• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When you Mains become Overused

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
If you are wanting win. When you look at the character roster just ask yourself "Who gives me my best chance of winning" if you are not picking your best at that point just because they are overused, then You are only hurting yourself as a competitive player.

Last edited:

otter

Smash Ace
I mained rosalina since her trailer. I love mario galaxy music and often get in trouble for saying it's the best 3D mario game. plus, she looked like one of the few complex characters in the game. I was hype.

I am a competitive player so it's not that bad, but it also sucks that I'll never get credit for winning.

Iron Kraken

Smash Journeyman
Super Mario Galaxy is one of my favorite games of all-time. The gameplay, the atmosphere, the music... and Rosalina was intriguing. So I decided to main Rosalina & Luma as soon as they were revealed, especially as their play style looked very interesting to me. At the very least, RosaLuma was the character I was by far the most interested in, and I would always go out of my way to look for her videos during E3 and other pre-release events.

Now when I use RosaLuma, people think I use her specifically because she is top tier. Sometimes people even complain about my using her.

How does that make me feel? Short story short... it doesn't bother me at all.

I've also been picking Yoshi up as a character both because I like Yoshi and because he just feels really good to play. Do I care that it's another top tier? No.

Last edited:

Drig786

Smash Journeyman
NNID
i-DRIG-i
Don't let it bother you, I seen all the heat little Mac was getting and I'm still making him my second main, the more they complain the more fuel it adds to me using him :troll:

Last edited:

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
Honestly, I respect high-tier players just as much as low-tier ones. In a lot of cases, these characters are hard to learn, so if you know how to use them then I say you deserve that character. Not only that, but you continue to use that character even when insults are thrown around at you, which takes a lot of self control as well.

Top Bottom