• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where it counts

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
So tomorrow, I got to my first tournament. Been practicin for the past two weeks, as well as reading and re-reading up on all the sheik stuff I could. Are there any last minute things I should know or things I should keep in mind? Besides "don't expect to win." I know this one, and have heard it repeated like a mantra.

-Zure-

Smash Cadet
Never - freaking - try - to - do - DACUS - on - purpose!!

It's not going to work in most cases anyway.

NeoCrono

Smash Ace
Good luck!

Well, the only thing I can tell you. Is don't get flustered, not everything is going to go as planed. Try to find some stages where you opponent is at a disadvantage, study up on character weaknesses. You will fight a lot of MK, some scrub ones, some good ones. That is all the advice I can give you, and try to have a good secondary.

Good luck :)

Tristan_win

Not dead.
If you have any doubt in your mind that trying DACUS will in fact hurt you or you just happen to be having a bad day with it DON'T USE IT.

Unless they are friendlies ^^

Anyways if you play mainly online it's a good idea to play a couple even against the cpu if necessary off line to get use to zero lag once again. There's a lot of little things that are different in a lagless environment for Sheik.

Also the day before you go don't stay up late playing go to sleep before or around midnight at latest and make sure you have a good healthy but small meal before leaving.

...Other then that use the ftilt a lot, use the bair a lot, and switch to Zelda when needed and constantly look for holes in your opponents styles.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Ftilt.

Gimp and dont get gimped.

Norfair is your friend. You have a tether recovery :D

Save your kill moves to kill.

And most important: DON'T DAIR OFF THE LEVEL LOL.

Good luck man, place high :)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
just remember how sexy sheik is and be confident. good luck

oh and dont use zelda if you dont know how :p

NeoCrono

Smash Ace
And Micah, you know we are best friends lol. You shouldn't expect to win, but you should want to win. Just let it all hang out and you should be fine, I know your good. Now its time for the world to see how good you are. Oh, and is Jared going?

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
Don't mean to double post, but I got back from the tourney. I tied for 4/5th, so I got 5th out of 19. Thanks for all the advice guys. It was a great experience. We unfortunately didn't get the guy who hosted it's dazzle to work, so I couldn't get any matches recorded, but long story short: Sheik has a tough time with Olimar, and I roll way too much. I tried to get in through the diagonals with olimar but to no avail. Better luck next time.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Don't mean to double post, but I got back from the tourney. I tied for 4/5th, so I got 5th out of 19. Thanks for all the advice guys. It was a great experience. We unfortunately didn't get the guy who hosted it's dazzle to work, so I couldn't get any matches recorded, but long story short: Sheik has a tough time with Olimar, and I roll way too much. I tried to get in through the diagonals with olimar but to no avail. Better luck next time.
**** son you actually placed, good **** dude.

~Increased respect for "East"~

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Keep calm. Space yourself, assess the player. Try to see their faults and strengths. Try to find a way to stop what they're good at and exploit their bad habits.

When I get anxious I run right into attacks. Wait for an opportunity, run in and do as much damage as you can while recieving as little as possible then retreat.

Edit: Oh. It already happened. Nevermind then. Would this information have been useful/what was the most useful info you got?

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
Do not DACUS, don't panic, don't use Zelda if you don't know how to use her intelligently. Ex, LOL I SPAM USMASH CUZ U GON DIE IF I SPAM ENUF. LOLOL.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Great stuff, well played.

O and for the record, matchup knowledge and spacing are the two most important things at a tournament, that and being calm and drinking ****loads of Coca Cola (it's how gimpy places so high).

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
What? Olimar? I find olimar to be easy with sheik just gimp him. ^.^ It wont be easy on good olimars though and they can be really annoying. Disjointed hitboxes>Sheik.

Top Bottom