• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your Smash tag?

[Streak]

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lividus_Streak
Is there any tag you use whenever you play? Could be something as simple as your actual name, player ID, or just a random assortment of letters and numbers. Is there a story behind how you came up with it? I'm still undecided on what I wanna' use, but I'd like to hear what tags you guys have, or have had in the past.

Khao

Smash Lord
I just use Khao.

It's what I use everywhere.

Even friends and family IRL call me that.

And it does have a history, it's basically a nickname derived from my real name that kept evolving through my entire childhood to reach what it currently is right now (which is kind of hilariously different from its orgin).

Valkauv

Smash Rookie
Zhduken. It sounds & looks amazing and means "disappear" in Albanian.

Jud

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jude_Ruys
3DS FC
2423-5055-0710
I use Jud usually, unless I'm playing with friends

D

Deleted member

It's usually 'Sanae' but other times I like to have fun and use tags after my favorite anime characters.

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
It was iOWN in Melee because I was 8 years old when Melee came out and I thought I was super pro at that game lmfao (I wasn't)

Then when Brawl came out I kept tradition but I added a U to that name and used iOWNu.

And I use that name as well for WiiU

So yeah. Same SmashTag for 14 years now haha

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I used to just use my name or initials, but now I use TSwizzle, or TSwiz if Brawl/Melee.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Arikado

A if I'm bored to make the tag

D

Deleted member 269706

Rawk, in tribute of the great and mighty Rawk Hawk!

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
Lily. It's simply my preferred name.
I might use Enju from time to time though because animu.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
I used to use AM as a short for my username on here, but I've switched to RK9 as my tag and MegaRK9 as my miiverse name. Short, simple, and to the point :059::059::059:

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
It depends where I am and what character I'm playing.

If I'm in a tournament, I use TMOC (the master of circuits)
If I'm with friends playing Wolf-Fox Alt. I use the tag "Wolf" if I'm playing Fox's James McCloud alt I use "Father?"
If I'm playing Shulk, I use the tag "ReynTime". Or really I'll just use ReynTime for any charcter, becuase it's always Reyn time xD.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
"Ness" in Brawl because I couldn't get the hang of him but wanted to main him 'in spirit',
"Lucas" in SSB4 because I wanted to try him out again but he wasn't in the game (yet!), and
"メット" (Buzzy Beetle) in Melee because Japanese characters, and back in the day Buzzy Beetles were pretty cute (PM, PM:TTYD and Mario Party 6 being the last few games they'd appeared in circa 2005).

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
My tag originally in Melee was [4Get] since it was the only thing that could fit with 4 characters. After Brawl came out, it was [Lcuan] since we had a 5 character limit but I was already utilizing [Locuan] for basically everything :laugh: And now my tag completely fits! So I'm [Locuan] in both the Wii U and 3DS!

:227:

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
My name is "The Toon" I think I kind of just accidentally copied south park's "The ****" but whatever.

Turrin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Turrin
3DS FC
4425-1919-5126
I play with my tag set as Sol. My brother plays as Ion. These are both fictional characters we've created and used in various stories.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I use "Peen" for my in-game tag.

It was just some random tag that I put in when I first started playing Melee and it stuck.

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
It was just MAX but then I stopped caring about the in game records and I use various now

Max2King is one, I also have Grimes which is the name of a musician I like, and I have Wahrior for when I'm playing as Wario

SPC_Oli

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheRavn
My former tag was "?"
i recently changed it to "RavN"

_Vicious_

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vicious09
i use PB_VICIOUS, vicious is my last name and i like the poppy bros from :4kirby:

HoboJoe

Smash Rookie
I just use HoboJoe, it was a joke nickname I had back in high school because my winter jacket I wore made me look like a homeless man. I thought it was funny and it stuck, in game I use "HOBO" as my character tag.

Top Bottom