst. While most of her matchups are indeed doable, the lack of buffs aren't helping puff at all. Especially if everyone else is getting them. She's very light with not much to stand for it, hard to take stocks, rest is almost entirely situational, given the fact there are 3 leads into it, all in which are difficult.. Making her a decent character shouldn't be too hard. Buff rest's kill percent by 10, give her decent options from at least one throw, make rollout at least rewarding to hit (like in brawl or melee where it killed under 100), and boost her air acceleration. (its slower than megaman's) There you have a decent character, maybe even an upper mid if they tried hard enough. There's my two cents.

D

Deleted member

I think the point he was making is that the community tier list is bs regardless
Yeah I can see that I guess. Plus it's pretty outdated considering it hasn't been updated since November. Dedede, Jiggs and Palutena are too high while characters like Bowser, Mewtwo and Mega Man are far too low.

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
she either needs:
1. a buff to rest
2. a throw that's worth a d***
3. changes that make it more like it was in 64/melee.

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
My personal opinion. Yes she's pretty bad. Like top 10 worst. While most of her matchups are indeed doable, the lack of buffs aren't helping puff at all. Especially if everyone else is getting them. She's very light with not much to stand for it, hard to take stocks, rest is almost entirely situational, given the fact there are 3 leads into it, all in which are difficult.. Making her a decent character shouldn't be too hard. Buff rest's kill percent by 10, give her decent options from at least one throw, make rollout at least rewarding to hit (like in brawl or melee where it killed under 100), and boost her air acceleration. (its slower than megaman's) There you have a decent character, maybe even an upper mid if they tried hard enough. There's my two cents.
Which MU's do you think are not doable?

RDR7

Smash Cadet
Which MU's do you think are not doable?
Ryu is exceedingly difficult because his up b is too powerful and any sort of error at 60 can result in death from it. His recovery is nearly ungimpable. For example his tatsumaki can just be used again if we hit him out of it, and his up b beats out every one of our aerials if we try to stop him from above. (It also stops other aerials like kirby's down aerial) If we could gimp him then it would be somewhat fair. This is why cloud isn't too much of a problem at this point. (because he is GIMPABLE)
Metaknight only needs a dash attack to get a gauranteed death combo on you. However he just needs nerfs in the up air. Without it the matchup is actually interesting but I'm sure in the end metaknight could still take it. It just wouldnt be nearly as dumb.
That's pretty much it for not doable matchups. It's either hard, even, or in your favor. I would put yoshi but his kill options against anyone are just almost non existent. It's still very difficult because of puff's unfortunate lack of reward and kill options on yoshi as well. So just watch your back in that mu.

Last edited:

RDR7

Smash Cadet
Yoshi no kill options???
He lacks decent kill confirms. He has up air and fair (if he gets the dunk) that's all, everything else is just a tad bit slow. With his smashes he's pretty much dependent on error fsmash, upsmash. It's basically the same way around for us except yoshi dies way later and we can hardly string 3 hits on yoshi which isn't that fair at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom