• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When did you first play Super Smash Bros.?

Rodriguezjr

Smash Apprentice
I played Super Smash Bros. ever since the first day it came out. I still remember those commercials.

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
I don't remember well I just saw the commercial and went crazy for it in 1999 I think...

Andromeda

Smash Lord
I played Melee for the first time summer 2002 I think. At a store. It was among the funniest games I 'd ever played. I didn't buy it until 2005, but I had kept the title of "that funny game" in my head all those years until I bought it, so I could remember which game to buy.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
I played SSB64 for the first time in 2000 or 2001, cant quite remember which. I played it on my brother's N64, which a few months later he sold. I certainly didnt get hooked then. About 3 years later I bought my own N64 (I know, talk about late :S), and only bought SSB64 because it was one of few games I remembered, not because I liked it or thought it was good. I couldnt even remember what the gameplay was like. I still didnt get hooked then. It wasnt until 2005 when I bought my Gamecube and Melee that I got hooked.

There, life story over :)

Crookedstep

Smash Rookie
I played SSB a long time ago, maybe in 1999. Me and my friends would meet up at one of our houses and play 4 player battles. Good times... Unfortunately, the guy who owned the cartridge lost it, and well... that was the end of that. The next time I played Smash bros, it was on my own Gamecube, on christmas day 2003. Things got real interesting with the new characters. I stayed with Samus, however. When brawl came out, I bought a Wii and a freeloader+game from eBay. Naturally, it rocks.

Top Bottom