• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When Super Smash Bros. Brawl comes out..casual/fun competition?

davidw89

Smash Cadet
Ok i've locked February 10th/maybe a few days later as when this game will come out..(in the US). Ishould be able to get this working with wiikey ASAP after it comes out..
Now is anyone else planning to do a tournament or play for fun etc? ANyone else planning to do one i can bring my wii along
oh and what would be the ideal controller?
cheer

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Wiikey's dont work on Wii's that have been updated. If you dont update your wii, you cant play brawl. p.s stop making threads like before a brawl release date is even announced for pal.

WERES MIC?!?!?!?

Bjay

Smash Lord
In my humble opinion, I think everyone will be juggling the fun, competitive fun (yes COMPETITIVE FUN), completing the game and unlocking the characters at once.

The fact that there's so much to do, I'm sure most people would rotate on the activities they're participating at in Brawl.

I can't wait to finally see the complete roster.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Use sarcasm tags;

Sadly, the situation for when we get it released here could be worse.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Don't joke around with PAL releae dates unless you use [/sarcasm] or whatever.

I want a daaaaaaate! :cry:

And what's a Wiikey? A Wii Freeloader/AR?

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
It's a Mod Chip, lets you play imports, backups, homebrew etc. Very risky to use as nint are on to it and a releasing updates to counter the software. Only plays around 40% of games too apparently.

davidw89

Smash Cadet
It's a Mod Chip, lets you play imports, backups, homebrew etc. Very risky to use as nint are on to it and a releasing updates to counter the software. Only plays around 40% of games too apparently.
wtf are you joking..how is it risky..just follow the rule of the 'community' you downloaded your backup froms..
um with an update it plays 99% of the game? thats good enough for me : /region free as well

xeno

Smash Ace
We're gonna have a $50 entry fee Brawl tournament starting characters only, all stages 2/3, no items 1v1..
Right?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
no items
Right?
The fact that all the major US tourney hosts will be having everything, including tiems on, kinda makes me hope that we can try with everything on, see what works, ect. New game after all, not Melee 2.0

Bjay

Smash Lord
wtf are you joking..how is it risky..just follow the rule of the 'community' you downloaded your backup froms..
um with an update it plays 99% of the game? thats good enough for me : /region free as well
There will be updates to counter this sort of thing, which results in your Wii bricking up.

Not to mention ganes need patching before they work, and not all games work.

unreon

Smash Ace
Wiikeys are getting more and more risky because Nintendo are releasing updates in their games which recognise modded Wiis and it'll make them brick. They haven't perfected them yet, but it might get to a point where modding becomes useless.

Rule number 1: Don't even mod a foreign update on your PAL Wii, it'll kill it automatically, regardless of the version. Happened to me, and it sucks because I don't even download the games; it was an imported Metroid Prime 3 =(

Nintendo should've just made it region free. They're the most selfish of the three console manufacturers ffs, never thinks about the consumer. ><

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Um...all 3 consoles are region locked. And Sony managed to shut down one of the largest importing sites, Lik-sang.com

Bjay

Smash Lord
The DS doesn't justify it though, cause there's still delays and what not for DS games.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
I get all my DS games from play asia. There only $50 + $4 postage for brand new ones, usually about 45. Still $20 cheaper than Aus. Actually the last PAL game I bought was twilight princess when I got my Wii.

xeno

Smash Ace
Yeah.. the items will be fun. But with no way to predict them coming out (ie a shadow falls and 15 seconds later an item appears), I think we'll get the.. smash>bomb, or, "oh gee a ranged weapon appears at my feet JUST as I knock you off the stage!" randomness screws up smash imo.

Top Bottom