• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When should I be going to which stages?

MJN Pilot

Smash Cadet
NNID
SSB-Pilot
3DS FC
4184-4408-1292
As Jigglypuff, which stages do I like/dislike and when should I be striking what stages? As well as which are my best counterpicks? I understand it depends on the matchup, however I have almost no idea when to pick where!

The stages we use are:
Starter

• Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Town and City
  • Smashville
Counterpick

• Delfino Plaza
  • Wuhu Island
  • Skyloft
  • Duck Hunt
  • Castle Siege
  • Halberd
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Kongo Jungle 64
Sorry is the formatting is weird of if this is in the wrong place, I'm kinda new here and I'm still learning. Thanks. :)

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Go Kongo Jungle in every matchup.

I ban Halberd usually, it all depends on my opponents vertical kill moves and how vunerable they are to sharking. Pokemon Stadium isn't legal here, so I don't know if that's good or bad.

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
- Kongo Jungle has a high ceiling (and floor) and narrow-ish sides
- Jiggs can circle camp by floating around the stage and poking
- You can go through the stage from below, which means you can upair for free if you're comfortable with jumping down there
- Barrels help your recovery

Characters with projectiles are also at an advantage, though.

Last edited:

PandaEffect

Smash Cadet
why not? the puf vs Rosa matchup is pretty even, puff's biggest fear is Rosa's Uair. It seems the high ceiling would be great for the rosa matchup.
Yeah, that's why I counter picked that.
Let me rephrase that, if you aren't too much of a patient puff don't go there versus a Rosalina that has better spacing and is willing to camp all 6/8 minutes. Dair is pretty tough when they are camping the top platforms, and being on top of Rosa is obviously a bad idea even with the high ceiling.

The Rosalina was Dabuz so I should have seen it coming.

Edit: Found the match if you care about it, I was a bit impatient and I'm no pro.
http://www.twitch.tv/smashstrikeonline/b/625761577
Starts at 36:45

Last edited:

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
You can tell the moment where you realize what a horrible decision you made, lol

(Great baiting and shield game on match 1 first stock.)

mimgrim

Smash Hero
If you are playing against a smart opponent they will ban Kongo so that they don't have to fight Jiggs there.

Generally Jigglypuff likes big stages with big blast zones and a high ceiling. What you want to strive for is a stage with both but this isn't always going to be the case in which case of the 2 a bigger stage is more important.

So basically; Big stage with big blast zones and high ceiling > big stage > big blast zones for Puff's best kinds of stages.

From that list Kongo is the best but as I said it will be banned against you by a smart opponent. After that stage I would say you best stages to go to would be Battle Field, Wuhu Island, Skyloft, or Duck Hunt. Duck Hunt is a really good stage to goto against characters who can't jump very well/have problems getting to high problem so that you can just camp out on the tree (this is basically as a way to replace Kongo when you're going up against someone like Mac or Dorf). BF/WI/SL is basically up to your discretion in what you prefer but for a quick thing into them;

BF is good because it has a rather high ceiling and that platform layout is helpful. It is basically a poor man's Dreamland when Dreamland doesn't exist.
Wuhu is good because it is usually a big stage throughout the traveling portions and transformations and most of the layouts are helpful for how Jiggs plays.
Skyloft is good for similar reasons that Wuhu is.

Hoejja

Smash Apprentice
Isnt the high ceiling countering her rest though ? I'd rather try to rest on halberd, plus she can shark under the plateform.

Ofc not against a usmash happy char, but i believe it can work out

MJN Pilot

Smash Cadet
NNID
SSB-Pilot
3DS FC
4184-4408-1292
Isn't the high ceiling countering her rest though ? I'd rather try to rest on halberd, plus she can shark under the platform.
You're not going to be relying on rest for stocks, and you die super quick on Halberd. Plus, the difference between rest killing on Halberd and, say, DK64 is negligible.

Top Bottom