• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where do you think corrin stands in Competive play and tier list?

GeflGabe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeflGabe
3DS FC
4141-7244-4594
Switch FC
SW-7469-5871-5880
I'm not sure right now... But he would have to be at least middle tier. His combo potential is great.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
If corrin has the potential to beat shiek he would be atleast be low hight tier.Plus corrin at the moment beats Cloud (M2ks words not mine)

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
If corrin has the potential to beat shiek he would be atleast be low hight tier.Plus corrin at the moment beats Cloud (M2ks words not mine)
I don't want to burst your bubble, but corrin gets bodied by sheik really hard. But this isn't a mu thread so no point in listing reasons.

But I do agree with corrin being low high tier. As of now anyway. Still too early.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
I don't want to burst your bubble, but corrin gets bodied by sheik really hard. But this isn't a mu thread so no point in listing reasons.

But I do agree with corrin being low high tier. As of now anyway. Still too early.
He has potential but shiek still win the matchup

hell-dew

Smash Apprentice
Corrin is one of those chars where even if neutral isnt fully won you can still land things ot tip the game in your favor IP/DL kill stupidly early when Sweatspotted and our edge guarding game is utterly insane (which sucks royally for cloud) Shiek is definintly a hard one neutral wise but we can abuse rage fairly well against her and close her stocks neutral is rough. diddy IMO wins if we dont gimp or tipper him his fair is just painful and his ability to punish corrins landings with naners is awful.

Corrin seams pretty up there viability wise though like really solid all around good solid kill options good neutral ok landing options decent frame data good range meh recovery honestly Corrin kinda reminds me of a less mobile cloud without limit but better tools to compensate. clouds non limit recovery is definintly worse. results are still wack with her but im seeing placements. Ryo has been putting in work with her and remzi/smashgod definitely have pretty decent corrins but its hard to keep up with stream/non streamed people

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
It's not something people really need to stress over.

Top players have shown us that Corrin is at least tournament viable. A character who can go toe to toe with most of the tournament staples. The exact spot where she sits on the tier list isn't important, but she should be around same level of characters who are similar to her in that regard. (C~D tier, I feel. Possibly B.)

Last edited:

Gemba Board

Smash Apprentice
I feel like he's at the top of b tier. Tbh the sheik MU is still undiscovered. In 1.1.5, sheik needs to work a bit harder for the kills than before and if the corrin abuses this with great DI and patient airdodging (or none at all) he can live longer and thus have more opportunities to kill than before. This makes rage corrin more of a threat to sheik since 50/50s are a thing of the past (right? I only just heard). High percent sheik can be shield camped even harder now since we don't fear the grab as much anymore. Shield drop Instant Pin is a thing and uthrow is bad news for sheik if it's always fresh (dthrow w/rage).
I know this isn't the MU thread so sorry, but our current MU thread is beyond inactive and isn't even stickied. I'm not saying 1.1.5 corrin wins or even goes 50:50 with sheik but it isn't AS bad as before. Imo we went from 35:65 to 40:60 if we abuse high percentage survivability. Yes, needles still hurt. Yes, we still get bopped early percent from one grab/fair. But we get nice dtilt x4 into other stuff on her 0%. We got tools like bair walling, extensive defensive ledge coverage, excellent range on multiple moves ground and aerial. It's not hopeless guys.

Anyway, I feel we do well against the rest of top tier except maybe diddy. Corrin's nerfs don't change any of his MUs imo. Counter is more fair but that doesn't mean much in a competitive environment where counters play such a remedial role. So yeah high B tier in my humblest opinion.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Anyway, I feel we do well against the rest of top tier except maybe diddy. Corrin's nerfs don't change any of his MUs imo. Counter is more fair but that doesn't mean much in a competitive environment where counters play such a remedial role. So yeah high B tier in my humblest opinion.
I believe he does ok when facing diddy due to the fact that diddy repies heavily on his bannana, especially for mixups, while we can take it away with instant dragon lunge, and also we can just flat out take it away from him and go off of specials if we have to for a short while.

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
It seems like ESAM is picking up Corrin as a secondary, which is great for us since we now have rep from a notable top level player. Incidentally, I think Corrin can handle Pika's bad matchups quite well, most notably Mario and Ness. Let's see how this plays out down the road.

Top Bottom