• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When is the last time Peach won a major tourney?

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
I'm just wondering, because its all Marth, Fox, Falco. It doesn't have to be MLG, but something important

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
It is really hard For Peach to win any major tournaments. She is not easy to use at tournament level. Cause of players like Fox/Falco. It seems its always them. But I don't think its impossible for her to win one. I'm hoping soon I can make that happen

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Dunno, but there isn't too much. Even securing 2nd to 5 can be a bit hard at times. Remember, Marths, Foxs, and any of her other counters gives her a lot of trouble. So, if you're character controls good counters, you'll have like a 1:5 chance of securing 1st place.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ha ha, that goes to show how hard it is for Peach to win a tournament. From what DoH said, it happened twice out of...................then thousand tournies. Tis is sad for Peach indeed.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Heh, I'll think I'll Pass on that.Oh yea, you have to play those characters to win a tournament, or else why enter one unless you just want to get noticed on how good you are with your main and how far you can get? Hard to win a tournament with? Oh hell yea. Impossible? Seems that way but i doubt it. Ha, this is gonna be fun.......

Ryan-K

Smash Master
The 5th best in the game isnt that bad ok ****.

Peaches don't win tournaments because only a select few have stepped up their game and not their johns.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
The potential of the top tiers, ICs, and CF is a good deal greater than Peach's. Peach also gets countered pretty hard by the top tiers. This isn't conducive to winning major tournaments.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Heh, I'll think I'll Pass on that.Oh yea, you have to play those characters to win a tournament, or else why enter one unless you just want to get noticed on how good you are with your main and how far you can get? Hard to win a tournament with? Oh hell yea. Impossible? Seems that way but i doubt it. Ha, this is gonna be fun.......
Well yea its impossible to win tournies only as Peach.

And no it's not gonna be fun.

Anyways, you can't solo a tourney and win anymore... ppl simply became too good at this game.

EDIT: By too good I meant that the overall skill level of players is getting higher and higher... look at FC, it was very hard to make top 32 there. Lots of big names didn't make it...

EDIT2: And yea, Peach is not good enough... in every unbalanced fighting game, top tier is the only thing that matters

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
Whats wrong with PAL?

Peach wasnt changed in PAL......

And if i recall correctly she is one the excact same spot on the PAL tier list as she is on the NTSC one.

Ijuka

Smash Ace
What do you mean "play like that and still win tournies"? Makes it sound like he played bad. O.o Don't think he did.

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
he predictably used the same approaches, and the pace of the match overall was quite a bit slower than top-level us matches. I'm sure he would **** the mess out of local tournies, but if he tried to come over here and win something as big as even one of chudat's biweekly's it would probably be hard for him.

:edit: slikvik, I agree that faab did not play well in that match. are there vids up of the finals?

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
IMO, that falco wasn't very fast at all compared to US falcos. I think he let himself get camped more than he should have.

Pey

Smash Apprentice
Isn't she in top tier? I don't follow the USA tier lists too much but I thought she was in the highest tier. If thats the case u would think it would be natural for her to be winning like Fox, Marth etc.

Ijuka

Smash Ace
Fast? If you play too "fast" you get ***** by Peach. I think he played smart vs Peach... But don't judge players by speed. If that counted, my Falco would be like one of the best. Which it is not, btw.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Fast? If you play too "fast" you get ***** by Peach. I think he played smart vs Peach... But don't judge players by speed. If that counted, my Falco would be like one of the best. Which it is not, btw.
Not really. With space animals, speed is needed for them. If you have speed, you could control, dominate, and even destroy a few matches. In order to play Fox or Falco, you need

adnormal reaction speed

quick speed mindgames

L cancels

If you have two of the three, you could win a lot of matches. What Na!l's trying to say is that the Falco was mostly camping, compared to other Falcos he sees.

Now, back in topic. The reason why Peach has a hard time winning major tourtuments is because high and top tier characters could abuse her weakness, which is pretty obvious.

Captain Falcon could kill her with speed and spikes. Shieks takes down on her close up game. Marth destroys her with speed, spacing, and a selection of mindgames. Space animals could do all of that and more. Falco and Fox could get on her with their U-tilts, wave shines, shines, almost everything. After awhile, it gets pretty discouraging. =/

Peach has at least, depending on the area of the tourtument, has 2 out of 5 chances for trying to hit first. large popularity of counters, 1 out of 5.

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
Dunno, but there isn't too much. Even securing 2nd to 5 can be a bit hard at times. Remember, Marths, Foxs, and any of her other counters gives her a lot of trouble. So, if you're character controls good counters, you'll have like a 1:5 chance of securing 1st place.
Marth, I can understand... but you can't be serious when you say that Fox counters peach.
I've played some of the best fox on the west coast, and though they can best me, it's because of their experience, not their character. Peach and fox are about evenly matched. Can't figure out how to fight the ****ed space-turkey yet though....

Edit:
Also, you have to be a genius to win with her consistently.
Her main weakness is that she is so very very easy to combo, therefore logic dictates that not only do you have to focus on putting the hurt on, but also, you have to put an abnormal amount of effort into not getting comboed to death

Also, her lack of spacing outside of turnips, and lousy wavedash is abit of a problem.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Marth, I can understand... but you can't be serious when you say that Fox counters peach.
I've played some of the best fox on the west coast, and though they can best me, it's because of their experience, not their character. Peach and fox are about evenly matched. Can't figure out how to fight the ****ed space-turkey yet though....

Edit:
Also, you have to be a genius to win with her consistently.
Her main weakness is that she is so very very easy to combo, therefore logic dictates that not only do you have to focus on putting the hurt on, but also, you have to put an abnormal amount of effort into not getting comboed to death

Also, her lack of spacing outside of turnips, and lousy wavedash is abit of a problem.
fox counters peach

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Fox beats peach. He can control the match with lasers and his speed and the fact that he is so good at killing up cuts peach's durability. Peach can also have a hard time outright killing fox, and fox's bair is beastly vs. Peach.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Trust me, this fact has been known for quite a while.

Remember, Peach is slow character and compared to Fox, she has more lag. Superryan said some of the moves, but that's not all. His Waveshine is like a lock on Peach: once you're in it, it's hard to get out. Now, combine that with his Up smash and you got shiek (Her Upthrow and Uair is a auto kill ><). His shines also makes a good edge guard.

Remember, you can win any match if you got the speed to deliver the blows. In a way, Fox has the advantage, but Peach could still win the match with some difficulty. If you face smashers like M2K, PC Chris, or Forward (who plays Falco), then you'd understand the space animals' full potiential (FYI, not saying your west coast sucks. It's that you'll get a better understanding if you play several more Fox players.

Out of all her counters, Fox and Marth could probabaly abuse her weakness the most IMO.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Most of it has been said already, thus answers the reason why Peach does not win tournaments. She is just a character that gets abused too easy, and it sucks on her part. Thats why its always Fox/Falco/Marth. the kings of taking tournaments. And why most players these days use them/pick them up. to get that win. Though it would be nice to see a Peach player step up to the plate and owns those three characters with Peach and win a tournament alot. even with all the reasons said why Peach does not win a tournament.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Most of it has been said already, thus answers the reason why Peach does not win tournaments. She is just a character that gets abused too easy, and it sucks on her part. Thats why its always Fox/Falco/Marth. the kings of taking tournaments. And why most players these days use them/pick them up. to get that win. Though it would be nice to see a Peach player step up to the plate and owns those three characters with Peach and win a tournament alot. even with all the reasons said why Peach does not win a tournament.
good luck PWNing marth...>>

Top Bottom