• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Where are you picking up your Smash U?

jmjb

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anhJer
I've been looking around for the best place to get Smash U, and am not sure who to go with. I want to get the gcn adaptor or controller with it.
Every place I've called says they don't have the smash gcn controller, or the adaptor. And some GameStops are saying they MAY have a midnight launch but don't know if they are yet...

sigh where are you getting your game from, and are you getting the smash controller as well?

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Santa's bringing me my copy because I've been a good little Wario. Embarrass

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
I paid off my gamecube controller/adapter bundle awhile back at gamestopthinking mine would have a midnight release but of course I have no luck with California gamestops and they aren't having one.

That said they better have my bundle since I paid it off.

Babali Boon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Babali
3DS FC
0447-5439-8345
I went the digital route, bought it on Gamestop using gift cards I received. It's pre-loaded on my Wii U right now. Wanted to go physical (I will some day), but I get it a bit early in my time if I go digital, and I'd like to play the game as soon as possible.

Going to play with my Classic Pro controller and 3DS the first night, then next day go to Gamestop and pick up my amiibo's that I pre-ordered and hopefully a Gamecube adapter and Smash controller if they still have any.

ccthirteen

Smash Apprentice
Picking mine up from GameStop in Governors Square mall in Tallahassee, FL. They're doing a midnight release tomorrow night with goodies for those who preordered.

the8thark

Smash Lord
EB Games on the 29th (release day). I have it pre-ordered but the game+ adapter version is still up for pre-order if anyone wants it still.
Note: This is the PAL version.

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
I was going to get my copy from GameStop, but the store near me announced that they were not having a midnight release... so I cancelled my preorder and purchased the digital download from the Nintendo eShop. It's now sitting on my Wii U, waiting for the unlock code at midnight Friday!

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Unfortunately for me, the only way I could get the bundle was for it to be delivered.

They are delivering it directly to my door.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I'm getting the game from gamestop, it's closer to where I live that I can just walk there to get it.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Already preinstalled it, though I may tag along with a friend of mine to midnight release just on the off chance that they still have spare adapters.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Brawl's midnight release was absuuuuuuuuuurd. And ever since I've become an Amazon shopper, I get my games from there (the best). Been a while since I shopped from there, though. I went digital because it's quieter and I have it right away. It actually just finished downloading this morning :D

I can play with my gamepad for now, in-fact I may just main it until I feel like something else.

At midnight you'll be in line. At midnight I'll be online. Owned. <3

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Getting it delivered through Amazon. It's nice that all of this tedious waiting is closing to an end.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
Brawl's midnight release was absuuuuuuuuuurd. And ever since I've become an Amazon shopper, I get my games from there (the best). Been a while since I shopped from there, though. I went digital because it's quieter and I have it right away. It actually just finished downloading this morning :D

I can play with my gamepad for now, in-fact I may just main it until I feel like something else.

At midnight you'll be in line. At midnight I'll be online. Owned. <3
Unless Nintendo's servers die from overload, that is!

I'm going to feel so torn, waiting at Gamestop when they might not even have spare adapters. I should probably just call ahead to make sure.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Unless Nintendo's servers die from overload, that is!

I'm going to feel so torn, waiting at Gamestop when they might not even have spare adapters. I should probably just call ahead to make sure.
Good luck to both of us, my friend. And everyone. Be safe and don't hate. We'll all be playing Smash soon enough.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Toys R Us to get dat free Amiibo. Not sure if they do midnights though...

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
Going to digital an per-installing it. I just want to play asap.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
from gamestop in the morning or noon

I was going to get the game alone and the adaptor to save a little but

the adaptor got sold out so I had to switch to the bundle to get the adaptor

James92

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jgrim92
I preordered my copy(along with the Kirby amiibo) on Amazon. Only problem is that I've had trouble with them taking too long to get things shipped out. They've also been holding orders back so they can be combined with other orders. I preordered the new Sailor Moon DVD set from them a week and a half ago. I payed for standard shipping. It was released a week ago and it hasn't shipped yet. I have a feeling that they'll ship it out along with my copy of Smash and my amiibo. I hope it all comes as soon as possible.

Hartenberg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hartenberg
3DS FC
1220-8573-2488
Preloaded it from the eShop. I'm slightly worried seeing as this is Nintendo's first ever preloaded release. But excited nonetheless.

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
Target. I'm picking up Smash, Alpha Sapphire, and Wii Fit Trainer amiibo on Sunday. I'm camping Fri/Sat/Sun Morning

Niala

Smash Ace
EB Games midnight release for me. ORAS and SmashU. Although I find it hard to believe your Gamestop isn't doing a midnight release if my local one-horse-town EB is.

Oh, and on the subject of GCN Adapters/controllers, I was told when I preordered mine how fortunate I was, as it was the last day to do so. This was about three weeks ago. You really needed to plan ahead to actually pre-order that bundle.

Last edited:

BriefCasey795

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AwesomeCasey
3DS FC
4382-2575-1384
Am I the only one with my local Gamestop doing a 9 PM release instead of midnight? (Which means I'm getting it 3 hours ahead for us west coasters. XP) Also, since I could not pre-order the bundle, I pre-ordered the Game, Adapter, and Smash GC controller seperately, along with Mario and Kirby Amiibos. Really pumped for tomorrow night; The 3 year long wait is finally coming to an end.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Am I the only one with my local Gamestop doing a 9 PM release instead of midnight? (Which means I'm getting it 3 hours ahead for us west coasters. XP) Also, since I could not pre-order the bundle, I pre-ordered the Game, Adapter, and Smash GC controller seperately, along with Mario and Kirby Amiibos. Really pumped for tomorrow night; The 3 year long wait is finally coming to an end.
My Gamestop is having a 9 PM release but I pulled my preorder and went to Toys R Us to get a free Amiibo instead.
Unfortunately, I just got an email saying they haven't received their shipment yet and may have to delay the release. Seriously? There's 2 days left. Has anyone ever preorder from Toys R Us and had this issue?

BriefCasey795

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AwesomeCasey
3DS FC
4382-2575-1384
That's why I always pre order my games at Gamestop, because chances are, stores like those have bigger priority for shipments.

I really hope they mass produced everything else as much as they mass produced the game, which is why I'm gonna get there early to ensure I get everything I preordered.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
That's why I always pre order my games at Gamestop, because chances are, stores like those have bigger priority for shipments.

I really hope they mass produced everything else as much as they mass produced the game, which is why I'm gonna get there early to ensure I get everything I preordered.
it you're not going to a midnight launch, it's always good practice to get to the store about 10 minutes or so before it opens so you make sure you don't miss out cause the store took too many pre-orders. But this being Smash Bros, there could be lines forming before the store opens so it might pay to be there a little earlier. Who knows? You'll work it out.

If you're at the midnight launch you'll be there before midnight for the festivities there anyway so as long as you line up for your game 5-10 minutes or so before midnight and not leave it till the store person says "please line up for your game now" you should be ok.

Last edited:

BriefCasey795

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AwesomeCasey
3DS FC
4382-2575-1384
Oh, I am going to the nighttime release. I think 3 hours before should be good enough for me.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII

I'm sure a toy store would have some priority for the Amiibo figurines. and they need the game to come with it.
*Sigh* If it's not there Day 1 then I'll take my money elsewhere.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I didn't bother to preorder.

I'll either hit WalMart on midnight or get it first thing in the morning and grab it at Fred Meyer.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
I did digital, preloaded it. it takes up a **** ton of space on the tiny wii u hard drive but smash bros is a game I plan on playing very long term, so I like having it always available even when i've been playing other games

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
eShop. I don't buy physical copies of games unless it isn't released digitally.

Top Bottom