• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When Smash Bros 4 comes out, will anybody still play Brawl?

AveryisAwesome

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Kingytp546
I know, this is crazy. "Who would still play Brawl when Smash Bros 4 is out." But actually, I still play this game no matter what. It one of my favorites. But, will anybody still play Brawl? You can't forget Brawl and Snake.

JustTooPunny

Smash Rookie
I will not be because it's brawl. The only reason I boot brawl up nowadays is for PM.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I only seeing myself on Brawl would be to play the adventure mode. That or if I feel like playing characters from Brawl that did not make It to the new game. So pretty much I probably play it like a couple times a year.

Last edited:

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
Yes I gonna still playing brawl Wi-FI regardless smash 4 3DS and Wii u coming out.

Edit: if anyone is interest to play brawl wi-fi with someone then message me or reply.

Last edited:

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
Yes I gonna still playing brawl Wi-FI regardless smash 4 3DS and Wii u coming out.

Edit: if anyone is interest to play brawl wi-fi with someone then message me or reply.
Brawl's WiFi community will be completely dead when SSB Wii U comes out.

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
Anybody want to play Brawl?? lol
Hi there I could brawl you on Thursday night that is if you want to.

Brawl's WiFi community will be completely dead when SSB Wii U comes out.
hmm well I still have high hope on brawl that at least doesn't goes completely dead when Wii u version come out also I was planning to play Brawl Wi-fi maybe Project m WI-FI and definitely Smash 4 Wi-fi in the future.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Yeah with friends once in awhile probably, but we tend to move to the newer game, we still go back to them all tho.

あい3

Smash Rookie
NNID
AitoMarth
3DS FC
1693-3217-0339
I'll still play Brawl, not confident enough to play online on the 3DS version yet and I just like Brawl more for some reason. It's also the one my friends prefer to play so we all stick with it instead of, say, Melee or 64.

Anybody want to play Brawl?? lol
Hi there I could brawl you on Thursday night that is if you want to.

hmm well I still have high hope on brawl that at least doesn't goes completely dead when Wii u version come out also I was planning to play Brawl Wi-fi maybe Project m WI-FI and definitely Smash 4 Wi-fi in the future.
I'd love to play against you both, haven't really played against someone online before.

Dalxp26

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dalxp26
I am always down to play brawl as I do see myself as super competitive but more causal competitive.. either way I just figured out how to set it up online today so Im looking for a few people to play.

Im new to smash boards so Im not sure how the messaging works or anything but if anyone wants to play I'm available!!!

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
I am always down to play brawl as I do see myself as super competitive but more causal competitive.. either way I just figured out how to set it up online today so Im looking for a few people to play.

Im new to smash boards so Im not sure how the messaging works or anything but if anyone wants to play I'm available!!!
its seems that Brawl isnt quite dead yet Im really glad for that so I can play you at midnight due my familly is now watching tv if not then I try to get online tomorrow night so I let you know

Welcome to Smash boards and See you around.

Dalxp26

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dalxp26
its seems that Brawl isnt quite dead yet Im really glad for that so I can play you at midnight due my familly is now watching tv if not then I try to get online tomorrow night so I let you know

Welcome to Smash boards and See you around.

Thumbs up for location PUR!!
My FC: 4429-8167-9195

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Depends on whether or not i get a wiiU this x-mas. If i do then I'll of course also get smash4 and so I'll put brawl away until i either decide brawl is better or if it's not then I'd pretty much shelf it for good barring something unforseen. If i don't get a wiiU then I'll still play brawl until i finally get a wiiU. Yeah.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Only reason I'll still play Brawl is for Snake. If he's announce as DLC thuogh, I'll put Brawl away for good.

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
If you mean vanilla Brawl, then probably no.
Playing with custom textures and stages and all that: yes. Nothing like Sailor Moon, Batman, Zidane, and Ridley all fighting on Planet's Core :p

chococrow

Smash Cadet
NNID
chococrow
brawl was my first smash game, and although i play alot of melee and pm i think i will play brawl as long as i have someone to play it with

Vashimus

Smash Master
No, for the same reason I don't really go back to 64. Melee and PM scratch that competitive itch, and Smash 4 is better than Brawl in practically every way. The only merits Brawl had to stand on was the fact that it was the most recent Smash game. Now it isn't, the new kid's in town, and eventually everyone will migrate to the new game.

Last edited:

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF

chococrow

Smash Cadet
NNID
chococrow

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
How does it play compaired to nintendos wifi. Is it still laggy
Now that I'm full I can explain

OK yes it still laggy and everything else is the same as brawl so nothing chance expect to be able to play online.

OK the new server is Called Wimmfi as alternative server to play online

I really don't know if you willing to do all this since smash 4 wii u version will be coming this month but:

First you need to ERASE all your data and custom stage too that include the sample but in the guide that I put you there is alternative way to get all characters in one piece

Second you really need a memory card (SD card) and must be less or equal 2GB so no more than that

Third there is two way one is the hackless method and the other is the homebrew method so I picked the hackless with geckko one because it was very easy to do and the rest watch the video and read all the instruction in the guide carefully and thats all.

if you have any question feel free to ask me or in the guide as for me do it through private message (Conversation)

Good luck and See you around

chococrow

Smash Cadet
NNID
chococrow
Now that I'm full I can explain

OK yes it still laggy and everything else is the same as brawl so nothing chance expect to be able to play online.

OK the new server is Called Wimmfi as alternative server to play online

I really don't know if you willing to do all this since smash 4 wii u version will be coming this month but:

First you need to ERASE all your data and custom stage too that include the sample but in the guide that I put you there is alternative way to get all characters in one piece

Second you really need a memory card (SD card) and must be less or equal 2GB so no more than that

Third there is two way one is the hackless method and the other is the homebrew method so I picked the hackless with geckko one because it was very easy to do and the rest watch the video and read all the instruction in the guide carefully and thats all.

if you have any question feel free to ask me or in the guide as for me do it through private message (Conversation)

Good luck and See you around
I think i signed my friend code to it a while ago when they were makeing the list so do i still have to erase all my data

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
I think i signed my friend code to it a while ago when they were makeing the list so do i still have to erase all my data
No if you signed your FC before then no you dont need to erase all your data but you need to erase all your custom stage even the sample one.

Erase all the data it required because then you need a new FC in order to play online since your signed before you dont need to do it.

one thing that I forgot to tell you that is that your SD card need to be empty expecpt the files it require by the guide in order to play online.

See you

Jdawg9876

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jdawg9876
3DS FC
4399-1836-0019
Of course people would still play Brawl. It may not be the best game in the franchise,but in the end, they're all Super Smash Bros games so they're still enjoyable no matter which one you're playing.

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
Of course people would still play Brawl. It may not be the best game in the franchise,but in the end, they're all Super Smash Bros games so they're still enjoyable no matter which one you're playing.
I completely agree with you on that so you have my 100% Support on that.

By the way if you want let play sometime its been a while since I played the last mario main player and Welcome to SmashBoard.

Jdawg9876

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jdawg9876
3DS FC
4399-1836-0019
I completely agree with you on that so you have my 100% Support on that.

By the way if you want let play sometime its been a while since I played the last mario main player and Welcome to SmashBoard.
Thanks for the welcome, it's great to be part of the actual community now.

Also, I'll take you up on that offer, next time I check my friend code, I'll send it to you and we could play.

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
brawl will die, everyone that has a brawl disc will/should/must get PM

Top Bottom