• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where to buy CRT Tv's online for cheap? Also RCA to VGA converter?

jazzlypuff

Smash Rookie
Where to buy CRT Tv's online for cheap?
since all my tube tvs broke I very much would like a new one but there are no thrift stores nearby so I would like to buy one online and have it shipped to me but am having trouble finding them...
at goodwill or other thrift stores they are like $15-$25.....
i searched amazon 'crt tv' and 'tube tv' but they are ridiculously expensive...

Also RCA to VGA converter?
I would like to try and plug my GC into my computer monitor which does not have RCA inputs... will this converter work?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Y7T5UU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A119K31BOSN2QF

help!!! ty :)

CableCho57

Smash Lord
you should try craigslist, some people even give away their crt's for free.

as for the monitor thing, no that will not work. I thought the same thing and bought something like that a long time ago but what that does is it lets your pc/notebook plug into a tv and be displayed on the tv.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gamecube-SN...t=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item27b4c40306

this is what your looking for. this dude chain-ace posted this a while ago and I actually bought and it lets me plug my gc into my monitor just like your looking for. its pretty cool

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Well if in the ends of your world(just kidding!) you can't obtain one I can try and send you one of my CRT tvs. Just pay the shipping lol.

-Just PM me and be patient since I haven't done this before.

Massive

Smash Champion
Thrift Store TVs are too expensive? Wha?
$25 for a functional CRT television is a great deal, buy that one.

If you buy online the shipping of a 50lb television will cost you well over $25.

jazzlypuff

Smash Rookie
you should try craigslist, some people even give away their crt's for free.

as for the monitor thing, no that will not work. I thought the same thing and bought something like that a long time ago but what that does is it lets your pc/notebook plug into a tv and be displayed on the tv.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gamecube-SN...t=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item27b4c40306

this is what your looking for. this dude chain-ace posted this a while ago and I actually bought and it lets me plug my gc into my monitor just like your looking for. its pretty cool
lol i read the amazon reviews and i thought people WANTED to do the pc>tv but instead they got what i was looking for... guess i was wrong
i did not try ebay bc i dont trust it for some reason lol...
craigslist though sounds genius ill do that for now

Well if in the ends of your world(just kidding!) you can't obtain one I can try and send you one of my CRT tvs. Just pay the shipping lol.

-Just PM me and be patient since I haven't done this before.
i will have your offer in mind tyvm!

Thrift Store TVs are too expensive? Wha?
$25 for a functional CRT television is a great deal, buy that one.

If you buy online the shipping of a 50lb television will cost you well over $25.
no the thrift store prices are fine! its just i dont live near any of them... and i dont have a vehicle

try your family members basement... amazing what you find down there...
yeah actually my original TV broke and I looked in the basement of my apt and randomly found one from 1991... used that for about 3 days and that one broke too... so now im looking for a 3rd tv :/

Varist

Smash Lord
Went to Dollar Tree a few years back, found a 10x10-inch Zenith CRT television for $10. It only weighs 20lbs, and it has a mother****ing handle on the top. It fits in a backpack. Built-in VHS player too, which would've been perfect for recording SSB64 matches in the aynshent times. It's the best tourney TV you ever had.
Go get one of them, if you can find a non-VHS/DVD model, **** will be even smaller and weigh even less.

Top Bottom