• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where to train with Pit

Tauquito

Smash Rookie
I'm currently maining Pit and I'm getting the ideas of battle from Rhy and his Guide but I need to know where would be a good place to train. Computer level 9? Random battles on Wi-Fi? Thanks in advance.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I personally would never suggest playing online to get better. Perhaps if you're just trying to learn what other characters can do against you and what different approaches are like, but never to actually get better.

Computer opponents are ok up until you reach tournament quality. At which point all computer opponents will do is cause you to fall into bad habits. Also keep in mind that you can't use mindgames against computer opponents.

All I can suggest is finding people nearby and play them. Find Smashfests and even Tournaments to become better. In the end nothing is better then fighting opponents with tournament standard rules.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I personally would never suggest playing online to get better. Perhaps if you're just trying to learn what other characters can do against you and what different approaches are like, but never to actually get better.

Computer opponents are ok up until you reach tournament quality. At which point all computer opponents will do is cause you to fall into bad habits. Also keep in mind that you can't use mindgames against computer opponents.

All I can suggest is finding people nearby and play them. Find Smashfests and even Tournaments to become better. In the end nothing is better then fighting opponents with tournament standard rules.
By "tournament standard rules," do you mean three-stocked timed battles without items?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I certainly do hope you're joking kown. It's never wise to joke around people who appear to be new and are asking a question.

And what Dryn said was true. By "Tournament Standard Rules" I meant, Three Stock; Seven Minutes Time Limit; All Items Off.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I certainly do hope you're joking kown. It's never wise to joke around people who appear to be new and are asking a question.

And what Dryn said was true. By "Tournament Standard Rules" I meant, Three Stock; Seven Minutes Time Limit; All Items Off.
It's been common knowledge to me ever since I've been watching Tudor's videos. Still, I was asking that question to see if that is what you meant. I've never been to any tournaments in my life. The only human being I can brawl with is my brother. That's better than fighting against a CPU. CPUs, in my opinion, are only useful to learn how to connect attacks together.

My brother and I go to Training Mode if we brawl with each other. This way, we can perfect our skills. We don't use items, and only have the game three-stocked. This is why sometimes I don't like Basic Brawl. Other people acquire items, and they don't prove themselves to be worthy by using their own attacks. Once the items are gone, I prove to them that they aren't good at all.

Tauquito

Smash Rookie
Alright, thanks! I do have quite a bit of people I can play to get better, I just asked cause I didn't know if Computers were better then playing a friend or others.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
If you're forced to go for an uncomfortable amount of time without a human opponent, then by all means fight computers. ^_^ It's just that making a habit of fighting them can lead to flaws in your game.

Top Bottom