• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

when & how to use effectively A.T

elmike

Smash Apprentice
I feel a bit lost with AT

Here is a video with a recap of some AT (Perfect Pivot, Fox Trot, Pivot Dash, Pivot Dash boost grab, dash dancing, etc..)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzv-fmiTH_M&list=UUbQi5EQFrAnA47CmXjmmbXg

Now, i can execute them all. And i can see some "theoretical" applications.
But when playing versus humans, i cant find a real application. Unless the other is a bad player (and then, i just use them to "brag", not that i needed it)

Is it just me, or its very difficult to give them good/real use when the opponent you are facing is at least as good as you?

If i'm wrong, can you please provide me with some real life examples on how and when to apply them efficiently?
Videos, Explanations of real situations, etc... Anything will be appreciated !

Last edited:

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
At high level play mind games and adaptability become very important. Utilizing these techniques on good players serve you best by adding to your offensive options. Example would be you notice early on that your opponent puts up shield when you dash so you adjust by dash grabbing. Then the opponent learns to side step your grab coming out of your dashes. If you do not adapt and find an answer to his adaptation it will make winning less likely because you are being read so hard. But if you have the knowledge and mind set to work around his adaptation using some extra technuques you can keep them geussing on what you intend to do. In this example of the opponent now side stepping your dash grab you can mix him up by running past them (they side step in reaction to being conditioned to think a grab is coming) and instead you pivot grab, tilt, or smash to catch them outta there sidestep. Now your opponent is forced to have to guess the means of your approach rather then know what is coming. This is what will seperate top level players from mid or novice in this game. AT's have there place and uses just gotta remember there is a time and a place for them. Mix ups will be the name of the game.

Top Bottom