• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where does Dair send the Opponent?

Karmie

Smash Cadet
Let me explain first. Usually when I go for a dair to set up for a various number of options out of it, after the move is over the opponent is sent either behind me or in front of me.

What I really need to know is if where they are sent is fixed in the game, or is controlled by your actions so that I can predict this and set up combos much easier.

Does anyone have an idea about where Dair sends the opponent based on your actions?

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
like when you hit the ground after all the hits?
say your on the right of Fd. facing your opponent and hes facing you. you dair him and if you pass him a bit and land he will go behind you. if you land infront of him he will go infront of you.

i love the setups kirby has out of dair btw. can combo to any grab and fsmash especially.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
normally by the time your on the ground your opponent is more to one side of you, unless they di to the other perfectly(has happened not yet to me) its safe to assume he wil be on that side at the end shielding your fsmash

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Kirby's dair has a landing hitbox. Whichever side you land on will send them flying in the opposite way. EX: If you land on their right, they will fly to the left. This is may or may not be affected by smash DI. However, when my foes DI towards me, they only end up closer to me, making it easier for my up-angled fsmash to connect. DI away from Kirby's dair to avoid the incoming pain.

Top Bottom